Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today and tomorrow are EOQ push days. Given the lack of even a single person here claiming delivery, or even a VIN, I have to think that Q1 deliveries are going to be merely left over inventory from late December production. The number of refreshed customer deliveries may be zero or very close to zero.

The Q1 EOQ push will be the 3 and Y only, and perhaps now they can focus on getting production moving on S and X for Q2.

As far as lack of communication, perhaps Tesla doesn’t really know yet how the production will ramp. Communication was better when I ordered by S in 2012. They told me red wasn’t being made yet, and in March 2013 they told me red was now in production, and in April I had a VIN. Here 8 years fast forward , Tesla is a more mature company, and the communication is somehow worse.

Gorgeous body, and quality of build, but that interior...I think there is too much to look at, touch and futz with....yes, would probably get used to it, but why would one have to? I appreciate the simplicity and elegance of the S even more so now.....

I agree but the Taycan is real and the S is vaporware at this point with no prognosis.

Here 8 years fast forward , Tesla is a more mature company, and the communication is somehow worse.
Back then the S was the only thing going on at Tesla. I think the issue here is that almost nobody at the company gives a crap about the S/X anymore. The executive team is undoubtly focused mostly on building/expanding the Berlin, Texas and Shanghai factories. Next they're going to be focusing on the Y deliveries and getting that fully ramped up. Then there will be lingering 3 issues. Then they're going to be worried about the Truck design, then the Semi. Way down at the bottom of the list is going to be some intern in a closet working on getting the S line running. Probably even lower than the Roadster and the upcoming $25k car.

Thats the only thing I can come up with. They just don't care about the S or it's buyers, there is no other excuse for the lack of communication.

I don’t believe Tesla doesn’t know approximately how long the delays are going to be. If they don’t then they are way more incompetent at planning and communication than we all credit them for. They can reasonably project by working backwards, inform their SAs and email reservation holders. They simply choose not to. There is no other excuse.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Back then the S was the only thing going on at Tesla. I think the issue here is that almost nobody at the company gives a crap about the S/X anymore. The executive team is undoubtly focused mostly on building/expanding the Berlin, Texas and Shanghai factories. Next they're going to be focusing on the Y deliveries and getting that fully ramped up. Then there will be lingering 3 issues. Then they're going to be worried about the Truck design, then the Semi. Way down at the bottom of the list is going to be some intern in a closet working on getting the S line running. Probably even lower than the Roadster and the upcoming $25k car.

Thats the only thing I can come up with. They just don't care about the S or it's buyers, there is no other excuse for the lack of communication.
Oh they are not partial towards non-S buyers. They give equal opportunity for everyone of their customers to experience their incompetence. I had plenty of nightmares with my 3 and earlier Ss. The only reason I am sticking with them is because there is no reasonable alternative in the market today.

Today and tomorrow are EOQ push days. Given the lack of even a single person here claiming delivery, or even a VIN, I have to think that Q1 deliveries are going to be merely left over inventory from late December production. The number of refreshed customer deliveries may be zero or very close to zero.

The Q1 EOQ push will be the 3 and Y only, and perhaps now they can focus on getting production moving on S and X for Q2.

As far as lack of communication, perhaps Tesla doesn’t really know yet how the production will ramp. Communication was better when I ordered by S in 2012. They told me red wasn’t being made yet, and in March 2013 they told me red was now in production, and in April I had a VIN. Here 8 years fast forward , Tesla is a more mature company, and the communication is somehow worse.

I'm sort of glad it is delayed past this week. They are going to be sending out some really terribly built cars over the next 2 days. You never want to buy a Tesla EOQ. And, if I'm being honest, you don't want to be one of the first ones to get one either. Shame really.

I'm still in the club that they really don't know how long it will be. They missed the first announced date and probably decided that they need to be quiet until literally consumer production versions were rolling off of the line.

If that was the case then they wouldn't have bothered with the refresh. What you say makes no sense.

I'm sort of glad it is delayed past this week. They are going to be sending out some really terribly built cars over the next 2 days. You never want to buy a Tesla EOQ. And, if I'm being honest, you don't want to be one of the first ones to get one either. Shame really.

I'm still in the club that they really don't know how long it will be. They missed the first announced date and probably decided that they need to be quiet until literally consumer production versions were rolling off of the line.
Elon has actually been on record you do want to get either one of the first vehicles or after the production ramp. Not sure where this FUD is coming from.

A buddy of mine got a Y last week and it had great build quality.

The last 30 pages have had no new information, the same 10 different scenarios described over and over again. I’m excited for my Plaid as well, but it’ll come sooner than you know it, the yoke will be addressed one way or another. I’m confident the build quality will be great. Until we see the first customer car with half inch panel gaps, we have no reason to believe the build quality will be poor. The production line has been shut down since December. This wasn’t some 2 week retooling period.

The fact there have been 20 different reasons shared about what some SA said across the country should be reason enough to know it’s speculation. And so will the next one. Until a VIN is shared, again, everything is speculation.

Just be patient, it’ll come and you’ll forget about the wait.

This is a rant - don't take it seriously but many of you have better things to do. This thread is supposed to give people an update on when delivery can be expected, or perhaps the delivery experience. In the past month there have been close to 2,000 posts complaining, whining and speculating on delays. People who have signed up for this forum in the past few weeks who have 200+ posts, all in this forum, with nothing worth printing. How about people stop posting until there actually is news? Post when your Tesla page gives a delivery date, or you get a VIN. Post when you get your car. Don't post as though you know Elon or have some insider information which you do not have!

This is a rant - don't take it seriously but many of you have better things to do. This thread is supposed to give people an update on when delivery can be expected, or perhaps the delivery experience. In the past month there have been close to 2,000 posts complaining, whining and speculating on delays. People who have signed up for this forum in the past few weeks who have 200+ posts, all in this forum, with nothing worth printing. How about people stop posting until there actually is news? Post when your Tesla page gives a delivery date, or you get a VIN. Post when you get your car. Don't post as though you know Elon or have some insider information which you do not have!
Ok, definitely not taking this seriously 😜

If that was the case then they wouldn't have bothered with the refresh. What you say makes no sense.
Sorry, obviously they care a little bit about it, enough to at least assign a couple of interns to figure out how to turn the MCU 90 degrees and change the bumper. Ohh and they did have the A team figure out how to cut some costs by taking out the steering wheel stalks.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: foos and BruceR61
Elon has actually been on record you do want to get either one of the first vehicles or after the production ramp. Not sure where this FUD is coming from.

The last 30 pages have had no new information, the same 10 different scenarios described over and over again. I’m excited for my Plaid as well, but it’ll come sooner than you know it, the yoke will be addressed one way or another. I’m confident the build quality will be great. Until we see the first customer car with half inch panel gaps, we have no reason to believe the build quality will be poor. The production line has been shut down since December. This wasn’t some 2 week retooling period.

The fact there have been 20 different reasons shared about what some SA said across the country should be reason enough to know it’s speculation. And so will the next one. Until a VIN is shared, again, everything is speculation.

Well duh, it is all speculation because March came and is about to end but there is no update from Tesla. Conversing here for a lot of folks is therapeutic. If Tesla comes out today and announces that they are working through perfecting certain aspects and it would be June before they start deliveries I bet the traffic here would taper down for sometime. People come together during times of uncertainty. It’s Social 101.

It's sad that this has to be even said. Think about it, a CEO of the most valuable auto manufacturer in the world (by far) literally said in public "well, if you don't want to get our shitty build quality issues, try at the beginning" LOL. Come on, insanity to accept that.

And, no. Why don't you go look up The Ys from last year, 3s from 2017ish, the first Model Xs, etc, there's a clear pattern.

I think the holdup is:

- The yoke
- The software
- The battery architecture
- The chip shortage
- The factory fire
- The new ambient lights
- The new diffuser
- The touchscreen
- The ventilated seats
- The trim pieces
- The cameras/sensors
- The pedals
- The floormats

IDK, did I get most of em?
You forgot "The Yolk". Lots of folks here are concerned about that one.

• Funny
Reactions: cascadilla
And what is the old saying in the auto industry, always buy the first model year as it is always perfect, except for Tesla? It that the saying?

Been through this a few times and the wait will be completely forgotten after you get the car. Just wait patiently and quit checking every day. They will contact you when they actually know something useful.

Troy Teslike (@TroyTeslike) Tweeted:
2/2

However, Tesla had actually stopped S/X prod at the end of Q4 but we didn't know about that until S/X Refresh was announced on 27 Jan.

Then, there were production problems with the Refresh. So, instead of 15K Model S/X in a regular quarter, we are now down to less than 3K.

Who is Troy Teslike? does he work at the fremont factory?