Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
regarding permits, i looked at a lot of older permits from this factory. it’s not unheard of for permits to have no inspections and end in the issued state.
true, the two i keep referencing though, the bus bar one failed (that may end up being closed by now), the tool install one just finished plan check on 4/1, so regardless of anything, 7 days for an install of something that took plan check a month to get through, idk :D

can you explain to me the fixation that so many have about having the rear camera on while driving forwards
We got a new Escalade a few months ago and it has the camera display on the rearview mirror while driving. Seemed like a silly feature until we moved packed some things in the truck for my sister-in-law from Lowes. We quickly saw it was a great feature when the back window is completely obstructed.

Reactions: BarbJohn
We got a new Escalade a few months ago and it has the camera display on the rearview mirror while driving. Seemed like a silly feature until we moved packed some things in the truck for my sister-in-law from Lowes. We quickly saw it was a great feature when the back window is completely obstructed.
that still doesn't explain the need that some have to view what is going on behind them while driving forwards

I see that some people like it, my question is WHY?
Simple: there are some blind spots on the S that the rear camera helps to alleviate especially when there's heavy traffic during commutes. I find it useful when I know I've got some dodging to do because of the way people drive in my neck of the woods.

If it makes someone more comfortable with driving then it's a benefit - nothing really to concern yourself with if you drive differently.