Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

doubleshot

Mar 8, 2021
Marietta, GA
regarding permits, i looked at a lot of older permits from this factory. it’s not unheard of for permits to have no inspections and end in the issued state.
true, the two i keep referencing though, the bus bar one failed (that may end up being closed by now), the tool install one just finished plan check on 4/1, so regardless of anything, 7 days for an install of something that took plan check a month to get through, idk :D

shauncarter1

Jan 14, 2021
New Jersey
can you explain to me the fixation that so many have about having the rear camera on while driving forwards
We got a new Escalade a few months ago and it has the camera display on the rearview mirror while driving. Seemed like a silly feature until we moved packed some things in the truck for my sister-in-law from Lowes. We quickly saw it was a great feature when the back window is completely obstructed.

Reactions: BarbJohn

mk677

Feb 10, 2021
jacksonville fl
We got a new Escalade a few months ago and it has the camera display on the rearview mirror while driving. Seemed like a silly feature until we moved packed some things in the truck for my sister-in-law from Lowes. We quickly saw it was a great feature when the back window is completely obstructed.
that still doesn't explain the need that some have to view what is going on behind them while driving forwards

mk677

Feb 10, 2021
jacksonville fl
to the guys waiting for the cars you reserved, haven't you learned from the history of tesla? Every car that tesla introduced, almost any "promise" from Elon, has never appeared when promised.
why would anyone believe that the intro of the refreshed S would defy this reality?

Last edited:

TrevTremaine

Mar 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I see that some people like it, my question is WHY?
Simple: there are some blind spots on the S that the rear camera helps to alleviate especially when there's heavy traffic during commutes. I find it useful when I know I've got some dodging to do because of the way people drive in my neck of the woods.

If it makes someone more comfortable with driving then it's a benefit - nothing really to concern yourself with if you drive differently.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC