Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we go. Let's see if we can get a visual on some proof.

Apparently, some VINs have been assigned?
This seems like someone going into a Reddit forum and tossing in a grenade just to see what happens. Best bet is to wait until they actually start showing up in people's driveways

so you divert your eyes from looking forwards to view a screen shot of what can be seen with glances and peripheral vision?
ok. if that's what floats your boat but IMHO it is a very poor way to operate a vehicle.
If you have customized your car to mount the screen behind you and also to only take a single screenshot, I can't blame you for not using it. Or was it that Tesla accidentally mounted it on the second row and called it "in spec"? Either way, definitely don't try to look back at it instead of looking forward. I really have nothing else to say on this topic at this point. 🤣

I think we have come to the point that we need to use the red card. My status has not changed, my delivery date is blank. It appears that there will be no news this week on deliveries.
How can there be a viable update ?

This morning, Elon has taken the time to thank his suppliers for "critical parts." We can all theorize about these critical parts. Let's assume these parts are necessary for S's and X's to roll off the assembly line. You can construct your own timeline, but mine goes on for quite a few months.

So it's then time to fall back on reality - which is nebulous / fuzzy / indeterminate (pick your favorite)

Reactions: eipi10
I rented a car today and it made me long for the Tesla to be delivered that much more. (Very on topic!) The worst thing about regular cars is the gas station. I pull in and there is someone sitting there high on drugs. (Let me be clear -- I fully recognize that this is because he is the victim of oppression and injustice.) Then, it takes forever to use the credit card reader. The credit card readers at gas stations always seem like they haven't been updated in 30 years. If anything goes wrong -- like, you pull the credit card out a second too soon -- they go through this two minute process of blinking messages at you, telling you to go inside and pay the clerk, and resetting before you can try again. Yeah, right, like I'm going to step foot inside that gas station and deal with more drug addicts. Then, I get germs and gas on my hands because I have to to touch the pump. It was all so horrible.

Apparently some guy on Twitter says he can see his vin for a plaid in the web inspector. No screenshot of it tho :(

Attachments

• AA2F6F2C-FBAF-412D-AD48-4BA71D78ACE6.jpeg
    AA2F6F2C-FBAF-412D-AD48-4BA71D78ACE6.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 98
Apparently some guy on Twitter says he can see his vin for a plaid in the web inspector. No screenshot of it tho :(
FWIW, this is now three separate people that I've seen claiming VIN distribution. Reddit yesterday, and these two posts on twitter today. Seems plausible. I'm starting to get hope.

Also Buffalo, New York and soon Austin, Texas.
Hmm... you have my attention.

Is it just me… Or is anybody else checking the Tesla online store daily to see if there are any changes in the offerings for Model S accessories? I have assumed there will potentially be some changes to products for the refre”S”, possibly floor mats, wheel packages etc.
So far no changes that I’ve seen.
Although it would be very nice if I could reuse sunshades, all weather mats, etc. from my current MS100D.

Is it just me… Or is anybody else checking the Tesla online store daily to see if there are any changes in the offerings for Model S accessories? I have assumed there will potentially be some changes to products for the refre”S”, possibly floor mats, wheel packages etc.
So far no changes that I’ve seen.
Although it would be very nice if I could reuse sunshades, all weather mats, etc. from my current MS100D.
i'm checking 'meet your tesla' videos for updates

Reactions: Blue Stuff