Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are folks with trade-ins doing for your pre-order? I've had my Model 3 trade-in expire twice, and at this point I'm holding off updating it since the valuation lock-in is only good for 30 days. My thinking is that I'd be better waiting a couple weeks to lock in the mid-May value and have it valid until mid-June rather than lock-in now (possibly slightly better value) and then have it expire at the end of June and have delivery a week later, and be forced to take an early june value (probably slightly lower value than mid-May).

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but the trade in value over the last two offers came down over $1k, and I hadn't even put 1000 miles on the car.
Won't the trade in value change regardless of whether you have a prior eval done or not?

Won't the trade in value change regardless of whether you have a prior eval done or not?
They lock your value for 30 days or 1k miles, whichever comes first. After the lock expires you need to have another valuation done.

Edit: I'm not sure I answered your question, but if you're asking if how many lock periods you've had matters, it doesn't. I'm just saying that, assuming you can pretty much draw a linear downward trajectory on trade-in value over time, the ideal time to request your valuation would be just under 1 month prior to when you take delivery. Obviously since we have absolutely no clue when these things will be delivered, it's pretty tough to time this, but locking now is almost certainly a bad idea since I'm judging my odds to be near zero for a delivery date within 30 days of now.

Reactions: omarsultan
Today, a checkmark finally appeared for my insurance info (even though I provided it on Day 1). No estimated delivery shown (since early March).
Ordered 1/31 (but changed design twice). RN 11444xxx, MS LR, Red/Black, 19", FSD, Palm Springs

When I placed my order in January right after the refresh announcement, the SA in Palm Springs told me that each region was allocated a certain number for the first round of deliveries of the refresh, so it was good I got my order in right away, as he said there were only a few left in their initial allocation.

Was anyone else told anything similar or have more information on whether any of that is true?

Reactions: Desert Dave
Today, a checkmark finally appeared for my insurance info (even though I provided it on Day 1). No estimated delivery shown (since early March).
Ordered 1/31 (but changed design twice). RN 11444xxx, MS LR, Red/Black, 19", FSD, Palm Springs

When I placed my order in January right after the refresh announcement, the SA in Palm Springs told me that each region was allocated a certain number for the first round of deliveries of the refresh, so it was good I got my order in right away, as he said there were only a few left in their initial allocation.

Was anyone else told anything similar or have more information on whether any of that is true?
The same thing happened to me (ordered 1/21, RN1144xx, MS LR). I had provided the info months ago, and the insurance check showed up today.

I ordered same date, same location and SA is Ella. Very unresponsive 😜. Maybe I’ll see you when we pick up On same day in May (optimism included)

Reactions: derevan007

Same here - there were boxes to fill for the auto policy # and expiration date. I also reuploaded a copy of the insurance policy. Got the check mark.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.58.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.58.34 AM.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 87
The same thing happened to me (ordered 1/21, RN1144xx, MS LR). I had provided the info months ago, and the insurance check showed u

Thanks - same here as well. I think the question is did everyone receive the updated check mark under insurance. If so, in my option, this means nothing. If not, it may be that some of us may receive vin numbers soon.

Thanks - same here as well. I think the question is did everyone receive the updated check mark under insurance. If so, in my option, this means nothing. If not, it may be that some of us may receive vin numbers soon.
I've had the checkmark since day I ordered (03/19). I have had no changes since that day. MS Plaid site shows 10-14 weeks

At the very least, a checkmark on the insurance box is a half-broken straw we can grasp at as we drown in speculation.

Except, their pocketbook will be a lot happier. Sure is a lot less to just purchase a 3/Y. I wish Elon would at least release all the options that will be coming on the S, like vented/cooled seats, etc.
The S is far superior to the 3/Y - anybody says otherwise simply can't afford it. The wait time now for the 3/Y is still 1-2 months. Same as plaid June/July.

I uploaded my insurance information weeks ago and never got a check mark. As of last night, it now has multiple new fields under insurance, as described above, and never finishes "loading preview".
Happened to me last evening - there was a drop-down with choices in a foreign language and the site kept trying to load my previously-submitted insurance info. This morning that changed. Probably will for you to shortly.

I was told that i was 50/50 for the q2 Batch in June. That there quite a few folks that ordered before me(my order was 3/4). I just took that as hedge.
That seems to corroborate what I was told. My SA says that even a few days delayed in placing my order likely would have put me in the 2nd batch. He said they were only allocated a handful for first deliveries. Of course, this is information from end of January, and they might have changed their delivery plan or perhaps this "allocation" was never true to begin with. I'm dubious given that deliveries take into account specific configurations so I think that is more likely the determining factor than some sort of regional allocation.

The S is far superior to the 3/Y - anybody says otherwise simply can't afford it. The wait time now for the 3/Y is still 1-2 months. Same as plaid June/July.

Did not claim it was, as I have one on order. It probably has nothing to do with people not affording it. But, it better be far superior, as the cost is also far superior. Elon needs to show the new options that come with it that makes the cost far superior and what new thing stand out compared to the outgoing S.

Love Tesla, but if he keeps managing his company this way and customer experience with little information, then he will be in trouble the coming years with the countless competitors coming, which includes the luxury Euro’s too. You don’t spend big money on a car to just keep waiting on speculation/rumors.