Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And LR now Sept - Oct
For what it's worth, I ordered a LR on May 1 and my account page gives me an August estimate. I'm not counting on it since I only ordered now to hopefully get it when my lease expires at the end of November. That doesn't mean that I'm not checking this forum and refreshing my account page daily. I understand all of you much better now that I have ordered one.

Reactions: Moose57
sponge4years.jpg

You’ll get your car when Tesla wants you to get it. Period. You don’t like the wait? Tough *sugar*. You don’t like the fit and finish? Go elsewhere. Panel gaps bother you? Buy a luxury car. Tesla has no reason to give anyone $0.01 in discounts because demand outstrips supply so vastly. Will that change? Yes. When? Not this year, regardless of MB, Ford, Lucid, Audi, Rivian, etc. Vaporware and unproven designs will take time to really compete with Tesla. Even if Tesla’s customer service is as bad as a utility.

Sorry for the tough love. I enjoy whining as much as anyone, as you all know by now, but the idea Tesla “owes” any of us anything is ludicrous. See what I did there?

This is the way.

Last edited:
I hate the truth.......but I love the car. defects and all
You’ll get your car when Tesla wants you to get it. Period. You don’t like the wait? Tough *sugar*. You don’t like the fit and finish? Go elsewhere. Panel gaps bother you? Buy a luxury car. Tesla has no reason to give anyone $0.01 in discounts because demand outstrips supply so vastly. Will that change? Yes. When, not this year, regardless of MB, Ford, Lucid, Audi, Rivian, etc. Vaporware and unproven designs will take time to really compete with Tesla. Even if Tesla’s customer service is as bad as a utility.

Sorry for the tough love. I enjoy whining as much as anyone, as you all know by now, but the idea Tesla “owes” any of us anything is ludicrous. See what I did there?

This is the way.

Elon should give us free super charging for the inconvenience.This delay is unacceptable.

I agree - especially for those who ordered before 4/1. How much would it cost them to give a few thousand model s orderers a year or free supercharging as a sign of goodwill?

But I mean yeah, no way. All good though. Better get my referral miles before they go away!

You’ll get your car when Tesla wants you to get it. Period. You don’t like the wait? Tough *sugar*. You don’t like the fit and finish? Go elsewhere. Panel gaps bother you? Buy a luxury car. Tesla has no reason to give anyone $0.01 in discounts because demand outstrips supply so vastly. Will that change? Yes. When, not this year, regardless of MB, Ford, Lucid, Audi, Rivian, etc. Vaporware and unproven designs will take time to really compete with Tesla. Even if Tesla’s customer service is as bad as a utility.

This is the way.
Basically you're correct but even now and certainly moving forward with rapidly increasing competition, it will be more and more difficult for Tesla to get away with such things, especially the lies and lack of communication and accountability. Having said that, I briefly watched a video done by Top Gear UK who tested one of the first $2.6 MILLION Lotus Evija EV (hypercar EV) prototypes dialed back from ~ 1900 HP to 1,600HP / 1,250 lb-ft TQ with a small lightweight 69Kw battery and only does 0-60MPH < 3.0 sec. and has a very low max battery range. But of course, Lotus has always been about low weight and handling. My point is that car is going to be $2.6 MILLION and doesn't come anywhere close to the performance levels of the new Tesla MS Plaid or Plaid + for millions of dollars LESS! Fascinating.

Reactions: T-Racer
It's a easy choice for me: Car TODAY or free stuff................... I'll take my car today please :)
I agree - especially for those who ordered before 4/1. How much would it cost them to give a few thousand model s orderers a year or free supercharging as a sign of goodwill?

But I mean yeah, no way. All good though. Better get my referral miles before they go away!

Looking from another perspective. Tesla manages to keep cause of the delay a secret for many Months now. This is in itself a great achievement. Because people (employees) tend to talk so you’d expect the reasons to be out on the streets by now.
Quite impressive despite it being unfortunate for us who ordered.

Ordered on day 4 after the announcement. Living in Europe so it’ll require even more patience than most users here. 🤔

Would I turn down any free stuff given for my "inconvenience"? No, but I do not expect it and will not turn away because I do not receive it. I am getting the $2000 discount for the conversion and that will put new A/S on it when I pick it up. I hope they do not change the referral program before delivery though.

I keep telling myself that with all that I am dealing with all the work and life issues that are far more important than replacing my current (great) vehicle with this one. That this will pass soon enough, I will move on, and you will all forget about my smart-ass pearls of wisdom I have posted.

Would I turn down any free stuff given for my "inconvenience"? No, but I do not expect it and will not turn away because I do not receive it. I am getting the $2000 discount for the conversion and that will put new A/S on it when I pick it up. I hope they do not change the referral program before delivery though.

I keep telling myself that with all that I am dealing with all the work and life issues that are far more important than replacing my current (great) vehicle with this one. That this will pass soon enough, I will move on, and you will all forget about my smart-ass pearls of wisdom I have posted.
If they know enough to give delivery estimates on orders placed today forward, why can’t they update pre-refresh order delivery estimates? Some have nothing (like me), some have “-“, and some have July, it appears. Why the differences?

And keep the pearls coming…🤣

I think the % of backlog will be cleared like this -

May 0%
June 20%
July 50%
August - 30%

Its already 7th May, and no VINs issued - assuming delivery is 2-3 weeks. We may not see May deliveries.

I'd argue:

June: 5% (1,000 units)
July: 25% (5,000 units)
August: 50% (10,000 units)
Sept: the remaining from today's date.

When Elon says "probably" that usually means + 1-2 units of measurement. So since he said "probably next month (May)" .. I'd say end of June is best case, with July being a bit more and August being the full ramp.

I'd argue:

June: 5% (1,000 units)
July: 25% (5,000 units)
August: 50% (10,000 units)
Sept: the remaining from today's date.

When Elon says "probably" that usually means + 1-2 units of measurement. So since he said "probably next month (May)" .. I'd say end of June is best case, with July being a bit more and August being the full ramp.
Yeah this sounds possible too.

Either way, nothing in May, little in June..majority in July... and this is conservative I think

Something for you guys to give you hope:

TLDR: Massive consumer product conference in China today thru Monday. Tesla is going and is supposed to be bringing the entire car lineup, rumor is that includes the new Model S/X. How much detail we will get, who knows.

The clickbait kids on twitter seem to think that it will be more than just showing the cars physically, that their features/specs/etc. will actually be presented/discussed.

Last edited: