Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think the active wing will be part of the production model?
That wing was integrated into the car--seems like a lot of work to do simply for a test--not like the wing we saw a couple of years ago at 'Ring which was bolted on. That might explain the $20K bump in the price on the Plaid.

There a quite a few east coast orders with June delivery dates--I think those are our canaries, they should be the first ones to see VINs. Being in California, I fully expect to get a call on 6/29 that my car is ready and can I pick it up at 2am.

I don't think the wing is coming with the Plaid. I believe it is specifically so the plaid+ to break the leguna seca production car record. There's absolutely nothing that mentions this wing anywhere. I don't think they add something like that last second. I definitely would not get my hopes up. Not to be a jerk, just being real.

Last edited:
Do you think the active wing will be part of the production model?
No…probably not even for the MS Plaid +. Even Musk said in 2019 when they tested the MS Plaid (with the same active rear wing spoiler) around Nurburgring that it was for testing and racing purposes and would not be included. Sorry, I know some people like that look but personally, I think it’s very tacky on a street car and although I understand what it’s for with the downforces during racing at high speeds, I think it should remain on race cars only imho.

Reactions: PWRUP and JimLL
Toronto, ordered LR ,in March, delivery was 4-11 weeks, just changed to August, just spoke to Tesla Toronto, and they seem to know what was happening, as answers were very quick and straightforward, I mentioned I would not be here August to late October, and was told that in fact they doubt the cars will be delivered even by October.R1145

Last edited:
Is it though? This forum represents a small subset of the total Model S orders. It seems the overwhelming number of us have a June date now, which would mean the majority of all existing Model S orders also have a June date. Going from zero Model S cars made to fulfilling the majority of existing orders in 45-days seems highly unlikely to me. My August date feels more promising to me because it seems more realistic. All this switching of dates, randomness of the June date vs order date and the crowd of people now in June just makes it seem more unrealistic.
I agree it sounds unlikely they can get all the back orders from October thru February filled by end of June, but it is a hopeful sign that Elon has secured the necessary supplies of unobtainium to begin production in the next week or two, so that alone is reason for hope.

No…probably not even for the MS Plaid +. Even Musk said in 2019 when they tested the MS Plaid (with the same active rear wing spoiler) around Nurburgring that it was for testing and racing purposes and would not be included. Sorry, I know some people like that look but personally, I think it’s very tacky on a street car and although I understand what it’s for with the downforces during racing at high speeds, I think it should remain on race cars only imho.
That wing looks like it sits flush with the body, and extends when needed. I would say it's very possible it could be added at some point. My 3000GT had an active wing that laid parallel to the ground when not needed, and tilted to increase drag. A flush sitting wing would not change the appearance very much and adds a ton of cool factor.

That wing looks like it sits flush with the body, and extends when needed. I would say it's very possible it could be added at some point. My 3000GT had an active wing that laid parallel to the ground when not needed, and tilted to increase drag. A flush sitting wing would not change the appearance very much and adds a ton of cool factor.
Sure but there's a huge difference, cool factor, and tackiness vs. classy active rear wing spoiler on a Porsche 911 (which also folds in and hides away at low speeds) and this huge tacky racing wing thing...just saying.

Sure but there's a huge difference, cool factor, and tackiness vs. classy active rear wing spoiler on a Porsche 911 (which also folds in and hides away at low speeds) and this huge tacky racing wing thing...just saying.
1621093357832.png

But it is not big. It is not a wing at all. It is part of the rear of the car that just rises up. When that thing sits flush with the trunk, it will look no different than a MS without a wing, with the exception of the lines around the mechanism.

Reactions: HumanInput
View attachment 662525
But it is not big. It is not a wing at all. It is part of the rear of the car that just rises up. When that thing sits flush with the trunk, it will look no different than a MS without a wing, with the exception of the lines around the mechanism.
Zoom in and enlarge the picture; it sits about 1'6" above the trunk. It's BIG imho. Anyhow, no matter...we'll see if it becomes std or at least an option for the MS Plaid + in 2022...definitely not happening for the MS Plaid this year...I like the std, classy matte carbon fiber rear spoiler for my MS Plaid. :cool:

Reactions: T-Racer