Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla useful to send cars across country or truck only?

With logistics so snarled up right now, wonder if delays will happen once released from Fremont.
I asked if I could pick mine up in Fremont like I did my first MS but was told no. Was hoping that would eliminate logistic complications but hopefully being SoCal that’s not as much of a concern anyway.

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
Most of us with GT-Rs usually don't start peacocking until after 1000HP, but you do you. I'm sure it feels super fast 😀

Anyway, I'm just waiting for my blue MS Plaid (June 1-30). Hopefully it's one of the ones in that video. New baby meant I'd need a 5-seater and killed my dreams of a Roadster (for now), but I think I'll survive with the S.
Don’t know about that with the GT-Rs; mine ran 10.2 sec @ 136MPH and yeah, most would say that’s quite quick. I chose to keep my GT-R with stock turbos and do a full-bolt-on instead…much more reliable and it was…sold it for almost $60k after 7 years with > 56,000 mi.

I’m eagerly awaking my MS Plaid…will be nice to have that kind of GT-R power again (+ add’l 320HP/TQ) after driving a 400 HP/512 lb/ft TQ Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV for a couple years…was fun but not like 1,020 HP/TQ fun, lol! 😜😎

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew-MS and MAZADR
Was june 01-30 before and changed to blank yesterday..

there's also the change that 'isfromadmingool' has changed from false to true. Any idea what this mean?

RN1142, ordered nov/2020, Red/black 19"
I have had a blank since Friday and also have "isFromAdminTool" set to "True". Really no clue what it means. Can one of you who has an Estimated Delivery Date let us know what your isFromAdminTool value is set to? I have a feeling that the update algorithm has just forgotten about a few of us "blanks" :(

Whats the question?

So they do rail. Rails are delayed in unloading quite a bit if freight. Just wondering if deliveries will see delays due to logistics once they leave Fremont.

Tbh didn't understand the question all the way. I just know they do truck long hauls and rail. That's all that I'm aware of. For the middle part of the country it's rail to KC or Memphis and then truck.

They showed me the map when I ordered my model 3. They said they have no places to hold cars so they have to be unloaded and taken immediately once they arrive at the distro center.

Whats the question?

So they do rail. Rails are delayed in unloading quite a bit if freight. Just wondering if deliveries will see delays due to logistics once they leave Fremont.
Yes, I was told that Tesla may be doing train delivery from CA to much of East Coast US which can take up to 3 weeks...hence, the VIN approx 3 weeks before delivery. Truck transport is approx a week but I was told most won't go by truck but will likely be transported from CA to FL by train. Don't know.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Yes, I was told that Tesla may be doing train delivery from CA to much of East Coast US...which can take up to 3 weeks. Truck transport is approx a week but I was told most won't go by truck but will in fcat be sent from CA to FL by train. Don't know.
This is why they send the East Coast ones first. If they leave in 2 weeks or so, they can deliver by end of June. Otherwise, they’re toast.

Let’s be real. If they called any of us up and said “hey, you can take delivery but have to fly four hours and then drive two hours to get your car…” we’d all be on the next flight. Maybe they should just piggyback off the mass vaccination sites and have mass distribution centers.

Actually, if Uncle Elon delivered on FSD, they’d be able to just let the cars drive themselves to us. As it stands, summon is frightening in a basic parking lot…but I digress.

Come on June.

Last edited:
Red/cream is the combo we have on our X. To each their own, but I really like it. The cream shade is more subtle in real life than in renders imho. Always wanted to give white interior a try though, so I went blue/white just for something different. I figure since I'll be lucky to get my car by Q3 '22 I'll have plenty of time to view the interiors in person and change if need be.
I had MC Red over tan and loved it, would have gotten that again in a heartbeat if they didn't black out most of the exterior trim.

Reactions: Cherry Wine