Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a simple-minded observation as it doesn’t account for other assets a person may have, like liquid equity positions.
Several pages ago, some members were posting photos of their past high-end cars. Though I've had my share of German-made vehicles, those posts made me feel as though I'm the poor kid on the block since I don't have the luxury of buying another vehicle to tide me over until the Unicorn MS arrives. I agree with you @artsci - some of us are able to afford the vehicle we like despite not being independently wealthy. In my case, I'm writing a big fat check for my Unicorn.

I heard also that there might be a cap on the $7500 (or is it now $10k?) credit limited to non-luxury vehicles? Potentially vehicles under 60k? If so that would rule out S/X. Possibly even Y at some point with add-ons.
I saw this somewhere as well, and it makes sense. If they are trying to target the average citizen, the cap should be placed on the vehicle price, not the income.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Range definitely depends on how you are driving. I have only done 2 trips so far of about 300km each. If I’m driving to have some fun, range is around 400km. I have seen others get 500km or more if they are driving it in range mode or normal. But my thinking is a Porsche is supposed to be driven like a Porsche and I don’t care too much about range. Plus the car is new so I’m having a little too much fun. Perhaps range will improve with time if I stop driving like a madman.

Fair point man. I truly wanted a Tesla - would have been my first but I’m not as patient as you all on here. Also, it was quite easy for me to stay with Porsche as I’ve owned two of their vehicles before the Taycan. The supercharger network is definitely a deal breaker if you’re doing long distance drives regularly. I have two other ICE vehicles so it wasn’t as much of an issue for me. I’ve also charged from about 5% to 80+ at the local Electrify Canada station in 15-20 mins on two occasions now. While the charging network isn’t great, there are enough around for me to feel comfortable taking it into the mountains or on a road trip.
Yeah, although I appreciate different driving modes, I tend to just put it into highest "performance mode" and leave it there for whenever I want to do some spirited driving on the fly. But yeah, 250 mi. max battery doesn't cut it anymore (not for me anyway). Had that with my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV but had range anxiety a little when I had to drive 75+ miles each way to Miami for say 2 customer appts but realized if I wanted/needed to stop by a 3rd customer's house, I would be pushing the max battery range and really didn't have time to stop to charge. So, I always limited myself and my I-Pace to about 170-180 mi. max per day and came back to charge at home with 40+ miles every time. It worked but just having another 100 mi. extra for battery range will work quite nicely for me, so Tesla MS Plaid w/ approx 350 mi. max battery range (and even if it's lower around 320 mi, I'm good!). Thank you for your honest answers on this. :cool:

My entire order is now missing from my account page. Thanks Tesla web admins.
same here... maybe they're adding the VIN to our accounts :)
1621537401651.png

It seems like Tigers really hit a nerve with his income projection and generalization. Everyone obviously has very different life circumstances and cost of living variances. I just think the income level he stated is what his own personal circumstances dictate is rational to him.

You have to take into account so many different variables that you can not make a generalization on necessary income levels, since everyones monthly living expenses vary greatly.
Yea I agree. I always have people assume that im financially irresponsible just because the things I say im going to get or things I have without hearing what im putting away to how im going to go upon doing so. I might be doing better than some but im definitely not rich but I can for sure manage my money very well.

Reactions: Kaos_X
Am I missing something? It was a 2 sentence tweet that mentioned nothing about deliveries beginning...
Yes, old news at this point. Since Tesla has no PR/Media Relations Dept, apparently it's all up to E Musk's tweets (geez...I don't even do Twitter, lol). And yes, they're doing a "special" Refresh MS Release Event on 6/3/21, supposedly explaining some new features and providing some more details (finally!!!) on the vehicle and announcing first deliveries for June (likely for VIPS and possible pre-refresh announcement reservations).

Well really my main point was that Biden is hurting ev growth for the sake of politics and optics, not what would actually push EVs moving into the market faster.

The whole $250k household number is his arbitrary line of "rich" and was just giving those a heads up in this thread that we are unlikely to benefit, so no need to push off delivery.

Outside of that, yeah, my other thoughts still stand but whatever people want to do with their money is their own problem. 😊

I will say, after living in California for a year or so, it was pretty hilarious watching people driving around $100k cars sitting in traffic on the way to their 9-5 and then coming home to an apartment, likely around the 800 sq ft mark. Always made me giggle. I digress.
Yea last part I agree with that makes no sense I see it as well.