Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sent an email to my SA, his mgr, and the RM about this. I think they understand our point here and our frustrations on Tesla's entire bs, unprofessional process. Why does my Tesla account say August delivery from when I ordered almost 4 months ago vs. estimated June delivery for anyone who reserves a MS Plaid today? WTF? We know they're being dishonest (perhaps both for my order or not but almost definitely for new orders today). I received a nice email back, but not sure if they'll actually do anything about it.
How did you get contact info for the entire chain? I'm not ready to harass them yet, but I've been working with two different SA's and am getting mixed messages.

Sent an email to my SA, his mgr, and the RM about this. I think they understand our point here and our frustrations on Tesla's entire bs, unprofessional process. Why does my Tesla account say August delivery from when I ordered almost 4 months ago vs. estimated June delivery for anyone who reserves a MS Plaid today? WTF? I received a nice email back, but not if they'll actually do anything about it.

Another interesting thing about the website is that it seems you can no longer order a Plaid+. Maybe after this fiasco with the refresh they decided they should only sell cars that they are prepared to produce?

I guess it just comes down to where do you find the protection is enough.

1. Paint the metal to prevent rust.
2. Clear coat the paint to protect the paint that is protecting the metal.
3. PPF the clear coat to protect the clear coat that is protecting the paint that is protecting the metal.
4. Ceramic coat the PPF to protect the PPF that is protecting the clear coat that is protecting the paint that is protecting the metal.
Not to be too pedantic, but a ceramic coating doesn't really "protect" anything-- at a few microns thick, it can't. What it _does_ do is make the surface much less "attractive" (for lack of a better term), so that it's less likely to retain dirt, and dirt on it will wash off more easily.

That's pretty much it. Most places that offer ceramic coatings are deliberately vague on what it does...

I've had it done on one car, and it did work well for about 18 months before it wore away, but for the cost I don't think it's worth it.

Can't tell if the site is down this frequently at all times, and it's just more visible to us at the moment because all of us are refreshing/visiting the site multiple times a day - or if their site and update practices really are "testing in prod" focused.
Breaking News: A group of Tesla enthusiasts are actively performing DDOS attacks on the Tesla webpage by constantly refreshing their account pages.

I guess it just comes down to where do you find the protection is enough.

1. Paint the metal to prevent rust.
2. Clear coat the paint to protect the paint that is protecting the metal.
3. PPF the clear coat to protect the clear coat that is protecting the paint that is protecting the metal.
4. Ceramic coat the PPF to protect the PPF that is protecting the clear coat that is protecting the paint that is protecting the metal.
Do we know if the this MS will have aluminum body panels?

I've had other cars where the paint was near perfect but the nuts, bolts, and fasteners were all showing rust.

Can't tell if the site is down this frequently at all times, and it's just more visible to us at the moment because all of us are refreshing/visiting the site multiple times a day - or if their site and update practices really are "testing in prod" focused.
My account is coming up but my MS LR is missing. Maybe when it comes back up, I'll move from August to June :p

Reactions: MattCharleston