Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have debated long and hard about putting in a plaid order to see what comes first, the LR ordered in early Feb or the Plaid ordered now. Definitely a case of FOMO. I have come to the decision I will order a MY LR, the money I save on not going Plaid pays for a large % of the Y, I’ll take delivery of both whenever that maybe, 2x Tesla at some point in the future which seems like a good outcome....whenever that may be....I may regret that come June 3rd and when the Paid VINs starting rolling in here but c’est la vie...

• Love
Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I get a chuckle with all the “I’m going to order a Plaid because it says June delivery...”

The same way it said March or earlier for most of us that ordered in January or earlier, then June, then “-“, now pretty much 🖕

Or as Lincoln said, “You can fool some people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time”. Unless you are Elon Musk.

Seems like Monkey is back to work after a beer... My order is RED LR with 21" wheels..

Seems like Tesla couldn't locate wheels and change the colder to BLACK and for some reason pre-refresh MS :D.

But Monkey is nice not to play with delivery schedule.... still holding August 🤣

1621994412022.png

i have debated long and hard about putting in a plaid order to see what comes first, the LR ordered in early Feb or the Plaid ordered now. Definitely a case of FOMO. I have come to the decision I will order a MY LR, the money I save on not going Plaid pays for a large % of the Y, I’ll take delivery of both whenever that maybe, 2x Tesla at some point in the future which seems like a good outcome....whenever that may be....I may regret that come June 3rd and when the Paid VINs starting rolling in here but c’est la vie...
What is most curious is that everyone actually believes what Tesla is saying all of the sudden. They put June delivery on the Plaid page like a shiny silver spinner - lots of people biting.

What is most curious is that everyone actually believes what Tesla is saying all of the sudden. They put June delivery on the Plaid page like a shiny silver spinner - lots of people biting.

This, 100% "wonder how many people we could upsell by $40k if we put June on the website". That's 100% what they are doing. Or my magic 8 ball is full of *sugar*.

Seems like Monkey is back to work after a beer... My order is RED LR with 21" wheels..

Seems like Tesla couldn't locate wheels and change the colder to BLACK and for some reason pre-refresh MS :D.

But Monkey is nice not to play with delivery schedule.... still holding August 🤣

View attachment 666310
Maybe they are just doing market research on the new vantablack paint color. If so, my vote is do it Elon. I will buy vantablack all day every day.

I get a chuckle with all the “I’m going to order a Plaid because it says June delivery...”
I will gladly give Tesla $100 for them to lie to me about my delivery date. The entertainment value alone is worth the price of admission. I get the same feeling of euphoria every time I pick up a lottery ticket. You have to keep that dream alive!

I don't believe it at all, but I want to BELIEVE! There is a dramatic difference. I fully expect Tesla to disappoint us again, but I choose to remain hopeful. I am willing to pay a small price to maintain that hope.

Are people really willing to pay an additional $40k to receive their Model S 6 weeks earlier(plus get the extras)?
Apparently, as I just did. My third and last order. Canceled first Plaid order 1/29, ordered LR on 1/29 for March then June, then August delivery, and just placed Plaid order tonight with June delivery. Don’t hate me for jumping the line. I’m one of the many that sold my 2015 MS in February expecting a March delivery.

But, to carry the metaphor further, gotta have a blowout presento on the 3rd else the fish are going to throw the hook.

There are cars in Fremont. We did not see that in March. Question is will they send them out this quarter?

Reactions: T-Racer
I will gladly give Tesla $100 for them to lie to me about my delivery date. The entertainment value alone is worth the price of admission. I get the same feeling of euphoria every time I pick up a lottery ticket. You have to keep that dream alive!
I am seriously considering doing the same. Entertainment and avoid FOMO until delivery day, and that could be a lot longer than we have been told.

Reactions: EVonly
Apparently, as I just did. My third and last order. Canceled first Plaid order 1/29, ordered LR on 1/29 for March then June, then August delivery, and just placed Plaid order tonight with June delivery. Don’t hate me for jumping the line. I’m one of the many that sold my 2015 MS in February expecting a March delivery.
Except it’s certainly possible if not more likely that you would’ve received your MS Plaid sooner had you kept your order from 1/29. Don’t be surprised or upset if/when you get notification in a week or two that your “new” MS Plaid order just placed changes from June delivery to August or September. Remember it takes 2-3 weeks from getting your VIN to actual delivery here on the US East Coast and your June delivery window is about to close shortly.