Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until they make FSD transferable I am not buying it, not even if they offer it for $5K. It’s a ripoff now and it will be a major ripoff at that price.
Especially when you consider it doesn't even go with the car. Stripping a software package you purchased, so they can resell it to the next customer should be criminal.

I think a ‘rent to own’ FSD subscription is the way to go. It would bring in many more customers than a plain subscription model without pissing off all the people who pay up front for FSD. It could still cost more overall than upfront purchase if structured properly.
But a subscription model should not be necessary to begin with. Tesla has made it a point to give you an account that all of your products belong to. If it wasn't for straight up corporate greed, the FSD package would be purchased for your account, and applied to any Tesla you drive, since you have that product attached to your account.

But a subscription model should not be necessary to begin with. Tesla has made it a point to give you an account that all of your products belong to. If it wasn't for straight up corporate greed, the FSD package would be purchased for your account, and applied to any Tesla you drive, since you have that product attached to your account.
I wish that's a feasible business model considering the amount of research and funding goes into development of FSD.

Currently, FSD is tied to the VIN, similar to OEMs tying OS license to a laptop. If you sell the car, the new owner get FSD. If your car is totaled, bad luck for you. FSD is not transferrable to your new car. If and when Tesla starts subscription model, it'll be use and pay for a specific VIN, probably with no contract. If your statement of tying FSD to profile and use it on any car is definitely not possible... If so, Tesla will still make you pay FSD payments based on no.of cars in your profile... it's not a pool of floating license(s) that you can use on any car.. I don't think Tesla will ever go down that path.

Plaid S and Plaid X reservation holder here. I’ve been addicted to this forum for months now and obsessing over the leaks and photos. I have to admit though that all of my/our obsession to get this refresh sooner then later or be the first to take delivery should go against our best judgment. The flyover showing all of the S outside/in field with the trunks open finally made me pause. I’m scared about what might actually get delivered. These cars are likely going to be dirty and beat up with missing pieces.
Based on experience, I took a Model Y at the start of the pandemic and I think the vehicle literally had Covid. It was so sloppily put together the deeper I looked and eventually required a buy back from Tesla.
Im just saying —the excitement of new and fast is certainly clouding my/our best judgment. Oh wait, they just updated my delivery date. Never mind.

If there is any realistic plan for early June deliveries then people should start receiving VINs any day. Tesla won't expect to give a VIN today and have you pick up the car tomorrow. We will know something soon. Even if people don't start to get VINs before June 3, that will be informative.
SO true. Any loan on the car would require a VIN to be attached to it for the proceeds to be disbursed. The process of Bank here is my VIN to here is your check can "hardly" happen that quickly

Reactions: cubsnlinux
Every forum has someone who lobs anger grenades. Part of the entertainment is when people can't take it anymore and engage. I'll get my popcorn

lol...good point. Not sure why I even responded as I typically just ignore this stuff. Anyways, can't wait until they start deliveries of the Model S and we start seeing some videos.

Plaid S and Plaid X reservation holder here. I’ve been addicted to this forum for months now and obsessing over the leaks and photos. I have to admit though that all of my/our obsession to get this refresh sooner then later or be the first to take delivery should go against our best judgment. The flyover showing all of the S outside/in field with the trunks open finally made me pause. I’m scared about what might actually get delivered. These cars are likely going to be dirty and beat up with missing pieces.
Based on experience, I took a Model Y at the start of the pandemic and I think the vehicle literally had Covid. It was so sloppily put together the deeper I looked and eventually required a buy back from Tesla.
Im just saying —the excitement of new and fast is certainly clouding my/our best judgment. Oh wait, they just updated my delivery date. Never mind.
Not to discourage you, but the cars next to the train tracks look really sad, like they have been there for months. No way to charge them.

I hope they are never going to be sold, but that seems unlikely.