Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nice carbon fiber piece. Couldn't tell from tesla website.
Thanks for posting this. A couple of things jump out here that I haven’t seen before.
  • Chrome delete looks satin and all the other cars I have seen were high gloss. Big improvement 👍
  • Door handles were body colored and all the previous versions were black.
  • Carbon fiber on the lower rear bumper is new.
  • Black contrast stitching/ piping on the seats looks sharp. Better than the renders!
I’m hoping all of these changes make it on the final production cars.

I agree and there is evidence of them doing this in areas with EV credits that have price caps. If you look at Canadian pricing, Tesla has modified pricing on their cars or come out with specific versions just so their customers could be eligible for the EV rebates. Tesla actually sells a Model 3 in Canada that only has 94 miles of range in order to get the price below the EV credit threshold.

94 mile Model 3 eligible for EV credit

I can envision Tesla keeping the Model S below $80k by not charging for paint or interior color changes. This would enable Tesla to increase volume on the Model S by selling their vehicle to a much larger audience.
With the new tax credit and 80k cap, it does make the MYP and M3P a compelling alternative, short term.

However, Tesla will likely reduce its refresh LR prices in the future like they have before.

Great video. Want 2 more min of extreme closeups. The arches, the diffuser, the lip, etc...but beggars can’t be choosers here, all in due time :)

Prob also more proof active aero has no shot for plaid and is plaid+ testing.
cF looks great, want more, more aggressive, more CF!
screen doesn’t look like it tilts?
love The body color handles

If Tesla is prioritizing high profit margin vehicles, I wonder if it would be worth the hassle to order FSD and then cancel it before taking delivery. I mean, if your car is at the nearest service center, and you have 3 days to accept, they would have to choose between disabling FSD, or selling the car to someone else.
I might check on when you can cancel FSD--I know its SW but Tesla is weird about stuff like this

But on a more important note, does anyone have any idea how this delivery would work? I mean, won't they give the new owners 48 hrs notice? Won't that entail VINs? Even cash buyers have to get insurance set up...
At least in CA you don't, you just need active insurance and then you have 30 days (2 weeks) to get the new car added to your insurance.

Reactions: Danlbrau
It seems like cars purchased after May 24, 2021 will get the $7.5K credit.

What is strange is "the portions of the proposal making the EV credit a refundable personal income along with the VIN requirements are effective for vehicles acquired after December 31, 2021". What exactly are those portions?
I think I get it.

What's confusing is that it says the refundable tax credit will apply to cars bought after December 31, 2021. But you don't need refundable tax credit if your tax liability is larger than the tax credit. That's true in my case.😁

Regular tax credits are not refundable.

It's still not clear if that extra $2.5K applies to cars bought after May 24, 2021.

Delivery fees should not be part of the MSRP. I predict a lot of white refreshed S's on the road soon.

Thanks for posting this. A couple of things jump out here that I haven’t seen before.
  • Chrome delete looks satin and all the other cars I have seen were high gloss. Big improvement 👍
  • Door handles were body colored and all the previous versions were black.
  • Carbon fiber on the lower rear bumper is new.
  • Black contrast stitching/ piping on the seats looks sharp. Better than the renders!
I’m hoping all of these changes make it on the final production cars.

See this really irritates me because is it just the plaid that has the body color handles and the satin trim… I would assume that the LR is going to be the same way but I much much much prefer this. I wish we could get confirmation...

Reactions: PWRUP
See this really irritates me because is it just the plaid that has the body color handles and the satin trim… I would assume that the LR is going to be the same way but I much much much prefer this. I wish we could get confirmation...

Come on people, this was all covered in Elon's call he made in February... Oh, wait, nevermind.