Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The point is that $10k isn't going to provide a meaningful incentive to people who can afford $80k+ cars. You have people on here saying they switched to Plaid ($40k more), despite not caring about the extra power, because they will get it maybe two months quicker. You have people on here who have paid $10k for FSD even though the majority of industry experts say it will never exist. Nobody here is deciding between EV and ICE based on $10k.
If an EV tax credit is a go once again for Tesla’s, hopefully it will make a difference for potential model 3/Y buyers. The government definitely won’t be providing assistance for people to go 0-60 in 2 sec 🤩. It would piss off a lot of avg folks and they’d be right hah

• Funny
Reactions: cubsnlinux
How does one find and SA. I never saw that one was linked to my order. I have a plaid on order MSM, cream, 21in wheels, FSD. Always showing a June 1-30 delivery
Typically, the SA is associated with the delivery location you picked. In dense areas like NorCal and SoCal, there may be a team of SAs that cover a number of locations. My suggestion is to call the store nearest your delivery location and see if they can route you to your SA.

I would assume NO. I believe the reason for call is to get plaid+ orders off the books and put people into a car that will definitely be manufactured. If I ordered a plaid+, I would not be certain that the car will ever be produced. My SA told me that he personally had not had any plaid+ orders.
On the other hand, it is quite possible that Tesla just wants to sell more cars this quarter/year.
This is merely speculation on my part.
I have to wonder if hanging on to a previously-placed Plaid + (man that's a mouthful!) order insulates you from the inevitable price increases that will come.

That’s odd because I don’t think anyone on here has mentioned a delivery day earlier that June 26th. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though. Mine was showing a delivery of 6/1-6/30, now jumped back to August...wtf. RN1149, plaid, Blk/Blk, 21’s, no FSD. I’m east coast though, not sure if they factored that into it....doing close to CA deliveries first and working east...???
Maybe those of us with later 2020 and 1/1/21 - 1/2~/21 orders with no delivery estimates will get our cars on 6/3/21 🧐. LR included hmmmmm that would be a nice surprise

So, I was seriously considering adding the FSD package just to move my LR order up in the queue and then removing it right before delivery. When I go to purchase it - I get this warning.
81FF70D5-596D-4836-85FC-3A2A15597FF4.jpeg

Anyone know if not being able to make any further changes includes not being able to remove FSD?

Reactions: Moose57
So, I was seriously considering adding the FSD package just to move my LR order up in the queue and then removing it right before delivery. When I go to purchase it - I get this warning.
View attachment 666994
Anyone know if not being able to make any further changes includes not being able to remove FSD?
Is there a difference in taxes if you purchase FSD prior to delivery or afterwards? I see that if I configure it now as part of the car, then there is a tax on the 10k (i.e. total price of the car increases by around $10,800).
If I purchase it at a later date, will I be taxed on the $10k?

Update: I'm asking about California

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HumanInput
The point of the EV incentive is to provide a $ incentive to buy an EV rather than a polluting ICE car. So a $10K incentive that causes someone to buy a base M3 instead of an Accord still costs the Feds $10K, but results in replacing a 30MPG car with an EV. Good.

But the $10K incentive on a $150K car results in replacing a 10MPG car with an EV. Isn't the more value and benefit to the environment for the same cost?

Why continue to encourage high-end high-polluting luxury and super cars when there would be far more bang-for-the-buck to extend the EV incentive to this group?

I emailed my congressman both senators and the president. I suggest others do as well:
Because people that live paycheck to paycheck actually NEED the incentives in order to consider an EV. People who buy $150K cars will whine about the incentives, but they are going to buy what they want anyhow.

Is there a difference in taxes if you purchase FSD prior to delivery or afterwards? I see that if I configure it now as part of the car, then there is a tax on the 10k (i.e. total price of the car increases by around $10,800).
If I purchase it at a later date, will I be taxed on the $10k?
I don't think there is tax on software purchases after delivery. I just purchased a 2021 Dual Motor Model Y and added the acceleration boost upgrade after purchase for $2,000 and there was no tax charged.

• Helpful
Reactions: HumanInput