Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was really hoping to not have a front plate mount on my Tesla, but I fear they are shipping them all with pre-installed front plate mounts, based on the photos. That would be unfortunate.
I personally think the front end looks a little too much like a manta ray and the license plate and mount breaks up that look. But, every one to his own super sonic bottom feeder.

If anyone does drive their refresh home a long distance, please protect your front paint with tape so you donā€™t arrive home with chips and scuffs/marred surfaces. Also let us know the Wh/mile and charging characteristics at super chargers please.
Something like track tape? Or something else? I used some before but it seemed to come off rather harshly..

All those MS have moved from the test track.
Screenshot_20210528-222621_Chrome.jpg

She is not an SA. She is a DS. There is a difference. Ask your contact in Carlsbad. See what you are told.

If we donā€™t believe Tesla employees on topics they have knowledge about, why would you believe an ad hoc tracking sheet that is inherently skewed AND based upon the information in your account on the Tesla website that no one trusts??? šŸ¤”
Just wondering. If Elon Musk doesnā€™t know what the hell is going on, what makes you think a DS would know? Serious question.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Just wondering. If Elon Musk doesnā€™t know what the hell is going on, what makes you think a DS would know? Serious question.
Fair enough. I believe the statement you took issue with was that vehicles with FSD do not get priority delivery, like the Plaid. She knows how the system works, having been an employee for so long. She did not claim to have any information regarding delivery dates, etc.

Mine has been installed just in time for my February delivery. It brought lots of luck for me. Every day I go I to my garage and have a nice green light shining at my Mercedes.
No wifi in my garage, so I am not even sure how to set it up.

OMG.. you have MB too?

The wife hates the Tesla. Too complicated. So now, we have a 560 S class too. The MB "only" has 47 buttons in the front cabin...

The garage sure is tight with a pair of big girls in there.

Fair enough. I believe the statement you took issue with was that vehicles with FSD do not get priority delivery, like the Plaid. She knows how the system works, having been an employee for so long. She did not claim to have any information regarding delivery dates, etc.
The place Iā€™m coming from after six years of dealing with Tesla (love their cars, not the way they do business) is whenever I think Iā€™m being to cynical, Iā€™m reminded over and over Iā€™m not cynical enough.

So when itā€™s clear they are prioritizing Plaid over LR, itā€™s all about pulling forward sales and profit into Q2. To think they wouldnā€™t do the same with FSD is naive. And to rely on what a Tesla rep would say, no matter what their position, is naive to the extreme.