Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No company is perfect - or even close. However, in all my vehicle purchases over the years, Tesla has had the worst experience so far. My want of the car keeps me going - the hope that it will be half as good as everyone here says keeps me from going somewhere else. But at some point, it stops being a test of patience and becomes a warning sign. Not saying I am there yet, but this is just draining. Sorry for being so dramatic...

It will be worth the wait and will be the best car you have ever owned (not just 1/2 as good as you can imagine). After driving a rental after I sold my S…..I don’t know how anyone could ever go back….and that’s JUST the performance/ drive. Buying gas VS plugging in every night is a total game changer AND 💰 saver

Well I've been out of town (still am) and I have to say...

Damn you guys really do post some useless *sugar* for pages on end. 😂

Read two posts worth looking at, one with pictures of that sexy red model s and one where Elon finally confirmed they are now in fact rushing the car like @Kuzco said.

Whatt could be so wrong they can't keep the event but so trivial they could fix in a week? I don't like any of those scenarios. When Tesla rushes things they don't turn out well at all. See the UI "upgrade" last Christmas.

Disappointing and yes, Tesla needs a COO. This is getting incredibly ridiculous.

I suppose regardless, I'm still getting the car (I'm still very excited about the car because I know Tesla uber alles), just hoping I'm at the end of the line at this point.

Last edited:
I think we should ALL cancel our Model S orders immediately, just to show Elon how pissed off we are about the situation! And I want my name to be the very LAST name he sees for all of the cancelled orders, that way he’ll know it was my idea!

So y’all get to cancelling and let me know when it’s my turn...

Well I've been out of town (still am) and I have to say...

Damn you guys really do post some useless *sugar* for pages on end. 😂

Read two posts worth looking at, one with pictures of that sexy red model s and one where Elon finally confirmed they are now in fact rushing the car like @Kuzco said.

Whatt could be so wrong they can't keep the event but so trivial they could fix in a week? I don't like any of those scenarios. When Tesla rushes things they don't turn out well at all. See the UI "upgrade" last Christmas.

Disappointing and yes, Tesla needs a COO. This is getting incredibly ridiculous.

I suppose regardless, I'm still getting the car (I'm still very excited about the car because I know Tesla uber alles), just hoping I'm at the end of the line at this point.
Welcome back. Could have used your wit to lighten the mood during some of the acrimony over the last day. 🤣

And I'm back to having a June delivery date.

RN1144
Went from March, to April, to June, to August, back to June 01 - 31, back to August, then just disappeared, and now it's back to June. I feel like they are just toying with me and delivery date is just generated using a random number generator when you log in.

Reactions: Fwizzy
This is exactly what’s got me. Makes me wonder if it’s something that needs 3-4 weeks to fix & he just told them “you have one week, make it happen”.

This is exactly what’s got me. Makes me wonder if it’s something that needs 3-4 weeks to fix & he just told them “you have one week, make it happen”.

Yup, and he convinced a bunch of people to throw $40k to be the first ones to get the band aid short term solution. 😂

I hope people get the plaid because they want the plaid but don't change it just to be first and reward this ridiculous behavior.

I am a bit surprised he delayed the event and only by one week. Bizarre.

Alright @elonmusk …. This is your official notice (🤣😂🤣) you have until 6/21 to get my 1/1/21 ordered LRS in my hands so I can get it wrapped / ceramic coated and back before my pre-paid rental from selling my ‘19 S is due back.

Hello @elonmusk are you listening 🧐

9A04E858-CCAE-493B-9D73-2F866D6BE343.jpeg

Funny, how Tesla can add the stupid captcha (most annoying thing), but still can not put any delivery date on my Model S.

FYI Elon - much better and easier ways to fight fraud Elon, instead of using a captcha. Those cause more customer annoyance than any other fraud tool.
Can you think of a better way to try and discourage and mitigate probably thousands of people refreshing their site every hour?

Point of reference. Just got a notice they make you "click" that radar will not be included on the model 3 before they will give you a VIN (Just got that VIN BTW). Wonder if you will see this for tilt screen and the other 3-4 things they have changed on the Model S after we signed our agreements.