Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact same thing for me as well.
At this point it is clear they don't need or want my business. If they did, at the very least someone would be trying to keep a line of communication open with me, or they would be trying to assure me they are doing the best they can.

I get the impression selling me the car or just keeping my $100 for the cancellation are both acceptable results for Tesla.

If I actually needed a car right now, I would have not just moved on, but put this company on my list of places to never do business again.

If I roll into December without a vehicle, that is what I will do.

Anyone else still missing a delivery date. Originally ordered 2/17, original delivery date last week of March. Changed to 4-11 weeks, August, Last week of June, August again and now doesn't show anything.
I haven’t had a delivery date since February, 4 months now. I checked with my SA a month ago and was told I’m in the system. Not doing backflips over that info.

• Funny
Reactions: yerEVan and ucmndd
I think Elon is not a nice person. Brilliant and the cars seem to be the best ev’s out there. But as a corporate head, he almost shows contempt for the actual customers. It is not that hard to set up a customer service department
I don't think it's contempt, but rather indifference. Customers being happy or unhappy does not seem to make much difference to him w/r/t his Master Plan, saving humanity and all that. Some of us just wanna go kicking and screaming as we're being saved, we obviously have no idea what's good for us. "We don't need to give 'em no stinkin' customer service, they're getting better cars than they'd probably ever even see in their lifetimes if it weren't for Tesla, so nyah nyah nyah."

And there's some truth to that. Bottom line, if the car is more important than having your hand held, you're hodling your order. If it's more important to you to be shown respect, walk. Elon doesn't really care.

At this point it is clear they don't need or want my business. If they did, at the very least someone would be trying to keep a line of communication open with me, or they would be trying to assure me they are doing the best they can.

I get the impression selling me the car or just keeping my $100 for the cancellation are both acceptable results for Tesla.

If I actually needed a car right now, I would have not just moved on, but put this company on my list of places to never do business again.

If I roll into December without a vehicle, that is what I will do.
I’m sticking it out because after my experience with the MS I will never go back to an ICE daily driver. But after this experience, I am hoping their are other EVs developed by the time my upcoming MS is due for replacement. Really don’t want to go through this again.

I’m sticking it out because after my experience with the MS I will never go back to an ICE daily driver. But after this experience, I am hoping their are other EVs developed by the time my upcoming MS is due for replacement. Really don’t want to go through this again.

Yeah, we are sticking out the MS LR wait also as the car is pretty solid now. More so than the X (which can’t trust to keep long term as over complex with potential failures), and the 3/Y are just lacking some comfort we want.

But I’d say in ~5 years+ there should be some great other very long range options, perhaps exceeding that of Tesla at that time, improved interiors, perhaps some good tech, and all at comparable/lower pricing (minus the mass inflation we are starting to see).

Last edited by a moderator:
The delivery of my MSLR/MSM/FSD/BLK car went from 6/21-6/30 to June. Being that the original date was the last week of the month, hoping this is a good sign, or TSLA could be back to their old games. RN1141 / SoCal here. Anybody else in the same boat?

Is Tesla thinking the demand is too low for Plaid models, or at least lower than the production volume they plan on shipping in the next couple of months?

Asking because I got a call from a Tesla employee out of Fremont this morning about my Plaid+ reservation. He was excitedly telling me that they're about to start deliveries in a couple of weeks and I should seriously consider the Plaid model so I can get it by "July at the latest". Of course, I would have to cancel my Plaid+ order, get the $1,000 deposit refunded, then place a new order for the Plaid. Which means losing my $8,000 FSD pricing and forking out 2k more.

I said no thanks, I'm not in a hurry. And that I would rather wait until the car is available for test drives so I can see it in person first. Oh, and he claimed to think showroom models and test drive vehicles would be available a few weeks after deliveries start, so July or August at the latest.

Needless to say, I won't believe any of this until I see it.
I think its them just trying to pull orders and revenue in. When we had out X on order, we would get regular messages to get another S in the interim, and when we had a Model 3 reservation, we would get regular messages to get an S or X in the interim. It's better to pull the revenue forward and also not run the risk of losing the Plaid+ sale to the competition.

Interesting. Is there a possibility Plaid+ will be cancelled altogether? Perhaps to reserve 4680 cells to CT, Semi, and Roadster?
I wonder about this too. I think, at the very least the Plaid+ ends up at the back of the line as they try and get brand new, overdue products out the door. Although that might change if they start losing too much business to Lucid.

I you needed proof that the estimated dates were bull *sugar,* my MY went from having a mid-june deliery date range to

“Estimated delivery: 3-13 weeks”

overnight. WTF?

My MS is still blank, of course.
I read this too fast this morning and thought you meant the monkeys changed your delivery date to show “WTF”, this morning.

It really would be fitting