Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. I had a estimated delivery of Dec 14-28. I assumed it would be correct and sold my Lexus thinking that I'd get the highest $$ by selling it sooner, rather than later. Sucks having to drive the 911 everywhere :)
Yeah I hear ya. I could do worse than being stuck in my AMG for a couple more months. I AM gonna miss that exhaust note!!! 😔

Tesla quoted me 2.49%. How do I go about getting a better rate? My credit is as perfect and I am open to all options as far as down payment goes and length of the loan.
Likely the best answer is to go where you have your assets. BofA which has my home loan and half of my IRA (Merrill Lynch) approved me for 1.74% (includes .5% off for relationship) for a 72 month loan of $95K. They didn't ask how much down. I used them previously and am very happy. But like others will tell you it is a competitive market and I'm sure you'll get similar rates. Incidentally, my FICO is only at 760 currently - but that wasn't a factor.

Thank you. Will check them out. Any other suggestions would be useful.
To be honest, if my calculations are correct, there is such a small difference from 2.49 to 1.99. It comes to $1,000 savings over 5 years. Better than a poke in the eye, I guess.
I'll be checking out DCU.

Reactions: donandersonjr
I'll be checking out DCU.

Most of the credit unions provide competitive rates compared to big fin institutes (unless you have a few hundred thousand $$ relationship). Check your local credit unions for deals.

Reactions: Tigers and T-Racer
Interesting things from Android app

Model S known as "P2" in some areas "model_s_p2"

This is like the VIN decoder referring to the new motor types as P2 Dual Motor and P2 Tri Motor
Vin Decoder:

vehicle_config.car_type for the refresh is "lychee" which is some sort of tropical fruit. The original Model S is "models" and the 2016 facelift is "models2".

It is also referred to as "MS3" in some places "MS3_hero_front_body()"

from what I can tell, vehicle_config.trim_badging will be "plaid" for the plaid, and vehicle_config.has_ludicrous_mode would have been reused to denote it as a Plaid+

Code:
"_generateModelP2BadgingView", value: function (t) {
    arguments.length > 1 && void 0 !== arguments[1] && arguments[1];
    if (null == t.trimBadging) return null;
    var n = t.trimBadging.toLowerCase(), l = "Long Range";
    return t.hasLudicrousMode ? l = 'Plaid+' : 'p' === n.charAt(0) && (l = 'Plaid'), h.createElement(y.Text, {style: B.infoText}, l)
  }

The Tempest wheels seem to be different based on what type of Model S it is

Code:
case b.SXWheelTypes.TEMPEST_SONIC_SILVER_19_INCH:
      t = _.vehicleType === b.VehicleTypeStates.MODEL_S_P2 ? O.MS3_hero_reverse_wheels_Tempest19() : O.MS_hero_reverse_wheels_Tempest19SonicSilver();
Thanks for posting this and the link to the VIN Decoder. That is awesome! This answers some questions. I've captured a couple of VINs from the flyovers - they're the QR codes in the upper driver's side windows.

Based upon the 8th digit in the decoder (5=LR, 6=Plaid), we can tell that they are both MS LR. I'd like to see if we can capture any additional VINs from the flyovers, but for the sampling of 2, we can see that neither are Plaid.

These pictures all lacked spoilers and some have assumed they would be added later. But this may in fact mean that these lots really are filled with LRs. Here are the VINs I captured:
  • 5YJSA1E52MF429342 (from a few weeks ago)
  • 5YSJA1E5XMF430481 (from the most recent flyover posted in the past 12 hours by Gabe)

That looks promising!

With EV discount (0.25%), you'd be sitting at 1.24% for 65 months. Appears the only major caveat to get an additional 0.50% discount is you need to set up some sort of direct deposit with them, or else it'd be 1.74%. Fortunately at my work, I can split my checks into multiple accounts, but that may be an issue for some. Their savings account is pretty nice with 6.17% APY for the first $1000. You also need to make a $10 donation to a organization to be eligible as well.

• Love
Reactions: PWRUP and T-Racer
With EV discount (0.25%), you'd be sitting at 1.24% for 65 months. Appears the only major caveat to get an additional 0.50% discount is you need to set up some sort of direct deposit with them, or else it'd be 1.74%. Fortunately at my work, I can split my checks into multiple accounts, but that may be an issue for some. Their savings account is pretty nice with 6.17% APY for the first $1000. You also need to make a $10 donation to a organization to be eligible as well.
I love it! And they'll loan you up to 125% of the price of the car! They'll pay you 6% on your money and loan it back at 1.24%! This is starting to feel like 2007!

We have a new tax coming in Canada in Jan/22 that would increase the cost of the X by approx $5400, and the S by $3400.

Feeling silly thinking I could time my X order for Dec, hoping that the S would ramp up and X delivery date estimates would drop.
Now I'm wondering if I should order an S which seems like it would come by Dec.
I'm in the same situation, even worse since I will be ordering the Plaid variant. Waiting until the reveal to make my decision.

I just called the Tesla rep that contacted me a week+ ago about changing my order to a Plaid from a +. I changed to a Plaid with Tempest wheels, but did it online in my account.

But what was interesting is that when I inquired about the range, he repeatedly said there were already Plaid's delivered in the Bay Area. He mentioned this specifically and repeatedly, for what it's worth. I have my doubts, but he seemed very confident in what he was saying.

And that I'll see a Plaid by end of June or early July. And that the + tweet on Sunday caught him and his team completely off guard.
I don't understand...What does the range of the Plaid have to do with there already having been deliveries??

Well I originally ordered my MS LR on 2/07 and my account finally updated today to June 22-28th delivery. Not holding my breath but fairly significant update.
You guys keep making me look and it keeps coming up blank 😠

1623185604504.gif