Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how they are deciding who to send the invites to. The only similarity I see is all Californians. To the people that just posted about the Plaid event invites - Did you just receive these late this evening?

I have a Plaid on order with a Fremont delivery center pickup and no love over here.
Yes. Just got it like 30 minutes ago.

I think they are sending invites to early reservation holders who live close to Fremont.

Congrats! driving up in the Old MS? Will be watching the live stream...and thinking about the plaid plus order I cancelled probably...
Thanks. No. Considered it for about 1 second. :)

Looking at flights now. For anyone curious, invite came in at 9:45PM. Confirmation at 10:23 after discussing trip up with the family and seeing who wanted/could go with me. We are in SoCal. I was a Plaid+ reservation holder (from 9/22-Battery Day) but cancelled this afternoon at 4:24 and put in a new order for Plaid that was confirmed at 4:31. Lots of stuff happening today!

Oh, and my configuration is currently estimated for August. MSM + 21" + White + CF + FSD.

Last edited:
Glad to see some of us early adopters with Plaid+ orders getting some love. Enjoy the event gents.
Thanks! Though I’m guessing the “love” from Tesla is more like, “thanks for attending, please convert your Plaid+ order to a Plaid so we can deliver ASAP and count this high-margin product towards our Q2 goal” :p

Just received an invite. MSLR order in Oct. maybe they’ll let me drive my car home.

Attachments

• 80BED612-397D-4B51-ABA3-E5BA71C76BA8.jpeg
    80BED612-397D-4B51-ABA3-E5BA71C76BA8.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 122
I don't think I am in a club or any better than any of you. Let's get that straight. But, I think I have seen a lack of communication a lot longer than some here. All I am voicing is it make no sense to change things before even delivering car one.
Hmm Part of me feels it’s better for them to change things PRIOR to delivering car one. If Tesla started deliveries and then changed the wheels a week later, some of the people who received the first batch of cars with the ugly wheels would be pretty annoyed knowing the second batch of cars will be delivered with the nicer wheels. Better to make the changes now beforehand. Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️