Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love how my only true friend here is @Hayseed_MS, who didn't encourage me to spend an extra $40K on a car.

BTW - have I told you guys how absolutely disappointed I am that we aren't going to make it to 2,000 pages before Omar gets his car?

Also @Hayseed_MS - Texas factory opens supposedly October/November with 4680 cells in Model Y (confirmed by Musk like 2 weeks ago). There's probably >~5K orders for Model S Plaid right now - I personally believe that they have the stash for it already.

Hey, I've got your back.

I hope I am wrong on the batteries but would be surprised this early.

As long as I get my LR as loaded as advertised and with longer range, I do not care if they power the Plaid with unicorn farts.

Hey, I've got your back.

I hope I am wrong on the batteries but would be surprised this early.

As long as I get my LR as loaded as advertised and with longer range, I do not care if they power the Plaid with unicorn farts.

Agreed - as long as we are getting the ~400 miles, the faster charging speed (this is been on the website forever - the Model S since late Jan has been advertised as the fastest charging tesla mile/minute) and the *sugar* on the interior/chipset/noise cancelling/air suspension/quality build, Im all good.

TBH - $130k is way out of my price range, still a young tyke and have other *sugar* I want to blow (invest) my money on, so even if they gave the Plaid 1,000 mile range - still wouldn't buy it.

I do HOPE, however, that they have the 4680s so theres a sign that program is going well and soon (1-2 years) we can all benefit from it.

I think the poster was being facetious.

But - it's no joke given most of the spotted cars are missing random *sugar* or are mismatched. They don't do that for fun. Why the **** would the make the brake calipers black? I mean if you read between the lines... They are able to deliver some cars not many... So yeah, anyway.
Same reason they made the wheels black after making the door handled and trim black. Elon got stoned listening to “Paint It Black” and he knew what he had to do.

Agreed - as long as we are getting the ~400 miles, the faster charging speed (this is been on the website forever - the Model S since late Jan has been advertised as the fastest charging tesla mile/minute) and the *sugar* on the interior/chipset/noise cancelling/air suspension/quality build, Im all good.

TBH - $130k is way out of my price range, still a young tyke and have other *sugar* I want to blow (invest) my money on, so even if they gave the Plaid 1,000 mile range - still wouldn't buy it.

I do HOPE, however, that they have the 4680s so theres a sign that program is going well and soon (1-2 years) we can all benefit from it.

You forgot to mention the tilting screen 🤣

I think if they switch to the 4680 it will be on all S trims. Having two skateboard layouts would just add whole nother level of complication in manufacturing that Elon dislikes.

It does lower overall cost in purchasing, logistics, and manufacturing complexity. That be what they were going to when axing the red.
RIP red calipers
Try telling buyers in this price range that the company was cutting costs on their car. I have a hard time believing this is permanent. Is there any performance saloon on the market that doesn't have unique brake calipers? I've spent serious money upgrading brake packages on my cars JUST for the visual satisfaction. Of all the speculation this is the hardest one to understand. I hope at the event we find that all these little things haven't been taken away.

Kids... there is no way even in Elon’s imagination that the 4680 batteries are in production. Elon said in January that they are at least several machine versions away from stable manufacturing. Then they have to increase the yield, test safety, and build and test the new structural battery pack. This will take at least a year if not more IMO. The range hasn’t changed yet, so the same S batteries will be in your pack. No word on Semi and CT production timeline, which may suggest delays in 4680 that they counted on for these high energy vehicles.

It does lower overall cost in purchasing, logistics, and manufacturing complexity. That be what they were going to when axing the red.
RIP red calipers
I found a solution on Amazon lol..

Attachments

• A00F8A83-EC19-4515-A184-BE31CFC20160.png
    A00F8A83-EC19-4515-A184-BE31CFC20160.png
    716.4 KB · Views: 63