Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never parked in a place where I simply could not back out safely. The only threat would be seeing things from the side until your back end is out, but your front end presents the same target.
Not really my point. Cars maneuver differently in reverse than they do going forward (driven wheels on the back and all), and maneuverability with a million kids, dogs, and parents who aren't paying attention running around in a parking lot means I want the best shot at zipping out of there without a lot of fuss and multi-point turns.

That said, I always back in. I might not if I were being hounded for a spot, but generally I prefer to deal with the painstaking process of backing in up front, so my exit is quick and easy. Also, generally when you're arriving, everyone arrives in their own time. When you're leaving, often everyone is leaving together.

Different strokes...

The presentation was interesting but we didn’t learn anything that we didn’t already know. They could have prepared the presentation better. It seemed a little sloppy..
The car is awesome though.. I want my car ASAP.
He also went through it too fast, can’t tell if he was winded from being nervous or because he was speed walking through the entire presentation.

The presentation was interesting but we didn’t learn anything that we didn’t already know. They could have prepared the presentation better. It seemed a little sloppy..
The car is awesome .. I want my car ASAP.
Quite the low-key and understated comment. But, yeah, I want my MS Plaid too, but the way they do things and explain NOTHING with all HYPE and little substance (at least new stuff) is INFURIATING!

Is it me or does elon seem to care less and less about the company?
The entire presentation felt like he was taking a break from something else to quickly give us a run down of what the site already shows us so that he can get back to more important matters.

Come on man, take at least an hour to interact and answer questions, go over the presentation and actually give a damn enough to add info we don’t already know.

This. 100%. Each presentation he does, he gives less and less of a **** because he thinks the fan boys will sell the cars for him. This was the most disappointing presentation I have ever seen.

First off, he looked like he was whacked out on a line of coke. The video presentation cut out a bit and was terrible. He didn't even bother to really explain any of the features.

Also, as a bonus, they lowered the ****ing range on the website and the charging speed (he said 180 in the presentation, website says 200). So this whole time the stats have been better on the website than what they are delivering.

I'm not so sure I'm going to drop $85k on this. It's not like he can be bothered. I'll wait for reviews from costumers but, this was embarrassing for the entire company. Bro these are six figure cars, at least rehearse it first. I know he sucks at presenting but this was the worst yet by far.

He didn't even sell the features in the car. Didn't talk about the steering system or castings or the new 12 volt battery that alleviates a major pain on the other Tesla cars.

Also, all the Twitter people are spreading horseshit. Throwing *sugar* at the walls for subscribers and clicks.

that flat power curve is a miracle, friend. there has just never been anything remotely like that. It is like "alien" technology. This aspect alone is a really, really, really big ordeal.

I mean ICE cars were happy when they could achieve flat torque curves with superchargers and turbos. BUT this is a flat POWER curve! I honestly never thought this was possible.
1623386337213.png

This. 100%. Each presentation he does, he gives less and less of a **** because he thinks the fan boys will sell the cars for him. This was the most disappointing presentation I have ever seen.

First off, he looked like he was whacked out on a line of coke. The video presentation cut out a bit and was terrible. He didn't even bother to really explain any of the features.

Also, as a bonus, they lowered the ****ing range on the website and the charging speed (he said 180 in the presentation, website says 200). So this whole time the stats have been better on the website than what they are delivering.

I'm not so sure I'm going to drop $85k on this. It's not like he can be bothered. I'll wait for reviews from costumers but, this was embarrassing for the entire company. Bro these are six figure cars, at least rehearse it first. I know he sucks at presenting but this was the worst yet by far.

He didn't even sell the features in the car. Didn't talk about the steering system or castings or the new 12 volt battery that alleviates a major pain on the other Tesla cars.

Also, all the Twitter people are spreading horseshit. Throwing *sugar* at the walls for subscribers and clicks.
I’m disappointed at the lack of clarification about the vehicle choosing which direction you want to go.
He said it’ll learn over time but what about NOW? I mean come on just explain how it’ll work so that people aren’t guessing.
again he just rushed through it like he’s late for a dinner date. Couldn’t care less that people are spending nearly 150k on his cars.. of course 150k to him might not mean much.

Order placed 235.5 days ago. What I know
I will have reapply for credit again.
Submit trade in again.
Elon has no idea what “in production means”
If production is real this time it will be a few 100 per week
Car has black brake calipers.
A “re designed battery pack” no explanation though. The same information I’ve had for months except what can be learned in a 4:46 minute video.
In the end all this waiting resulted in a 4:46 minute video and black brakes.

Reactions: HumanInput
You negative people are tripping. Every three years I would get the new BMW model, and after 5 min in it, it was almost the exact same car as the one I just turned in. This car has so many new features to the current Model S, from speed and performance, to technology, to interior design. I think people are being a little ridiculous. The car was amazing when advertised, which why we all ordered them, the car looked amazing tonight, I love my current Model S and this one is certainly a big improvement from that!! I am super excited.
Good for you. I don’t think it’s much of an upgrade from 2020 LR+ . 2021 M3 has a lot more upgrades compared to when it was launched, > 10% range upgrade, heat pump, new headlights, auto trunk, double pane glass windows etc.
only thing I’m interested in are door pockets, range numbers on S are always overstated. I have an M3 also, that car shows more realistic range that S always.
I’m sure you’re gonna love the car, but, this reveal event just saved me from making a 60-70K mistake. I have FUSC and free premium connectivity as I bought an inventory car, so maybe an year or two down the line I may think of “upgrading “ if my my SA can find me a deal.
Good luck to y’all, hope you guys get your cars soon.
Anybody picking up your car in Alpharetta or Avalon, free beer is on me, DM me.