Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gabe’s new flyover is live.
Does the display actually measure the 0-60 time after a launch? Would be great to get some real world data on the battery temp requirements between pulls. Could also explain why Drag Times only saw 2.74 0-60 when they measured. Good info!!!
Boy are we getting spoiled, “why only 0-60 in less time than a 2020 Corvette”. It looked like these cars usually had 4 people in them, unknown battery charge and has it done 2 runs or 40?

Called over to dealer in Devon, PA. Spoke to someone there for a little while. They sounded confident being that my profile is 100% complete (with insurance policy form my old car uploaded and all) and not changing my order that a vin should be assigned shortly. But, he said it could be over the next week or two, which then puts delivery out until July/August. They mentioned a June delivery date is possible, but given they only delivered 25 at event and only producing about 100 cars a week for now, not sure about deliveries here on east coast for those that did not place order in beginning of year, more than likely looking at August then. He said do not change the order. Price at time of deposit will hold, unless you change the configuration. Old floor mats should fit in the new MS, or they would of changed the mats on the website by now. Had nothing to say about CF trim or anything holding up order since i placed mine before that was published on the website. I asked about all of the cars sitting in Freemont on the temp lot, he didn't have anything to say. He also said that typically the delivery schedule on east coast is the last month of the quarter, which would be September. But since they want to roll out the MS and catch up with any backlogs they will continue to roll them out as fast as they can for delivery. So if you are not in June, then July/August most likely.

I would suggest that if anyone has questions or wants an update to just call the local dealership you are picking up from. I had to wait on hold for about 10 minutes, but then got someone that was happy to try and answer some questions........best they can i guess. The person i spoke to said they still don't have "that many answers" just yet since the event was just last night. As we get into the latter end of June and deliveries pick up they should know more. He said as soon as i get a VIN then they can pretty much tell me exactly when the car will be delivered.

Hey, were you able to upload your current insurance and Tesla was okay with it? I haven't uploaded any since it said 'Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy' and I obviously don't have my VIN yet.

Elon Musk last night mentioned "The safest car in the world to carry 6 passengers" Does this include the driver or not?
Perhaps they intend to put someone in the frunk and one in the trunk...
No they don't want someone in the frunk, but have provided a way for one to get out. The logistics of someone small enough to fit in the frunk but also physically capable enough to operate an emergency release button confuse me. It's probably just big enough to hold a kid goofing around.

I wonder how likely a shifting toolbox is to press the button and open the hood while driving? At least they've warned about that too.

Frunk.jpg

Hey, were you able to upload your current insurance and Tesla was okay with it? I haven't uploaded any since it said 'Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy' and I obviously don't have my VIN yet.
When I spoke to the dealer, they said just take a picture of your current insurance policy for your current car and upload. It’s just a placeholder for now to compete the profile, but certainly don’t want to leave it blank because then your profile isn’t complete. Once you get a vin then you can update with new policy.