Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about the US, but in Germany one of the big numbers in the performance scene is the 100km/h to 200km/h time. (The only time we can comfortably measure on the autobahn. :D)

That would be about 62 mph to 124mph. Has anyone measured that yet? @omarsultan, do you have the patience (and a safe space) to measure that? That would be really interesting.

Thank you!
Jay Leno’s time slip. He reached 121.62 in 6 sec. figure 62-124= 3.5(8)

Attachments

• BA1ED567-02BB-4BB2-8FCB-1B7E765B9C80.png
    BA1ED567-02BB-4BB2-8FCB-1B7E765B9C80.png
    1 MB · Views: 65
I have the same fear. What is going to stop my 2 year old from picking up my phone, getting in the car, playing with the seat belt and bucking it, stepping on the brakes, the car shifting into gear, and then the car moving?

I can think of a few things that will help. Door has to be closed, hopefully a certain amount of weight in the seat is required. I will be turning on pin to drive but the kids are smart and can probably figure that out.
Unless you have freakishly tall kids, reaching the pedals might be a stretch :)

What was the date he gave you for test drives? I asked this week and was told they were shooting for August. Will be interesting to see at what point they prioritize cars for test drives over delivery.
South Texas, he was shooting for two to three weeks. I feel pretty confident in that due to his new role - he is responsible for assisting sales and deliveries in Central US region outside of showrooms.

Its better than the 7-series. Car and Driver measured the 750i at 66dB at 70mph. Even 1dB is significant as its a logarithmic scale.
I am not sure the Apple Watch is the best tool, it's just what I have handy. I think the frequency profile also matters in terms of how objectionable the noise is. I used to have a spectrum analyzer app on my phone--let me dig it up and do some more runs when I can.

Perhaps too soon to ask BUT does it handle as well (or close to) the Taycan?
Watch the Laguna Seca lap 130.3. Most people aren’t familiar with hot laps and how impressive that is. It’s 2-3 seconds faster than a 2020 911 GT3RS, a 2021 911 Turbo S, a Lamborghini Evo, etc. It’s beyond impressive for a sedan. It should give the Taycan a legit smackdown.
Not to mention the Plaid has been improved since the 130.3 lap.