Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the question is, how much of the lap speed is making up for bad cornering on the straightaways/acceleration
Going around turn 1 (130.3 lap,) the plaid was driving at 47mph. I haven’t seen another production car handle that 1st turn faster.
Edit: Apparently torque vectoring makes all the difference. Super impressive

Last edited:
The Website states now "white interior and CF wont be available till Aug"
I find it difficult to believe that even Tesla with all their terrible planning, couldn't secure enough CF trim back in Feb-April to produce all the MS Plaids ordered back in Jan & Feb to deliver them in June & July. That's just crazy that people like me who ordered on 2/5/21 would have to wait until Aug, the same month as people who ordered their MS Plaids in May & June...to take delivery in Aug. Geez...if true, what an epic failure for Tesla in terms of planning & procurement from many months ago! 🤬 👎

Last edited:
So what happens in this process? It says on the website that you pay for the car, and then go pick it up. Confirming that is not 100% neccesary and you can go to the delivery center, inspect your vehicle fully, and then wire them the money on the spot. First Tesla here... thanks.
I believe they've always said that, but for our 12 Teslas, we've always inspected the car and then paid. Of course things could've changed since last June. Hopefully we'll be able to follow the same steps with our next delivery. Others who have taken delivery more recently can chime in to indicate if they had to pay before actually seeing the car.

I find it difficult to believe that even Tesla with all their terrible planning, couldn't secure enough CF trim back in Feb-April to produce all the MS Plaids ordered back in Jan & Feb to deliver them in June & July. That's just crazy that people like me who ordered on 2/5/21 would have to wait until Aug, the same month that people who ordered their MS Plaids in May & June...to take delivery in Aug. Geez...if true, what an epic failure for Tesla in terms of planning & procurement from many months ago! 🤬 👎
Just for conversation, if Tesla did order plenty of CF back in Feb-April but the supplier can't deliver for whatever reason(Worldwide CF shortage) does that equate to terrible planning and an epic failure on Tesla's part?

I believe they've always said that, but for our 12 Teslas, we've always inspected the car and then paid. Of course things could've changed since last June. Hopefully we'll be able to follow the same steps with our next delivery. Others who have taken delivery more recently can chime in to indicate if they had to pay before actually seeing the car.
Are you Erik or David from the DaErik YouTube channel?

Just for conversation, if Tesla did order plenty of CF back in Feb-April but the supplier can't deliver for whatever reason(Worldwide CF shortage) does that equate to terrible planning and an epic failure on Tesla's part?
Yeah, but that's giving Tesla benefit of the doubt which should almost be a crime at this point considering their history. So when it comes to issues like these it's definitely a no brainer to blame Tesla for this. I mean giving out June delivery timeline to all new orders with certain interior colors/trims on their website is insane and displays poor planning on their behalf.

I haven't been able to modify my order for a week or more. The Tesla site doesn't have a link for it. Is that a bad sign or a good sign? Maybe my car is in pre-production and no changes are allowed now. I still have a generic July date and no VIN. I also can't find a way to add a trade-in. There was a link a week or so ago, but now there isn't.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Spoke to someone at the Devon Pa location. They acted like they had no info/update, but i wasn't really buying it. I asked about delivered with CF interiors. I said it seems like CF is an issue with deliveries as tesla doesn't have the inventory for it. He mentioned he was unaware of this. I said how is it that people who order a car this month with wood trim are getting VINs..? He said he was not aware of people who ordered wood or just recently getting deliveries over those who ordered earlier this year or pre-refreshes. He said he knows of few east coast deliveries for those that ordered earlier this year or pre-refresh, mainly in the New York area. But other than that not sure of anyone taking delivery at the Devon location and simply because it was wood trim vs CF. So not sure if he just didn't know anything or sandbagging me.......very frustrating. I know these people don't know anything, at least not more than we do. But i know of someone that is taking delivery of a plaid with wood trim before end of June that ordered after me. So i would rather tesla just say, CF is in short supply. Wood we are able to fulfill. You car should be ready by ........?..........whatever, doesn't matter to me. The whole thing of delivery being blank, wood trim getting prioritized, etc is ridiculous. But regardless, just some clarity would be nice.

He did say on the east coast you could get a vin about 5-6 days from delivery......which i don't believe. But he said if you don't get a vin and June delivery, your most likely end of august early September delivery.

Again, i just wasted 10 minutes on the phone, and 2-3 minutes typing this, i know. Just sharing info whether helpful or not.

Considering there are other MS Plaids w/ CF deing delivered in June (and many have est delivery dates of July now), then I would say YES. My account remains at blank with no est delivery date or month so there's still hope that I take delivery in July. But certainly if I don't get a VIN by mid-July (about 4 weeks from now), then the likelihood of an Aug delivery is almost certain.

Reactions: HumanInput
Questions....

@Cherry Wine
This is what I measured with my Apple Watch, by my home and on the freeway (decent condition):
  • Surface street, 25 mph: 53 dB
  • Freeway, 70 mph: 65 dB
  • Freeway: 80 mph: 69 dB
Will compare with the X tomorrow

@Gluber
No, warnings in the side mirrors when you merge, only in the IC visualization

@cwanja
I need a bit more explanation, I do not have a 3/Y and my son is 6'4", so beyond the car seat stage :)

@Str8down
No hotspot

@miketc
Page 209 in the manual, unless you mean something else

@Aleks0404
Page 208 in the manual, unless you mean something else

@Philekins
With the seat all the way up and the suspension all the way up, seat high is ~25in. There is still and Easy Entry profile and geotagging of suspension settings

Thanks for all that you do Omar. I see what was in the manual 50.7 but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo as the previous Model S was nearly 4 inches wider for the hiproom. I wanted to understand why the large difference.

Received another delivery update. Oddly, the date keeps getting moved to an earlier delivery. I have talked to my SA at least weekly for the last 6 months. She has always been upfront and said there is no information. She called when I received the previous delivery window and she said from what she can see my actual delivery date is 6/26. I received the delivery window update below and 26th still stands. I would update the tracking but can’t use work computer and forget when I get home.

Spoke to someone at the Devon Pa location. They acted like they had no info/update, but i wasn't really buying it. I asked about delivered with CF interiors. I said it seems like CF is an issue with deliveries as tesla doesn't have the inventory for it. He mentioned he was unaware of this. I said how is it that people who order a car this month with wood trim are getting VINs..? He said he was not aware of people who ordered wood or just recently getting deliveries over those who ordered earlier this year or pre-refreshes. He said he knows of few east coast deliveries for those that ordered earlier this year or pre-refresh, mainly in the New York area. But other than that not sure of anyone taking delivery at the Devon location and simply because it was wood trim vs CF. So not sure if he just didn't know anything or sandbagging me.......very frustrating. I know these people don't know anything, at least not more than we do. But i know of someone that is taking delivery of a plaid with wood trim before end of June that ordered after me. So i would rather tesla just say, CF is in short supply. Wood we are able to fulfill. You car should be ready by ........?..........whatever, doesn't matter to me. The whole thing of delivery being blank, wood trim getting prioritized, etc is ridiculous. But regardless, just some clarity would be nice.

He did say on the east coast you could get a vin about 5-6 days from delivery......which i don't believe. But he said if you don't get a vin and June delivery, your most likely end of august early September delivery.

Again, i just wasted 10 minutes on the phone, and 2-3 minutes typing this, i know. Just sharing info whether helpful or not.
I understand the frustration, however, Tesla's website has been showing Wood/Blk/Cream interior deliveries available in June and White/CF in August for at least a week now which is indicative of lack of white/cf material. I don't know if Tesla coming out and releasing a statement about it makes it all any better. It is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Yeah, I feel your frustration. As nice as my SA is (although I've only talked with him 1-2x), I just simply email his Mgr & the RM because I just feel the lowest on the totem poles, the SA's know absolutely nothing. They certainly are not paid on commission so they don't care a whole lot nor does Tesla Corp provide the SAs with any good information or updates. They're useless, imho.

Last edited: