Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize that this will probably go away again soon, but my order went from blank for the last couple weeks to Jun 26-30, picking up at the Savannah, GA location.
That's a very promising estimate to receive on the 18th of June. Mine is now June 30 - July 14 but hopeful it tightens up a bit to 'June 30 - July 1' :) .

Hi. I’m getting estimates now. Found a couple empty (last ones) circuits so no added board. How far did they have to run the wiring? Copper is super expensive so distance is a big part of the costs. Mine has to go from garage to circuit breaker which of course on the opposite basement wall. wonder how these estimates will come in from local electricians…
We had the same problem (a full board) but as we have a gas dryer and don't use the electric dryer line , we pulled that breaker and used the location to power the Tesla connector.

Volume #3 of Omar's Yoke Adventures is here:

Thank you for volume 3. This video has relieved a lot of the apprehension I have had about the yoke. Your control over the vehicle has increased dramatically, and this drive looked like a night and day difference from your yoke volume 1 adventure. I think most of us will be able to adapt!

Make sure the people over at Jalopnik update that story of theirs with this new Yoke adventure. Unfortunately, I’m sure they have no interest in reducing the negative chatter.

Last edited:
Its 108F outside, a couple of observations:
  • AC works great (yay new heat pump)
  • Shielding through the glass roof is excellent, felt no heat at all
  • Side window need tint (something I was planning on doing)
For sure, but make sure you get a good ceramic tint which will make a huge difference when it's hot outside. 35% will look great on MSM.

When I get my car + dragy, I will find a surface where I will hit <2 0-60 and send that data to motor trend. If they can hit 2.07 seconds 0-60 on an unprepped surface then statistically it is very possible to get below 2. Look how close @omarsultan is getting with only a few trials! He already hit 2.1.
Great idea, I'll do the same!! I think they spray VHT on the roads here in East Tennessee 😁 Here's what my old 2020 Model S Performance did on the first try. The data is from a VBOX Sport, which I plan to use on the Plaid too.

IMG_3337.jpeg

Same as others…narrow date of Jun 25-30 for Plaid this morning from blank, but no VIN. Others have reported VIN in a few hours after date assignments so let’s see where this leads. Then again, even more folks have also just gone back to blank as well.
Put me down for those gone back to blank even after the date assignment and a text from my local Tesla shop saying to expect delivery by the end of this month. I guess there's still a chance? I know some people have gotten a VIN without even having a date (I think) so there's hope. I will probably run out of signature space before the Tesla comes in haha.

Did
For those of you posting only modest increases to your insurance premiums, do you have your collision deductible set fairly high? My Allstate agent quoted me a fairly significant increase which I was planning to mitigate somewhat by maxing out the deductible. I think Tesla allows $2,500.00? My driving record is clean and I've had the same insurance policy for over 25 years so...
I was with Allstate for 22 years, and switched away when I committed to getting a Tesla. Allstate’s rates are positively ridiculous specifically on Teslas, and my agent said as much before he quoted me. He even tried to discourage me and tell me to get a “nice Audi or Lexus instead.”

I got another insurance company instead.

Volume #3 of Omar's Yoke Adventures is here:

Results from the judges...

Yoke skills 8.7
Transitions 9.2
Performance 9.1
Composition 9.5
Bonus points because we like you so much you are truly a fantastic guy for doing what you have doing for everyone 10.0

Overall Score 9.3
To increase your score, we all would like to see you do this in Plaid mode and repeat the same steps and try to get it done in <2 minutes.

Did

I was with Allstate for 22 years, and switched away when I committed to getting a Tesla. Allstate’s rates are positively ridiculous specifically on Teslas, and my agent said as much before he quoted me. He even tried to discourage me and tell me to get a “nice Audi or Lexus instead.”

Thanks for the heads up...looks like I'll be shopping for a new policy.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Did

Curious, who did you go with?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid