Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You, can but the view is different. When you are in reverse, the rearview cam takes over the entire screen--this is really pretty awesome and give a better FoV than looking out the rear hatch. If you are in drive , you can still keep the camera up, but is windowed and nav, etc are still visible.
View attachment 675168View attachment 675169
Just out of curiosty (never owned a Tesla). When you signal left or right can you set the corresponding left or right camera to also automatically display? Kind of like a blind spot monitor?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
VIN!

Woke up this morning to having a VIN on my account with June 29-30 for estimated delivery. So far no email or other documentation on the account other than the VIN and date, but it's progress! Hopefully the date holds.

Tesla Model S Plaid VIN.jpg

Just out of curiosty (never owned a Tesla). When you signal left or right can you set the corresponding left or right camera to also automatically display? Kind of like a blind spot monitor?
No - with all other Tesla’s the left and right cam are only visible in reverse or by pressing the camera button that will then display the picture Omar posted with all 3 views. (rear view, left, and right). It’s interesting that the reverse view defaults to rear only without the side cameras. That is different than all other current Tesla’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You, can but the view is different. When you are in reverse, the rearview cam takes over the entire screen--this is really pretty awesome and give a better FoV than looking out the rear hatch. If you are in drive , you can still keep the camera up, but is windowed and nav, etc are still visible.
View attachment 675168View attachment 675169

This is probably the biggest thing for me and it sounds like Tesla made the camera view even better. Really happy with that and thanks, as always, for the informative response with pictures illustrating the differences.

The S really needs the Backup view on all the time for me and a larger reverse view is very welcome.

No - with all other Tesla’s the left and right cam are only visible in reverse or by pressing the camera button that will then display the picture Omar posted with all 3 views. (rear view, left, and right). It’s interesting that the reverse view defaults to rear only without the side cameras. That is different than all other current Tesla’s.
I think it’s simply a setting. The black box in the upper left hand corner should enable it and thus remember your settings.

I don't understand what's going on other than someone's suggestion that white is on some kind of backorder. We're seeing all these VIN"s being assigned for orders well after others. But the theme of black interior does seem to be true so far as the only kind they are delivering right now so far. With my luck I'll get a vin and delivery date while I'm on vacation.

1142xxxx Late Nov 2020, blue/white FSD ....still have nothing on delivery in my order page- blank after a brief June1-30 stint maybe 1 month ago. Otherwise been blank a long, long time.

Last edited:
I’m taking delivery tomorrow of a plaid. I’m going to install a radar detector but I heard there is metal in the windshield that suppresses the radar signal. I was wondering if this is still a problem in the new modelS. If so I will have to do a custom installation in the front bumpy. Any suggestions?
It is coated but their is a cutout in the bottom right corner for EZ-Passes and the like--not sure about radar, as its been a while since I have had one.

So I got the call on Thursday to switch order from CF to wood. The person said it would push my delivery up to hopefully before EoQ or at least within the next few weeks. This morning I had blank delivery. Now it’s saying August…..WTF..!!! I hope this is an error, or I would t of switched to the wood…

anyone else see this as well?

Was the SA able to tell you where the car is? For example, if it’s still on a train, or if it has now been loaded onto a transport truck? As
Train. The train is due to arrive the 24th. She said ifthere are plenty of car carriers then 25th to delivery center and 26th delivery day. She is at a different location as that is where I test drove an S. The transportation route to both that gallery and my delivery center are the same as far as timing in her experience.

I don't understand what's going on other than someone's suggestion that white is on some kind of backorder. We're seeing all these VIN"s being assigned for orders well after others. But the theme of black interior does seem to be true so far as the only kind they are delivering right now so far. With my luck I'll get a vin and delivery date while I'm on vacation
A friend of my dog’s cousin told me they overheard this conversation in Fremont, which I think explains everything:

Elon: “EoQ push!!! How we doing with the [production] line?”
Jake (not from State Farm): “Paint is taking a while boss, multi coat ya know, we do it multiple times on these ones and we do it once on the others.”
Elon: “Make the calipers black! Does that fix it?”
Jake: “Uhh…no, what? The whole car, we can’t multi coat paint it.”
Elon: “No one buys Red and White anyway, people are INSIDE the vehicle Jake, can they even see what color it is?”
Jake: “We have the UI screen show a mock-up inside the vehicle, I think”
Elon: “We’ll get rid of that, no one uses it based on data, one week max, but definitely within two weeks plaid speed.”
Jake: “Yes…of course, so no whites and reds, okay? And, I saw the website still shows June but we’re running three shifts and already behind, so…”
Elon: “EoQ push!!! The limbic resonance…mmmm…”

Last edited: