Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HRE wheels are designed right here in San Diego. Great company and even better wheels. What do you mean the FlowForm wheels don’t fit the car? Do you mean you don’t think they look right aesthetically? HRE has versions that are compatible with the MS
I was using Car ID and it said it would not fit and then gave me other options. I was thinking it would fit because I did see pictures for MS with the FF

He wasn't wrong. You CANNOT accelerate faster than the theoretical limit of braking, Friction is friction. He should not have apologized, He should have realized the difference in break and acceleration technology put into this car. I bet the Plaid could stop much faster if they put the effort into braking technology that they put into acceleration.

Also, isn't the rear tire wider than the front tire? You get more of your acceleration from the back tires, and more of your breaking from the front tires. I bet if you swapped those tire sizes from front to back, you would see a difference in both times.
He was actually wrong and he even admitted it in his latest engineering explained video 😳

Is anyone buying aftermarket wheels? I really want to get HRE FlowForm wheels but it doesn't seem to fit the car.
Yes when TSPORTLINE comes out with a 20” in 9.5” and 10.5”.

HRE has a whole bunch of 19” 20” or 21” and 9.5” front and 10.5” rear.
These are among the the most common sizes for performance cars.
HRE should have the right size.

I was using Car ID and it said it would not fit and then gave me other options. I was thinking it would fit because I did see pictures for MS with the FF
Interesting. If you go directly to the HRE website and put Tesla Model S they say the following wheels are compatible. Just make sure they are wide enough to accept 295 in the rear. You will need a wheel that is 11” or 11.5” wide in the rear.
7EE0BE5B-DA6A-4C8E-AC74-1C57CEFD4985.jpeg

Last edited:
Do we have any pics of the dark wood in a black interior Plaid? The Tesla website is all CG crap.
Asked for that a bunch of times here but I don’t think anyone has any pics other than the computer generated stuff from the Tesla site.

I’m not a fan of wood interior, at all. If the ebony wood looks half way decent, I would consider switching from CF. The lighter wood with the white interiors is just straight up hideous though.

Reactions: gpnyc
Interesting. If you go directly to the HRE website and put Tesla Model S they say the following wheels are compatible. Just make sure they are wide enough to accept 295 in the rear. You will need a wheel that is 11” or 11.5” wide in the rear.
View attachment 675284
$575 each sounds like a great deal for HREs. They’re usually very exp, but they’re great wheels.

Reactions: Beyondludi