Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 things…

I wouldn’t be surprised if RT misunderstood and just assumed the Arachnids will do 200.

Although same bolt pattern, refreshed wheel sizes are wider and potentially different offset that previously. Contact wheel suppliers before ordering anything. They will likely want to confirm best fitment. You can just order identical to new 21 x 9.5 45 offset and 21 x 10.5 40 offset but we know the Zero G are 10” and 11” wide but don’t know the offset.

Today, for the first time since I joined these forums and ordered my car in Dec/Jan, 'refresh fatigue' set in - both for checking in on this thread, as well as my order. After losing my Jun 25-30 date, I'm near the end of my patience with Tesla's communication. I have been pretty understanding/patient so far and have been enjoying the journey with y'all. It's just wrong to give such a specific nearby date and then just remove it without explanation. It's not hard to withhold a delivery estimate (as they've been pretty cavalier about) until they know for certain when they can deliver these cars - especially relevant now when the production ramp makes it even more ambiguous.

Hmm I’m really liking the white with the 21” wheels 🤔.. decisions decisions
Yeah and I'm totally going to have the only chrome items redone in a matte black or matte cf wrap...the front T emblem on the front bumper and the rear PLAID badge; strange that they kept those chrome while everything else is either shiny or matte black or cf.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Drew-MS
IDK man no one knows. I've asked tons of different Tesla people and all told me it didn't change my place in line. We also know none of them have any idea either lol.

I have attached electrodes to my keyboard. If I start typing "the SA told me... or the SA stated..." it will send a short but painful shock to me. Maybe this will get me from believing *sugar* from them.

Today, for the first time since I joined these forums and ordered my car in Dec/Jan, 'refresh fatigue' set in - both for checking in on this thread, as well as my order. After losing my Jun 25-30 date, I'm near the end of my patience with Tesla's communication. I have been pretty understanding/patient so far and have been enjoying the journey with y'all. It's just wrong to give such a specific nearby date and then just remove it without explanation. It's not hard to withhold a delivery estimate (as they've been pretty cavalier about) until they know for certain when they can deliver these cars - especially relevant now when the production ramp makes it even more ambiguous.
There have been several members recently who have received VINs out of nowhere after being blank.. The car is too nice to walk away and the wait is almost over...
You’ve made it this far. Hang in there.,

I felt the same way. I mentally gave Tesla a deadline and cancelled my order.

Now, the car is 12k more and I have to get back in line.

Having seen one today in person, I'd say don't cancel.

There have been several members recently who have received VINs out of nowhere after being blank.. The car is too nice to walk away and the wait is almost over...
You’ve made it this far. Hang in there.,
Yeah, I'm hanging in there for the car no matter what. It's the refreshing and checking constantly that's getting to me. I should perhaps take myself offline for a few days haha. Saying this in the nicest possible way - I can't wait for the lot of you (and me) to be off these forums just driving our cars instead of posting here. :) As has been mentioned, it's going to be awesome *when* it gets here. The frustrating things in the middle are frustrating because it's so gosh darn simple for Tesla to address and they don't even try.

Lots of comments on the wheels and calipers today. They look better in daylight. Calipers are a gloss black

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_094308283_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210619_094308283_HDR.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 96
He was actually wrong and he even admitted it in his latest engineering explained video 😳
He said he was wrong based on the MT results. I am saying he should not have said he is wrong, because he isn't.

The only way he can be proven wrong is if the theoretical limit of braking (friction limit) is reached and the same limit for acceleration (friction limit) is reached, AND THEN acceleration exceeds braking. That won't happen. Braking has mechanical and technological limits, just like acceleration. Tesla clearly designed a car that approaches the friction limit of acceleration better than it does for braking.

All MT proved is that Tesla made a car that has better acceleration than braking.

And again, the rear tires are wider, so you will get better acceleration than braking. In his first video he even acknowledged such variances. I'm surprised he didn't put more thought into his response.