Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually enjoy Engineering Explain's videos, but this time, I thought his thumbnail was total BS, and he was seemingly pointing a finger at Tesla for doing what literally ALL other carmakers do. For example, the new Dodge Super Stock is supposed to run a 3.25 second 0-60, and a 1/4 mile in 10.5 seconds. Is it able to accomplish those stats on unprepped asphalt? NO. You'd be lucky to get a 0-60 in the mid 4s, and a mid 12-13 second 1/4 mile. So saying Tesla failed when the Plaid BEAT Tesla's estimates is total crap. Even the lower trap speed is most likely due to the 163mph speed limiter starting to kick in.
(Rant over lol)
100% agree on this. I think he painted himself into a corner and is trying to get out--he should just own it. Useful measurement is about both accuracy and consistency. If the industry standard practice is 1-ft rollout, then as long as it is disclosed and everyone uses the same thing, who cares? Bitching about it and holding one company to a different standard is disingenuous at best.

100% agree on this. I think he painted himself into a corner and is trying to get out--he should just own it. Useful measurement is about both accuracy and consistency. If the industry standard practice is 1-ft rollout, then as long as it is disclosed and everyone uses the same thing, who cares? Bitching about it and holding one company to a different standard is disingenuous at best.

Not to be a dick here or anything - but I believe even with the 1ft rollout, the Plaid hasn't been measured to hit 1.99 without the dragstrip glue. So I completely agree - if the 1ft rollout is and has been the standard and the plaid hit it in 1.99s no issues there...but I believe motortrend hit it at 2.07s on their usual surface no? its still the fastest car theyve ever tested, but i agree with EE that perhaps claiming 1.99s unnecessarily and needing a bunch of special treatment to get there is a bit misleading at best and not necessary.

So, just complete my first big charge -- the highlights: 24% - 90%, 33 min, 110F ambient, 63 kWh added. Here is the first cut at the data--video coming soon.

Charging.png