Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
December 9. They made me reorder after the refresh was announced (and raised the price) - I think Feb 2.
There are a lot of questions to be answered about the differences between LR and Plaid, other than performance. It will be greatly appreciated if you have a presence here after you accept delivery to answer some of those questions.

Congrats on the car! Is this door trim actually misaligned or is it the camera angle? Seems like the door panels from the few model s we have seen are about half an inch or so high vs the body panel itself, but wondering if its just a camera trick on the eyes. Thanks!

View attachment 675407
A slight misalignment on both only on inside. I’ll ask Tesla to look into this. Thanks for noticing

BTW - here's all of the other Teslas Motortrend has tested and, as you can see, all of them except the Plaid could hit their numbers (without special glue or rocket boosters or removing the passenger seats):

These are the same arguments the fanboys give when independent tests (all of them) show that in real world use, Teslas don't hit their range numbers either (and of course, theres always a special circumstance).

Good comparison, they're all much slower than the plaid. Let's all complain about how much faster it is than a bugatti and senna. Million dollar+ cars that are much slower than 130k car, but at least they matched their slower times instead of being off 7 hundredths of a second in the one published test that's been out.

It’s the ability to say “under 2 seconds”.
And the 1.99 certainly got people talking about Tesla and the Plaid for almost a year. Automobile journalists, EV fans, and even ice car enthusiasts knew about the plaid’s crazy performance numbers well before the 10th of June. Mostly due to the ‘1.99’
Free advertising lol

@Dcher: Out of curiosity, when exactly did you pick up your Plaid at the Carlsbad Delivery Center? Based on your posts, I drove over there (4 miles) at 2:30pm to catch a glimpse, and stayed til 3:15. The Tesla staff knew nothing about any Plaid delivery (or at least would not say anything).

Vistan
I got there at 2:30 and waited inside until they brought my car to the side lot. I spent most of my time with the SA learning the basics. Sorry I missed you

Congrats. Excited for you. A little jaded at Tesla for the tease with taking my VIN away.
What is your config and order date?

Please compare the LR and Plaid - features not performance. Make sure all the little things are the same.

Glad to see they are clearing out some old dates now.
I still can't believe they did that to you!!! However, I still think the same VIN will show up in the next couple of days 🤞

I still can't believe they did that to you!!! However, I still think the same VIN will show up in the next couple of days 🤞

Thanks. I have been walking on the ledge of jumping ship and staying with Land Rover - always wanted the new Defender, These games are just making me weary. I will sleep on it and see what happens.

I know I will love the S but not sure I really need to keep going. Do not want to do anything knee-jerk. Who's to say that August will not become September, October,... I was originally given February.

Last edited:
60654E15-9E2C-4F72-907C-C48EFF2C893C.jpeg
The parcel shelf is much improved. Nicer quality material and it has magnets so when you put the rear part down it secures into place. A nice touch.