Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My honest guess is there’s plenty of red paint supply and nothing too complicated about making it.

It being the most expensive, it has the fewest orders, and they batched the colors by volume.

We’ve already seen MSM, Blue, Black, and White cars being shipped/delivered. Now, we should see the Red batch produced this week and delivered by EoQ for West Coast and early Q3 for East Coast.

View attachment 675731
I sure hope you're right because I don't like this down to the wire stuff! I'm still blank after I said I'd rather pick up then have them deliver it to my place. Now I'm wondering if that screwed me over…

I've been checking this forum occasionally, but have never posted. Only writing to let you all know that yesterday I got my VIN and my delivery is scheduled for Monday the 28th at Mt. Kisco NY. I ordered the LR about mid Jan. To be honest, at this point, I almost don't even want to car anymore. I'm pretty over it. Anyhow, just a heads up to those of you awaiting deliveries especially on the East Coast that the cars are indeed coming soon.

thanks for the info...mid march order LR..in Fairfield, Ct

i'm eagerly waiting lol

I’m in too but I made the call today that if I don’t have a new car by Jan 1st I’m going for a used Model S.
If I don't have a car by January 1st, I will not be a Tesla customer...ever. This is an emerging market and as soon as someone discovers the holy grail in battery technology, and companies like Sila Nanotechnologies, run by Tesla's employee #7, are getting close, Tesla is going to get left in the dust by other manufacturers who will also have cool, fast cars and who care about customer service. Tesla's lack thereof is creating bad blood for them. They are writing their own future demise.

Just walked out of my hotel near Detroit airport. Holding lot FULL of new F-150s. It’s so nuts.

Attachments

• 9A471C6C-19D1-48E0-AA23-D61FB12CA2BC.jpeg
    9A471C6C-19D1-48E0-AA23-D61FB12CA2BC.jpeg
    530.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DAEAA17B-2AA9-41B3-9FFC-48F5CD5DD5A8.jpeg
    DAEAA17B-2AA9-41B3-9FFC-48F5CD5DD5A8.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 5CCC4937-76BE-461B-94B7-B92C46CDEDB6.jpeg
    5CCC4937-76BE-461B-94B7-B92C46CDEDB6.jpeg
    605.5 KB · Views: 59
while I’m here… anyone have experience parking their S mainly outdoors? I have a 3 I’ve parked outdoors for 3 years now that looks perfectly fine; I assume the S will be fine as well… but always nice to hear others give a thumbs up. Anyone with experience coming from a 3 (or 3 series!) to an S who can talk driving dynamics, would greatly appreciate that too.

2017 Model S - 4+ years outside. Zero issues, zero creaks, and looks like new after any wash.

Not a 3 driver but a Y. Overall, you'll notice the S feels like a much larger car - especially in the parking lot. Hands down, the S's ride is far superior and it's a more comfortable drive overall. Much better for long distance driving too. Not as nimble as a 3 but given the refresh it might step a bit closer.

Umm thanks? I already knew this.

Fascinating, thanks for sharing. That should definitely cut down on noise, just kind of surprised they went for that.
The glass provider AGP has been making major advances with weight reduction, insulating and protective character. They are the world's leading supplier of automotive armoring glass. Also they have devoted major resources to meet Tesla-specific requirements. Much like IDRA they do not name Tesla but they describe it quite obviously. Many people just show they are a Peruvian company, true as far as it goes. The Mannheim family started making glass in Berlin in the early 1920's and decamped to Peru later, so AGP appears, on the surface, to have begun in 1950's.

One of my relatives owned a Vehicle armoring business, a major activity in most of the Southern Cone, especially Brazil. He used AGP exclusively, partly because their armor glass was thinner and lighter than were others at the time. I have no direct knowledge what AGP has done in the last decade, but it seems they've made major progress. Their site even talks of windshield resistance to chips and other damage

Question. I didnt have to deal with such a long wait for either one of my previous Model 3's, so this part is kind of new to me.

Now the question! Since my order for a Model S LR states "October" as the delivery date (which I understand and know will change 50 times), should I accept the trade in (if its all good terms in my eyes) and do a cash price for now? I ask as I plan on doing finance either with Teslas people or my own, but makes zero sense to run it now with a 4 month wait. Whats the census say here?

Pardon if this has been asked a million times. I searched. Nada showed in my case.

If I don't have a car by January 1st, I will not be a Tesla customer...ever. This is an emerging market and as soon as someone discovers the holy grail in battery technology, and companies like Sila Nanotechnologies, run by Tesla's employee #7, are getting close, Tesla is going to get left in the dust by other manufacturers who will also have cool, fast cars and who care about customer service. Tesla's lack thereof is creating bad blood for them. They are writing their own future demise.
They have not been doing great, but we can start talking when one of these start-up Tesla competitors actually starts shipping vehicles. They haven't even started dealing with all the production stuff Tesla has been sorting out for years.

IMO the real pressure on Tesla is going to be from traditional automakers going electric. Those guys have a lot more experience shipping cars.

Question. I didnt have to deal with such a long wait for either one of my previous Model 3's, so this part is kind of new to me.

Now the question! Since my order for a Model S LR states "October" as the delivery date (which I understand and know will change 50 times), should I accept the trade in (if its all good terms in my eyes) and do a cash price for now? I ask as I plan on doing finance either with Teslas people or my own, but makes zero sense to run it now with a 4 month wait. Whats the census say here?

Pardon if this has been asked a million times. I searched. Nada showed in my case.
Definitely wait on the financing. I applied at purchase and there’s no way at this point I won’t have to again. I can’t speak to trade ins but the others have got you covered.

I have an august delivery this morning after months of we will reach out to you. If it actually comes in August it will be fun to drive for a week before leave the country for 6 months. Will be looking at a new thread on how to store the EV for long term but I guess thats a good problem to have. Not hopeful it comes and with RN's much more down the line being given the same date it seems like a date just thrown out to calm the hounds. Anyone have a July date or is that too wild to think it will arrive before? RN11451. lr black cream/wood 19 fsd ordered and completed mid feb

They have not been doing great, but we can start talking when one of these start-up Tesla competitors actually starts shipping vehicles. They haven't even started dealing with all the production stuff Tesla has been sorting out for years.

IMO the real pressure on Tesla is going to be from traditional automakers going electric. Those guys have a lot more experience shipping cars.
VW Group, in my humble opinion, will be a mainstream auto maker that can make noise.

It has been discussed a number of times on this thread, but heck - at over 2000 pages finding the details are not simple. You're better off waiting on doing the financing until you're closer to delivery (or at least have a VIN). Everything is a moving target until then.

Definitely wait on the financing. I applied at purchase and there’s no way at this point I won’t have to again. I can’t speak to trade ins but the others have got you covered.

Agreed. Would make zero sense to apply now. That being said, would doing nothing stall the process? I guess thats my question. Ive heard others now say to do a cash transaction (they cited SA's saying to do the same) and then change it when the VIN hits. Makes sense.

Agreed. Would make zero sense to apply now. That being said, would doing nothing stall the process? I guess thats my question. Ive heard others now say to do a cash transaction (they cited SA's saying to do the same) and then change it when the VIN hits. Makes sense.
Yea I’ve heard the same thing but have not experienced any benefits. My profile/order is complete. Actually after uploading insurance, I went from September to blank. So mileage may vary. Don’t take my word.