Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the topic of wheels and tires, do we know anything about viability of doing 'launches' on Plaid with the 19" and anything besides a staggered setup? I see 19"s come staggered by default now. Wondering if having a square setup and narrower tires (say 265/40/20 All Seasons) and going plaid speed is just asking for trouble?
If your idea of trouble is bursting into flames then the answer is ‘no trouble’. Will it force the computer to limit power delivery to avoid wheel spin? Most certainly, how much will it add to the 0-60 time? Probably a few 10’s. Also reduce cornering limits as you would expect when reducing the contact patch. The question is how much added rear grip is the computer expecting with the staggered tires, it will compensate I am sure

Please forgive the obvious - but from what I'm seeing from the threads, spreadsheet, and multiple sites, is that so far there have been exactly 25 Model S deliveries -- all at the June 10 event, and none since. Am I correct? I've seen the changing and disappearing VINs or delivery dates mentioned, but nobody actually got theirs other than the first 25? Thanks!

Please forgive the obvious - but from what I'm seeing from the threads, spreadsheet, and multiple sites, is that so far there have been exactly 25 Model S deliveries -- all at the June 10 event, and none since. Am I correct? I've seen the changing and disappearing VINs or delivery dates mentioned, but nobody actually got theirs other than the first 25? Thanks!

There has been another member here that got a Plaid delivery over the weekend

Nope, not true. There have been others.

Wrong

Ordered my Black with white interior/CF with 19's Plaid on March 22nd. When I placed the order it said June for a estimated delivery, went blank for 4-5 weeks. Just checked my account and now it's back to June. Not sure if they are playing games with me or what, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Not knowing when I will have this beast is nerve racking but I do know when I do receive this beast it's going to be the best car I will ever drive.

Ordered my Black with white interior/CF with 19's Plaid on March 22nd. When I placed the order it said June for a estimated delivery, went blank for 4-5 weeks. Just checked my account and now it's back to June. Not sure if they are playing games with me or what, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Not knowing when I will have this beast is nerve racking but I do know when I do receive this beast it's going to be the best car I will ever drive.
I ordered a Blue Plaid with white interior and CF a couple of days ago. The delivery estimate says June. So they are definitely playing games .. Hunger Games!!!

eBay and Paypal fees will be murderous for anyone selling their car online lol I know eBay and Paypal charge separately too. I don't think that is a very viable option to sell your car especially if you're not a dealer.
Not true; depends on what you consider to be too high in fees. So, what's the worst that can happen...he list it as a Buy It Now for $49k instead of $48k? Gosh, no reason to be cheap on these things...just sell the damn car and get as much as you can, period. I actually sold my GT-R and Porsche Macan Turbo on eBay and did fairly well with both compared with what all the local dealers, CarMax, Vroom and the others offered.

Found a new model S, assume plaid based on wheels, but still wrapped at the Bellevue “staging lot” a few blocks from the service center. I started to pull up close to it to look, and someone started yelling at me :( lots not fenced, and unmarked, and my exact build, maybe it’s mine?!? If you go check it out, be respectful and don’t scratch my car. Switched to wood trim last week, and they expect delivery this month, but no vin or updated delivery date yet.

As much as I would like to see it, I would prefer to see a couple more deliveries to those who put in orders first - at least those who intend to actually drive them.

That said, I'll be curious about: his analysis of the carbon wrap around the motors, the overall battery design (ahem - which batteries used too) and whether single castings are part of the picture.

No, I'm not expecting too much, am I? 🤷‍♂️
As person who put an order in Dec for an LR...i cosign your statement