Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not agree more. 100%
My thoughts are over the next 10 years they’re Audi A and S Lines will go EV. We’ll see EV S and RSs that will be in that speed range. They’re also entirely capable of building out a charging network. I could be 1000% wrong but Germany is very progressive with green energy and VW is just massive.

VW can make all the cars they want, but they may as well be building paperweights without the batteries to put in them. There's a reason Tesla is developing its own battery supply while also gobbling up all the third party batteries they can get their hands on.

The only big marks against VW group right now is that their platform doesn't support one pedal driving, which is a terrible oversight, and their software is pretty terrible.
Lets not forget their engineers are okay with lying about stats and writing software that produces false numbers.

Just watched Sandy Munro newest videoo today..he states plaid s order and should be in garage in couple weeks. Im definitely interested in his tear down...safe to say it will be popular
As much as I would like to see it, I would prefer to see a couple more deliveries to those who put in orders first - at least those who intend to actually drive them.

That said, I'll be curious about: his analysis of the carbon wrap around the motors, the overall battery design (ahem - which batteries used too) and whether single castings are part of the picture.

No, I'm not expecting too much, am I? 🤷‍♂️

This. So much, this. They're still learning what it takes to make a good EV, but once they do, Tesla will have a hard time competing with the industrial machine that is VW group. Even with the factories completed that are being built now, Tesla is looking at a couple million units a year, tops. VW group can churn out 10M/yr. It's hard to compete with that volume, even if margins are better. Not saying they're going away, but it would be foolish to rest idly thinking their dominance will continue.

The big advantage Tesla has (that I think they can maintain) is the power/$$ ratio and overall value. Looking at makers like Porsche, Audi, and others, they aren't interested in bringing insanely fast cars or cars that offer a lot of tech to market for reasonable prices, likely because it would absolutely crater their other sales. Tesla doesn't have to worry about fitting the performance models into a hierarchy of car performance, so we get things like 0-60 times of 3.1 s in a $65k car, which is absolutely bonkers to the rest of the car world.
The whole world doesn't even produce enough battery for 10M BEV annually, where do you think VW is going to get that? Existing vehicle capacity is useless without the battery.

There is no way Ill be selling to Tesla as a trade now. Thats for sure. Funny thing, I did a trade in value about 2 months ago to check. They offered me 37k with around 8k on it. Now 37.6 with 9.5k on it. That tells me its not because I put 19 TSportlines on it, badged with T E S L A on the back and a white leather wheel. I figured those would give it a hit in value for trades but daaaamn Tesla. I know its gold in my eyes. Hopefully Carmax, TMC, etc feel the same.

Carvana offered 44k. Id settle at 46, maybe. I show a pic but dont want to highjack the thread.
You should also consider selling it on eBay with a Buy It Now only (or perhaps accept offers for just a couple thousand less)...so like do a Buy it Now at $48k but secretly accept offers > $46k. Make sure they do at least $1,000 non-refundable deposit and then wire you the balance due within x days and you'll have to send the buyer the title if you have it. The buyer also pays for and arranges truck transport delivery to him/her. Easy. You'll probably get the $$ you want for it as others have said, the used car market is HOT. 😎

You should also consider selling it on eBay with a Buy It Now only (or perhaps accept offers for just a couple thousand less)...so like do a Buy it Now at $48k but secretly accept offers > $46k. Make sure they do at least $1,000 non-refundable deposit and then wire you the balance due within x days and you'll have to send the buyer the title if you have it. The buyer also pays for and arranges truck transport delivery to him/her. Easy. You'll probably get the $$ you want for it as others have said, the used car market is HOT. 😎
eBay and Paypal fees will be murderous for anyone selling their car online lol I know eBay and Paypal charge separately too. I don't think that is a very viable option to sell your car especially if you're not a dealer.

On the topic of wheels and tires, do we know anything about viability of doing 'launches' on Plaid with the 19" and anything besides a staggered setup? I see 19"s come staggered by default now. Wondering if having a square setup and narrower tires (say 265/40/20 All Seasons) and going plaid speed is just asking for trouble?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
eBay and Paypal fees will be murderous for anyone selling their car online lol I know eBay and Paypal charge separately too. I don't think that is a very viable option to sell your car especially if you're not a dealer.
That’s not really the case. It’s $95 for the eBay fee for their best package. PayPal charges a percentage but the entire vehicle would not be paid that way anyway. It should not be any more than a couple hundred dollar affair at the highest.

I don’t care either way, but just want to make note that eBay is in fact a viable selling platform, I’ve used it many times.