Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a Tesla, the best way to break it in is to accelerate and brake as rapidly as possible from the moment you take delivery. This will come naturally.
Jokes aside: I do wonder what the long term reliability of some of the new components will be. I'm optimistic, but also glad the powertrain warranty on these cars is quite good. The physics of the carbon wrapping are understood and not as novel as hype might have you believe, but having two materials that expand and contract at different rates causes stress by its very nature.

It’s Correct: 255-45-19 and 285-40-19.
The width of the 19” and 21” rims are the same: F 9.5” and R 10.5”
Technically a 295 will fit on the 19s and a 285 will fit on the 21s.
Actually a 305 should fit on both as well.
Now that I think about it, if someone with 19s wants to install 295s, it’s probably not recommended unless you also change the front tires to 265s from 255s otherwise it may throw things off a bit. With a Tesla, it seems more important for everything to be spot on. Idk maybe I’m thinking too much which I do quite often ha...

Looks like I might be canceling the Model S order as fast as I made it. Checked my account and it appears they are coming in with a trade value of $37600 on my 2021 Model 3 LR with 9.5k on it. White on white. Thats 10-12k lower than KBB! I could never justify that.

Calling my SA to see his thoughts and put in a revaluation. As of now, its a for sure no go.

Looks like I might be canceling the Model S order as fast as I made it. Checked my account and it appears they are coming in with a trade value of $37600 on my 2021 Model 3 LR with 9.5k on it. White on white. Thats 10-12k lower than KBB! I could never justify that.

Calling my SA to see his thoughts and put in a revaluation. As of now, its a for sure no go.
That M3 you have is golden right now. I recently sold my 2021 LR S for $16k over what Tesla offered me for it (which was also more than the sticker price of the car). Call a wholesaler, eBay, CarGuru’s, that type of thing and I think you’ll have a much better result.

Used Teslas are hot in an already red hot used car market.

@Jaenonymous Try carmax first. Online, you can get a quote price and set an appointment in minutes. I was in and out in less than 2 hours with a cashier's check. They offered me more than Tesla did. They mnet my quote I got online exactly after inspection. And it was high end of KBB range. It was a popular MercBenz type, but Model 3 is popular.

I went through the same thing in March. Tesla made me a ridiculous offer of $40,500 for my P100D with 34k miles.. I then listed the car on TMC classifieds and it sold within a few days for 17k more. Something to keep in mind. It’s a strong used car market at the moment.

That M3 you have is golden right now. I recently sold my 2021 LR S for $16k over what Tesla offered me for it (which was also more than the sticker price of the car). Call a wholesaler, eBay, CarGuru’s, that type of thing and I think you’ll have a much better result.

Used Teslas are hot in an already red hot used car market.
Agreed on this. I just (yesterday) sold a 2018 M3P w/ 28k miles for $52,000. The only caveat on selling vs trading is to verify whether your state deducts trade from purchase price for tax reasons and whether it may make sense to take a lower offer, to lower the taxes on the new vehicle. This can only be done at new vehicle purchase time.

Another thing, in case you weren't aware: Tesla bids out the trade ins usually. My SA looked to see whether Tesla was putting in "direct" offers on M3 and they were not, as of last week. (that's the case where Tesla needs Teslas to sell and will generally offer more than the 3rd party bidders.) When Tesla makes offers directly, they are generally more competitive.

Update: I think just this morning it went from being blank for 2 weeks to now estimated delivery June??
Ordered: 5/27
Plaid/FSD/Red/CF/Tempest 19", Southeastern PA. Originally said June, then blank for over 2 weeks, then now June.
Same, it’s surprising seeing ‘June’ with only 9 days left. I’ll be super impressed to get my car by next Wed. Seems unlikely though tbh 🤨

My delivery has been blank since the March 16th date disappeared. Today, it changed to July.
Stopped by the Ft Myers, FL delivery center this morning. They have three Plaids on the lot awaiting delivery. Two blue ones one with Black and the other cream. The third was white with cream. The build quality looked really good. Gaps were clean on all three and the piping on the cream seats looked really good especially after seeing some of the images that have been posted. These cars look SOOOO much better in person!!! All I have to say is WOOOOW!
The SA there (not mine) told me that my car is now in "build configuration" whatever that means. My number is 11431.

Jokes aside: I do wonder what the long term reliability of some of the new components will be. I'm optimistic, but also glad the powertrain warranty on these cars is quite good. The physics of the carbon wrapping are understood and not as novel as hype might have you believe, but having two materials that expand and contract at different rates causes stress by its very nature.
The 8 year ‘unlimited miles’ (powertrain/battery) warranty is comforting 🍻.

Keep in mind Tesla hasn't even started on pushing out the refreshed Model X which has a higher price point than S LR. My SA indicates there will be a pause in S production to begin working on X after 2Q closes.
Not a surprise. For those of us with Xs on order, it's appreciated to see some deliveries start up soon.

There is no way Ill be selling to Tesla as a trade now. Thats for sure. Funny thing, I did a trade in value about 2 months ago to check. They offered me 37k with around 8k on it. Now 37.6 with 9.5k on it. That tells me its not because I put 19 TSportlines on it, badged with T E S L A on the back and a white leather wheel. I figured those would give it a hit in value for trades but daaaamn Tesla. I know its gold in my eyes. Hopefully Carmax, TMC, etc feel the same.

Carvana offered 44k. Id settle at 46, maybe. I show a pic but dont want to highjack the thread.

So if they are actually delivering white interiors, yet older orders are not being filled first, I'll be furious enough to consider canceling (because all in cash is so high for car, hard for me to justify at times for myself anyway). Sounds like they are actually delivering white then in some places. Omar get one as we know plus these dealer anecdotes of actual whites being delivered. My estimate switched to July from eternal nothing. Yet they are delivering white interiors based on anecdotes. 147K price now all in was already crazy high (includes FSD). The price keeps inching up by the way so keep an eye on it....$500, $250....slowing growing. Nothing bad about that, rates, licensing will change just longer it goes the more i pay)

Last edited:
Update: I think just this morning it went from being blank for 2 weeks to now estimated delivery June??
Ordered: 5/27
Plaid/FSD/Red/Cream/CF/Tempest 19", Southeastern PA. Originally said June, then blank for over 2 weeks, then now June.
Glad to see red ones having June delivery... hopefully that means they're starting to produce the red one on the next batch this week. Hopefully that comes thru!

There is no way Ill be selling to Tesla as a trade now. Thats for sure. Funny thing, I did a trade in value about 2 months ago to check. They offered me 37k with around 8k on it. Now 37.6 with 9.5k on it. That tells me its not because I put 19 TSportlines on it, badged with T E S L A on the back and a white leather wheel. I figured those would give it a hit in value for trades but daaaamn Tesla. I know its gold in my eyes. Hopefully Carmax, TMC, etc feel the same.

Carvana offered 44k. Id settle at 46, maybe. I show a pic but dont want to highjack the thread.
Try Vroom.com - They have been very aggressive in their purchasing and have given me the best offers on Tesla vehicles. Higher than Carvana and CarMax