Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not on a lease - we just pay cash. I am clawing at wanting to stay this Tesla route so I am dragging my feet and not there quite yet but will not have much choice soon. Yes, as with anyone, if not in stock it is 4-6 months but that is a little more reliable. The one I am looking at is in stock (for now).
View attachment 676241

I test drove an S7 way back in April once the Model S delay was officially announced (ish).

You gotta do what you gotta do, but I will say after owning a Model 3 and driving a P85D Model S - I left the S7 test drive extremely disappointed. Once you don't have to hear the exhaust or feel the delayed shifts, you can't go back.

But, you gotta do what you gotta do. Tesla has been ridiculous with this process. Pretty inexcusable.

While crazy to say, I think we are 6-8 weeks from a VIN and each week production will get better and faster.

OK @omarsultan, @Dcher or @Atomadam @pacnwplaid now as well :)
- I am going to make my request again regarding the "fasten seat belt request". I originally saw that the alert was on the instrument cluster and we know that is not touch screen. I caught a glimpse today that an alert shows up on the center screen - do you know if you can press that seat belt alert to turn it into a child seat to disregard the warning? This would be similar to the 3 and Y functionality.

Image showing alert:
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 12.08.32 PM.png

My previous request with details Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

Edit: it might require a backseat alert as opposed to front seat like my sample image.

Last edited:
Good news!

Cliff notes:

1. I was told Monday am that my car was ready via email. I picked it up in the evening.
  2. Some here are complaining about the wait and inconsistencies with messaging on when your call will be available. I get it. However, its worth the wait.
  3. This thing is a BEAST. They have made so many improvements with the interior and I love the yoke steering wheel. It does take a few minutes to get use to though.
Long version:

1. Last Sunday, I visited one of the showrooms to ask where my orders are at (spoke to a new SA). My first order was MS Plaid white, FSD, 21 inch rims, black interior and CF – order Jan 27th. My second order was similar. The only difference was that I ordered MSM and wood interior on May 29th. I was told that I would have a firm date on the white car by the end of this week. I was also told that the grey vehicle would not be ready until at least August and at that time I should receive a date of completion.
  2. Monday am, I receive an email that the MSM is available today.
  3. As you can tell, the SA’s do not have immediate access to build info. I loved working with my SA and its not their fault. Fremont is starting to pump these cars out and we should see a lot more in July.
  4. I am completely blown away by this car. It is absolutely worth the wait. The interior fit and feel – they have made a ton of progress. The sound system is unbelievable. The UI is much better. Tesla has made a huge improvement in the fit and finish of the vehicle.
  5. I’ve driven and owned some fast, powerful vehicles. The plaid blows them out of the water hands down not only in performance, but comfort, fit and feel.

Enjoy the pics. Best wishes to all of you on getting your cars soon. You will not be disappointed!

Good news!

Cliff notes:

1. I was told Monday am that my car was ready via email. I picked it up in the evening.
  2. Some here are complaining about the wait and inconsistencies with messaging on when your call will be available. I get it. However, its worth the wait.
  3. This thing is a BEAST. They have made so many improvements with the interior and I love the yoke steering wheel. It does take a few minutes to get use to though.
Long version:

1. Last Sunday, I visited one of the showrooms to ask where my orders are at (spoke to a new SA). My first order was MS Plaid white, FSD, 21 inch rims, black interior and CF – order Jan 27th. My second order was similar. The only difference was that I ordered MSM and wood interior on May 29th. I was told that I would have a firm date on the white car by the end of this week. I was also told that the grey vehicle would not be ready until at least August and at that time I should receive a date of completion.
  3. As you can tell, the SA’s do not have immediate access to build info. I loved working with my SA and its not their fault. Fremont is starting to pump these cars out and we should see a lot more in July.
  4. I am completely blown away by this car. It is absolutely worth the wait. The interior fit and feel – they have made a ton of progress. The sound system is unbelievable. The UI is much better. Tesla has made a huge improvement in the fit and finish of the vehicle.
  5. I’ve driven and owned some fast, powerful vehicles. The plaid blows them out of the water hands down not only in performance, but comfort, fit and feel.

Enjoy the pics. Best wishes to all of you on getting your cars soon. You will not be disappointed!

Attachments

• B2A26A0F-8498-4CBE-B3BD-BFCA5927E797.jpeg
    B2A26A0F-8498-4CBE-B3BD-BFCA5927E797.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 64ABA356-7DFD-460B-A11B-73BC64646C8C.jpeg
    64ABA356-7DFD-460B-A11B-73BC64646C8C.jpeg
    539.4 KB · Views: 77
  • D6CBD4E7-2216-43A4-A401-3CE78EFCFECE.jpeg
    D6CBD4E7-2216-43A4-A401-3CE78EFCFECE.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 79
  • EC0E56B4-9E29-4413-B051-F3146B657CFB.jpeg
    EC0E56B4-9E29-4413-B051-F3146B657CFB.jpeg
    519.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 761B4684-2E8F-4ED1-9FA4-AE4B23D6E01F.jpeg
    761B4684-2E8F-4ED1-9FA4-AE4B23D6E01F.jpeg
    655 KB · Views: 74
Good news!

Cliff notes:

Long version:

Congratulatons!

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.30.18 AM.png
I have actually considered having someone take delivery for me if the car comes in, but I don’t think Tesla will allow anyone but the original purchasers to take delivery. Has anyone successfully had someone else take delivery?
Not that you can trust the website, BUT it is still advertising "Touchless Delivery." Presumably that means if you complete all of the paperwork and handle financing, they can drop the car off for in your driveway and it will be waiting for you when you get back.