Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love how you need to designate the Audi as 'loaded'. Seems the model S comes just one way, 'properly equipped.

Yes and no. Loaded gives me items that are valued but not critical. Such as proper ambient lighting, 4-wheel steering, massage seats, etc. Not knocking the S in anyway though.

I forget who it was, but didn’t someone have a delivery that was delayed due to a software update of some sort…? Did that person ever pick up their car?

what I’m wonder is why are their 8-9 model s’s sitting at my local SC right now. They must have been delivered either yesterday or last week. But still, EoQ is early next week…..

thinking that all cars are going through this update and then they will assign VINs. Just a hunch though. I emailed my SA at the Devon dealer asking what’s going on since those model s’s are sitting there. See what he says.

Yes and no. Loaded gives me items that are valued but not critical. Such as proper ambient lighting, 4-wheel steering, massage seats, etc. Not knocking the S in anyway though.
I'm more of a narrowed field of view from too much G, 4 wheel drift with torque vectoring rear steering and tingling butt from massive acceleration kinda guy but to each their own.

Plaid with Tempest and CF interior has landed at our SC

View attachment 676252View attachment 676253
I finally have my LR VIN number and delivery date! All info is in my signature. Delivery 6/27 - 6/30.
I was supposed to get mine today but delivery delayed. Apparently not quite across the country yet. They gave me a date for Thursday but just told me delivery will be late because they are replacing the wheels with the new ones! . So I have to wait a few days

I forget who it was, but didn’t someone have a delivery that was delayed due to a software update of some sort…? Did that person ever pick up their car?

what I’m wonder is why are their 8-9 model s’s sitting at my local SC right now. They must have been delivered either yesterday or last week. But still, EoQ is early next week…..

thinking that all cars are going through this update and then they will assign VINs. Just a hunch though. I emailed my SA at the Devon dealer asking what’s going on since those model s’s are sitting there. See what he says.
At least one is likely LR…white exterior…the one my SA offered me yesterday.

I actually like the Audi S7 (A7) (just returned a Q7 end of lease), different take entirely on how to do a car and gas of course. One of the reasons I am moving to Tesla is a can't stand the dealer sales experience. I would rather no communication at all (ordered December of last year) than communication about needless dealer add-ons, maintenance packages, rim insurance, tire insurance and end of lease protection. The only thing that will fix the sleeze of the car dealer business is when most of them are gone.

One of my absolute, all-time favorite cars to own has been the S5 Sportback. Those tactile buttons and controls, ambient lighting, and the interior comfort were unparalleled. For sure, Model S is its own experience, but I have specced out S5's and S7's easily a dozen times while waiting for my S. IMO you can't go wrong with either and nothing is permanent really. If I had gone with S5, I am sure I would've been back with Tesla next time around. Our 2nd car is the Model Y, so it helps with some of the FOMO. Folks on this forum will obviously say to wait for Model S. We're all here because we are all crazy-eyed fans that would've texted Tesla 'u up bae' at 4am in the morning if Tesla was a human entity! :) But the car that's right for you, is the one you are most satisfied by - and that includes how soon you can get it.

Welp, count me in the same camp as Hayseed_MS.

Had a VIN assigned on Saturday, then an appointment for June 30th assign on Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon the VIN poofed and then yesterday they remove the appointment time and now my account says estimated delivery in August.

Good stuff. Hopefully August is just a placeholder while waiting for another VIN.

Welp, count me in the same camp as Hayseed_MS.

Had a VIN assigned on Saturday, then an appointment for June 30th assign on Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon the VIN poofed and then yesterday they remove the appointment time and now my account says estimated delivery in August.

Good stuff. Hopefully August is just a placeholder while waiting for another VIN.
Hate to hear that, you would think if you got a VIN assigned, you'd be ok.