Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting some serious throwback feelings to 2012 when first deliveries were being made.
Exciting times, glad to see so many cars finally being delivered.

Seeing all these photos is making me slowly accept the yoke. I’m about ready to just say “frig” it and order one!
Oh
Come on now.
You know you want it.
The Yoke is but a baby unknown in comparison to the 2012 leap.

Could you pop all that on github please, I'd like to integrate it to mine as well :D
I posted it later in the thread, but will repost once...

This awful, terrible, likely dangerous Tesla VIN scraper with MQTT is here: rawdigits/TeslaScrub
*this is unsupported and I'll immediately stop caring about it once I have my car.
*if you want to make it not suck, fork the repo or start over and go for it, but either way leave me out of it.
*it will probably cause your computer to catch fire. you've been warned.

I used to dread that 30 minutes to two hours I had to spend with the "business manager" doing paperwork to buy a car. I felt like I was trapped going into battle when I was the customer. Finally got wise and had an attorney do it for me :). That removed the need for a shower each time I took delivery.

Some of you have just had crappy dealer experience. Mine have been great. Some dealers have brought the car and paperwork to my office to sign. I am selective on who I deal with and build a relationship. Anyway sorry that your past is like that - but Tesla has been the worst for me so far. The SA has been great for what he can do but the overall experience has not been good.

Wouldn't the batteries and cooling play a big role in that power curve as well? They state that the LR is also capable of back-to-back 1/4 mile runs.
Absolutely, but the car also needs to have the motor technology to draw, and sustain that power, otherwise the enhanced cooling only benefits the repeatability of the 0-60 and 1/4-mile runs, and not the power curve.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Any idea if the white one (with white interior) has CF interior trim? Just curious since that's my build but my SC's Mgr & our RM are basically saying there's no match to my build yet and my Tesla account has been blank (no est delivery) for weeks. No explanations, no updates, no info. Thanks.
Update to my own question...received an email reply from our RM. So it appears that no matter when the order was (say Jan or Feb, 2021 / excluding perhaps pre-orders from 2020), if you choose white seats and/or carbon fiber, you're almost definitely looking at August delivery...not even July. It seems as if they're simply not doing production runs with this combination until perhaps mid-late July (maybe a carbon fiber trim parts issue OR perhaps not????) which means an August, 2021 delivery at best.

The only thing that puzzles me is the fact that we're seeing VINs being assigned and imminent deliveries occurring now with MS Plaids that either have white seats or carbon fiber trim (or both?), so is Tesla going to tell us, "oh no, no, no those MS Plaids with the white seats and carbon fiber trim were ALL orders from late 2020? In addition, they're simply pointing the the Tesla website which changed IN JUNE to say that choosing white seats and/or carbon fiber trim says "August delivery" BUT wasn't that caveat JUST for ORDERS placed in JUNE (and not say February 2, 2021 like when I submitted my build and reservation 4 months prior)? This seems suspect (aka BULL$h!t) to me. 🤔 🤬

Absolutely, but the car also needs to have the motor technology to draw, and sustain that power, otherwise the enhanced cooling only benefits the repeatability of the 0-60 and 1/4-mile runs, and not the power curve.
This is why the Plaid is such a unique, and beautiful piece of engineering, because every component and system is made to work together, all for the end result of that high horsepower, and stunning power curve.

(Nothing against the LR, BTW.)

Update to my own question...received an email reply from our RM. So it appears that no matter when the order was (say Jan or Feb, 2021 / excluding perhaps pre-orders from 2020), if you choose white seats and/or carbon fiber, you're almost definitely looking at August delivery...not even July. It seems as if they're simply not doing production runs with this combination until perhaps mid-late July (maybe a carbon fiber trim parts issue OR perhaps not????) which means an August, 2021 delivery at best.

The only thing that puzzles me is the fact that we're seeing VINs being assigned and imminent deliveries occurring now with MS Plaids that either have white seats or carbon fiber trim (or both?), so is Tesla going to tell us, "oh no, no, no those MS Plaids with the white seats and carbon fiber trim were ALL orders from late 2020? In addition, they're simply pointing the the Tesla website which changed IN JUNE to say that choosing white seats and/or carbon fiber trim says "August delivery" BUT wasn't that caveat JUST for ORDERS placed in JUNE (and not say February 2, 2021 like when I submitted my build and reservation 4 months prior)? This seems suspect (aka BULL$h!t) to me. 🤔 🤬
Suspect a lot of the cars sitting in the holding lots near Fremont had no trim installed due to lack of parts. The rest is just luck.

• Helpful
Reactions: sflgator
This is why the Plaid is such a unique, and beautiful piece of engineering, because every component and system is made to work together, all for the end result of that high horsepower, and stunning power curve.
But don't forget supercharging. (I care very much about supercharging.) My X sits at 90kw for a _lot_ of its curve (plateau?), and I'm excited to not have that wait anymore.

Any idea if the white one (with white interior) has CF interior trim? Just curious since that's my build but my SC's Mgr & our RM are basically saying there's no match to my build yet and my Tesla account has been blank (no est delivery) for weeks. No explanations, no updates, no info. Thanks.
None were CF. White or black w wood (walnut?)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
One of my absolute, all-time favorite cars to own has been the S5 Sportback. Those tactile buttons and controls, ambient lighting, and the interior comfort were unparalleled. For sure, Model S is its own experience, but I have specced out S5's and S7's easily a dozen times while waiting for my S. IMO you can't go wrong with either and nothing is permanent really. If I had gone with S5, I am sure I would've been back with Tesla next time around. Our 2nd car is the Model Y, so it helps with some of the FOMO. Folks on this forum will obviously say to wait for Model S. We're all here because we are all crazy-eyed fans that would've texted Tesla 'u up bae' at 4am in the morning if Tesla was a human entity! :) But the car that's right for you, is the one you are most satisfied by - and that includes how soon you can get it.

My last car was an RS5 coupe, and the car I almost replaced it with was the S5 Sportback - still one of my favorite non-Tesla cars.

All 7 cars I’d ever owned were Audis. While I was trying to hunt down the S5 config I wanted, a friend convinced me to test drive a Model 3 (Performance) and it was all over.