Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I try to ride the line between showing frustration and being a d***. My general feeling is if you cross into the latter they’re more likely to say “screw this guy” and ignore you. But with Tesla, who knows what works.
Being in the customer service business at least some of the time, I will tell you that it's much easier for me to put in the effort for a customer that's polite (even if insistent, and especially if it's a real problem on my end) than one that is rude.

Being in the customer service business at least some of the time, I will tell you that it's much easier for me to put in the effort for a customer that's polite (even if insistent, and especially if it's a real problem on my end) than one that is rude.
Exactly what I was saying (or trying to). It’s fine to show frustration as long as being respectful. Being rude rarely works. Either gets you ignored, or at the very least, less likely for someone to bend over backwards to help.

Exactly what I was saying (or trying to). It’s fine to show frustration as long as being respectful. Being rude rarely works. Either gets you ignored, or at the very least, less likely for someone to bend over backwards to help.
I will say that Tesla has a way of pushing every single button I have and makes it really tough to be patient and cordial.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Unfortunately, it is also true that it is easier to ignore a polite customer than an insistent one, when things are busy.

As an advocate for your SA knows less than you.... I still txt and poke at mine just to confirm that it is still true. We all KNOW some LR S' have been delivered so.....SA continue to know less we do....

View attachment 676648
What a lie, considering we know LR are being delivered and I was offered one yesterday. I would casually delete the number and save you the headache.

Hi all. I hope you purchase my new book "Diaries from a Blank Delivery Page". It's the trials and tribulations of an October 2020 first time Tesla buyer. The struggles, the highs of getting an estimated date multiple times to having it ripped away, the anxiety, the anger, the price increases, the extra time to ponder wanting to change the color of your car and the interior 1000 times, the wondering if ordering 19's is the holdup because I wanted the extra range and not blow out my tires in an urban jungle, and not being able to plan a vacation because I might have to take delivery of my car at any time. I have yet to write the ending yet. Hoping it will be something that ends with an uplifting and inspirational story of triumph and worth the wait. You can find it in any bookstore in the "First World Problems" section.
Welcome to Tesla!

Buying a new/redesigned model Tesla is like buying a custom sofa. The sales guy may quote you a date, but there's no expectation the factory's gonna honor it. You get your sofa when you get your sofa.

In case anyone else is deciding to make the wheel switch to Arachnids on their LR, I can confirm it can be done without changing your RN.

Yesterday I called a local SA and requested the switch over the phone. He verified I would not incur any fees or price changes to my order, and my RN would not change. I asked him to submit it, and 25 hours later my order updated without changing my RN. I did not have an estimated delivery date, so this may be different if you have an estimated date.

Capture.JPG

Received a very welcome e-mail last night. Order date 2/17 reservation #1145. Expected delivery kept changing between blank and August. Now I have a Vin an expected delivery date of 6/26-6/30. Just called Tesla to speak with an SA regarding delivery scheduling and was told that I would receive a text message when the car is close to being delivered. Right now it is in transit and expected to delivery early next week. With that said, I made final payment and would assume they will try to have me take delivery before end of month which I will be happy to do. Delivery is in NY, so a little surprised but very pleased to get delivery as soon as I am. Configuration is LR Black with Cream interior and 21” arachnids.

Received a very welcome e-mail last night. Order date 2/17 reservation #1145. Expected delivery kept changing between blank and August. Now I have a Vin an expected delivery date of 6/26-6/30. Just called Tesla to speak with an SA regarding delivery scheduling and was told that I would receive a text message when the car is close to being delivered. Right now it is in transit and expected to delivery early next week. With that said, I made final payment and would assume they will try to have me take delivery before end of month which I will be happy to do. Delivery is in NY, so a little surprised but very pleased to get delivery as soon as I am.
what config?

Speaking of red, where is TigerS? Red is dead.
Not sure about Tigers or this 19” wheels not available business, but my order for a red Plaid with 19” wheels and CF trim still shows July delivery. According to the rumors that would be 3 “strikes” for me. I know this may mean as nothing, but that’s a counter datapoint from the above.