Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what could be the hold up because someone was about to take delivery with 19" wheels but SC told him they need more time to switch the wheels. Wonder who is in charge of these decisions because some of them seem so petty that it makes me think they're managed by Musk himself -_-
Maybe if they made a 2 min call to the customer and explained the dilemma with the wheels, the customer might be happy to take the car with the silver 19s. I personally wouldn’t care either way. Just a thought.

This VIN indicates thats one of the early builds probably coming from the overflow lot.
Feeling naive here - how can you tell? I know the vin decoder and whatnot, so is it just that folks know the sequence numbers for the start of refresh were in the 400k range? Very curious, so I can avoid accepting a dust covered, rat filled, temporary lot jalopy. :)

I do. i’m In Fort Wayne taking delivery at Tesla just east of Keystone. Ordered day after refresh announced, RN1144xxx…still nothing From SA and blank on account for both Plaid and LR
Yeah, they have since moved out of their expensive mall space over to the Castleton area. Hopefully we'll start hearing something soon!

Feeling naive here - how can you tell? I know the vin decoder and whatnot, so is it just that folks know the sequence numbers for the start of refresh were in the 400k range? Very curious, so I can avoid accepting a dust covered, rat filled, temporary lot jalopy. :)
Very simple for example Omars car was one of the first delivered and his VIN starts with 431 as for the last 6 digits. So me thinking the car was sitting on the overflow lot. Again i could be wrong as well what do i know :).

Going to post a likely unpopular opinion here - but did you order May 5th or October 10th (2020) based upon your signature? If the former, do not be surprised that you are not getting a car in June.
Order date is 5/10, so I originally was in the mindset of an august delivery at best. The jumping around of delivery dates in my account, even though that doesn’t mean sugar, got me in the mindset it might come sooner - but not getting hopes up. When I got the call last Thursday to switch from CF to wood for hopefully a June delivery, but strong possibility next few weeks….now I started to get into the wtf camp with the delivery. Especially when people who ordered first week of June have already taken delivery of a 100% identical build to mine. So normally I wouldn’t care and be patient, but because of the *sugar show it does start to agrivate you, no matter how patient. I really feel for those that ordered late last year or early this year and still no car.

I thought the issue with the 19" wheels is "what color is the underlying alloy wheel?" It appears that some observers have noted that the wheel cover has changed color from silver to grey, but I have not seen anything that addresses the wheel color itself changing from silver.

How about some of you 19" wheel guys popping the cover and tell us what's underneath?

Vistan
Here is the June 10th screenshot from @gabeincal 's post. It shows the 19" silver tempest wheels on one MS Plaid that was at the delivery event. I'm not sure we got any more info on who received it. I also believe there have been some additional silver ones spotted on trucks for delivery. I am not aware of any darker tempest wheels being delivered however.
View attachment 676756

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Order date is 5/10, so I originally was in the mindset of an august delivery at best. The jumping around of delivery dates in my account, even though that doesn’t mean sugar, got me in the mindset it might come sooner - but not getting hopes up. When I got the call last Thursday to switch from CF to wood for hopefully a June delivery, but strong possibility next few weeks….now I started to get into the wtf camp with the delivery. Especially when people who ordered first week of June have already taken delivery of a 100% identical build to mine. So normally I wouldn’t care and be patient, but because of the *sugar show it does start to agrivate you, no matter how patient. I really feel for those that ordered late last year or early this year and still no car.
Fair points, I know seeing some of the posts of people that went from carbon fiber to wood to "take delivery earlier" are not taking delivery any earlier. And so they regret not just holding pace.

Someone else posted in the LR tread - this thread / group is about 50% therapy and 50% informative.

If the 21s had a 35 sidewall tire like the prior 21s, then I’d probably go for it.
It’s not the $4500; I just can’t do it with 295-30s.
I mostly agree and wish there was a 20“ option, but really the sidewall is only around 0.2“ less or about 5% different (3.7 to 3.5) so probably not too much different than the prior 21‘s.

Currently arguing with Tesla Text Bot. It is attempting to charge me 10,000 to switch from CF to Wood Trim. I know there are people on this site who have made the change free of fee. Could any of you please reply to this message so I can use your case as ammunition to argue the policy isnt being universally applied?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Currently arguing with Tesla Text Bot. It is attempting to charge me 10,000 to switch from CF to Wood Trim. I know there are people on this site who have made the change free of fee. Could any of you please reply to this message so I can use your case as ammunition to argue the policy isnt being universally applied?
I have not changed, but you're gonna need a real live person for that