Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to SA.

When you do the switch from CF to Wood, with no increase in price, this basically puts you into the system as IF you placed a new order. It certainly bumps you up in line from if you stuck with CF, but doesn’t mean your at the front of the line. Said June at this point most likely not happening, but never know. Would assume over the next few weeks to get a VIN and delivery based on my build, just like what the rep said from Fremont that switched me to the wood from CF.

This makes sense now. Because you switch to wood from CF it’s like putting in a new order, so probably like 3-4 weeks or so from that date…..speculation of course.

Carbon fiber and 19” rims are delayed for production.…..maybe August/September is what I was told, just FYI. Outside of Black, MSM, and some white also delay….sorry Red orders.

See what happens.
Talk about delivering wonderful news.

"You can't handle the truth!"

After emailing the director of the Florida DMV regarding Tesla Plaid’s not being in their system, I received the following response. Not really sure what this means but sharing anyway:

The Department is in contact with Tesla and has identified a solution to the situation. Teslawill contact you directly with a resolution.

Thank you,
Office of the Executive Director”

Feeling naive here - how can you tell? I know the vin decoder and whatnot, so is it just that folks know the sequence numbers for the start of refresh were in the 400k range? Very curious, so I can avoid accepting a dust covered, rat filled, temporary lot jalopy. :)
Some had protective covering as you can see from one of the pictures, while 2 black ones (not in the picture) were absolutely filthy covered in dust

They are all happy though, just a bit hot.

OneSad.jpg

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
They are all happy though, just a bit hot.

View attachment 676813
Because we all have nothing better to do than speculate to help ease our pain, people are / were wondering (no? just me?) about those cars in the lot missing parts. I am wondering if they were all meant for carbon fiber interiors. And if so, those that switched to wood, they are just slapping the wood panels in and loading them up. Hence why you are getting a car sooner.

This was asked hundred of pages back but @omarsultan or anyone else - are the Model S doors frameless like the Model 3? Does the window drop when opening the door? Really hoping Tesla has learned its lesson about winter weather, frozen handles, and frozen windows...
Yes, frameless, so they drop. IIRC, all frameless windows do this. The drop seems to be more than my '13 P85.

Got my Plaid delivered today!

1. It is absolutely, hands-down, no questions asked, better in person than *any* photo or video I have seen so far. You just have to see it in person to experience it. Same with the acceleration. I did not gun it or launch it, but even going from 0 to 35mph had enough 'oomph' on it that I was floored!
  2. Interior is nicer, but has not jumped to other German car standards. Still is a substantial jump. Like that one video, everything feels nicer and more refined to touch.
  3. Absolutely no alignment issues on the outside. Extremely precise fit and finish across all panels. Rear interior doors do show that "misalignment" that was pointed out by @Tigers earlier on here. However, the gap between the panels is also large and is not helping the illusion of misalignment. Doesn't bother me though. Functionally, it's all perfect.
  4. Sound proofing is out of this world. My street was being repaved when the car was brought up. The delivery person and I could literally not hear each other on the street next to the car. We stepped inside and instantly we could converse in almost hushed/neutral tones. I did check with my Apple Watch, and outdoor reading was about 85-90dB with the noise and inside it was close to 45dB. This is when the car was off and no ANC.
  5. Black interior has a very subtle grey piping and contrast stitching. In my opinion (and mine alone), I think it looks more refined than the white with black piping. Like @omarsultan said, it gives a lot of depth to interiors.
  6. Shiny black calipers actually seem to match the theme of the rest of the car and even more striking on MSM.
  7. Delivery person confirmed that the 21" Arachnids are die-cast and not forged.
  8. This particular car had a build date of 6/19. So, it's not one of those off of the Fremont holding lot.
  9. Delivery person confirmed ~35 cars delivered in Seattle area with ~25 Plaids, ~10 LRs, and at least 5 with (silver) Tempest wheels.
  10. On the Yoke - I took a 20 min drive around the neighborhood with roundabouts, 90 degree turns, and 3-point turns. In my opinion (again, mine alone) the Yoke is also one of those things you should wait to experience before judging. I was 100% immediately comfortable with it with no weird hand on hand locks or finding my hands in odd places. Speed limits in my 20 min drive ranged from 25 - 55mph. I do consider myself pretty fast at adapting to new things however. And I was one of those who used to reach for the non-existent gear shifter in my first Tesla and the non-existent gear stalk in my ICE for a solid 1 year when I was cross-driving them. Yoke is the one that surprised me the most in terms of how much I immediately liked it and saw how it benefited the experience. Verdict is still out on how it fares on long drives and sudden reactions at highway speeds.
  11. My car did not come with license plate frames. SA said he will look into it to see if it was missed or if they're just not including it any more.

All-weather floor mats are arriving by Friday, so I will test their fit and will post here. Delivery person said the mats fit perfectly 100% including frunk and trunk based on what he observed on another car he delivered. He did point out that the 'tabs' on top of the rear seat mats do not extend that far below the front seats any more because of the larger legroom in the back. So, technically, the rear seat mat is 'ill fitting' rather than not fitting per se. I suspect they will modify it in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
Very simple for example Omars car was one of the first delivered and his VIN starts with 431 as for the last 6 digits. So me thinking the car was sitting on the overflow lot. Again i could be wrong as well what do i know :).
As a point of reference, build date on my car is 5/21 -- so original conjecture that the S/X line was fully idle from Jan to late May is likely accurate.

1. It is absolutely, hands-down, no questions asked, better in person than *any* photo or video I have seen so far. You just have to see it in person to experience it. Same with the acceleration. I did not gun it or launch it, but even going from 0 to 35mph had enough 'oomph' on it that I was floored!
  2. Interior is nicer, but has not jumped to other German car standards. Still is a substantial jump. Like that one video, everything feels nicer and more refined to touch.
  3. Absolutely no alignment issues on the outside. Extremely precise fit and finish across all panels. Rear interior doors do show that "misalignment" that was pointed out by @Tigers earlier on here. However, the gap between the panels is also large and is not helping the illusion of misalignment. Doesn't bother me though. Functionally, it's all perfect.
  4. Sound proofing is out of this world. My street was being repaved when the car was brought up. The delivery person and I could literally not hear each other on the street next to the car. We stepped inside and instantly we could converse in almost hushed/neutral tones. I did check with my Apple Watch, and outdoor reading was about 85-90dB with the noise and inside it was close to 45dB. This is when the car was off and no ANC.
  5. Black interior has a very subtle grey piping and contrast stitching. In my opinion (and mine alone), I think it looks more refined than the white with black piping. Like @omarsultan said, it gives a lot of depth to interiors.
  6. Shiny black calipers actually seem to match the theme of the rest of the car and even more striking on MSM.
  7. Delivery person confirmed that the 21" Arachnids are die-cast and not forged.
  8. This particular car had a build date of 6/19. So, it's not one of those off of the Fremont holding lot.
  9. Delivery person confirmed ~35 cars delivered in Seattle area with ~25 Plaids, ~10 LRs, and at least 5 with (silver) Tempest wheels.
  10. On the Yoke - I took a 20 min drive around the neighborhood with roundabouts, 90 degree turns, and 3-point turns. In my opinion (again, mine alone) the Yoke is also one of those things you should wait to experience before judging. I was 100% immediately comfortable with it with no weird hand on hand locks or finding my hands in odd places. Speed limits in my 20 min drive ranged from 25 - 55mph. I do consider myself pretty fast at adapting to new things however. And I was one of those who used to reach for the non-existent gear shifter in my first Tesla and the non-existent gear stalk in my ICE for a solid 1 year when I was cross-driving them. Yoke is the one that surprised me the most in terms of how much I immediately liked it and saw how it benefited the experience. Verdict is still out on how it fares on long drives and sudden reactions at highway speeds.
  11. My car did not come with license plate frames. SA said he will look into it to see if it was missed or if they're just not including it any more.

All-weather floor mats are arriving by Friday, so I will test their fit and will post here. Delivery person said the mats fit perfectly 100% including frunk and trunk based on what he observed on another car he delivered. He did point out that the 'tabs' on top of the rear seat mats do not extend that far below the front seats any more because of the larger legroom in the back. So, technically, the rear seat mat is 'ill fitting' rather than not fitting per se. I suspect they will modify it in the near future.
I assume you meant build date of 6/21?

CAR DELIVERED!!! Finally got my Plaid S MSM Black Interior Ebony Wood Trim 21'' arachnid wheels.
I have been driving a 2019 Model S performance. Observations thus far:
1) Car is F&*king Incredible
2) Drive, handling, acceleration, all amazing. Crazy it is faster then Model S performance which was sooo fast.
3) Much quieter then 2019. My older S was loud when going fast on frwy, this car has much better sound control
4) Yoke steering took me about 10 min to get used to, now feels totally comfortable. Also gives you a much better view of dash, and road.
5) The A/C is, which in SoCal is crucial, is %1000 better.
6) The interior just feels higher quality all around. Small details really improved on
7) UI is great, but is going to take me the longest to get used to.
8) I saw in previous post people thinking the wood on black interior looked light, i assure you, at least in plaid, the ebony wood trim is very dark and looks great.
9) NEGATIVE- No SiriusXM. That is all I used, and want to use. If it is available I can not find it. Super bummed
10) I have not had chance to see if kids can watch Netflix in back while I drive, if they can not it will be the only other major disappointment for me.
11) I don't really see any need for the screen to tilt towards or away, it is really easy to see an operate from driver seat.

For those of us that have been waiting half a year or longer, I am happy to say I am not at all disappointed, it exceeds my expectations. Enjoy your deliveries as they come.

Thank you for the pictures and the writeup!! Appreciate all the details and thoughts! Congrats and enjoy the car!!!

Are the tires HP summer tires on the 21 or all season? What is the tire size?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid