Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone post a link to the tracking spreadsheet. I thought i would update based on the change last night to my EDD and i can never find the link. Thank you

So, does that theoretically put it around 220 mi. using ~ 80% battery, which means approx 20% or ~ 55 miles left? If so, that's only about 275 mi. total...not > 300 mi. like we had hoped for a good mix of city/hwy driving. Is my math accurate here? I think it would be great for someone with a MS Plaid to do a nice 180-200+ mi drive mix of city and mostly hwy to see what's left when you come back. 🤔
I don't think you can infer a whole lot about range from this. My goal at the time was to run down the battery so I could do the V3 supercharger test. Amongst other things, the whole drive was at California freeway speeds, if was 100F+ out and there was a 2K ft climb in the middle.

Here’s the nice girl who received the Tesla MS Plaid — white w/ white/carbon fiber interior & 21” arachnid wheels at the MS Plaid Delivery Event; hey, she’s got MY car, lol!!! 🤔🤪. So Tesla…stop giving us the nonsense of white and/or carbon fiber cars will be delivered in August or later…ahem, you certainly had all the necessary parts to get that one delivered in June! Where’s my car, dude? 🤨 … great video btw showing a white Plaid with white seats & carbon fiber trim…HOT HOT HOT! 🔥 😎 (Btw the woman shown at the start of the video is not the owner…you’ll see the new Plaid owner (seems pretty sweet actually) just after and she goes through everything about her car!

Here’s the nice girl who received the Tesla MS Plaid — white w/ white/carbon fiber interior & 21” arachnid wheels at the MS Plaid Delivery Event; hey, she’s got MY car, lol!!! 🤔🤪. So Tesla…stop giving us the nonsense of white and/or carbon fiber cars will be delivered in August or later…ahem, you certainly had all the necessary parts to get that one delivered in June! Where’s my car, dude? 🤨 … great video btw showing a white Plaid with white seats & carbon fiber trim…HOT HOT HOT! 🔥 😎 (Btw the woman shown at the start of the video is not the owner…you’ll see the new Plaid owner (seems pretty sweet actually) just after and she goes through everything about her car!

The woman shown is 'Tesla Joy.' She has a youtube channel.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
How is the Autopilot on Plaid? Is it the new Tesla Vision? How annoying is it with max speed of 75mph on highway and minimum 3 car length distance?
The S and X don't utilize Tesla Vision yet; they still have radar.

You go to pick up your car. You realize right away that the exterior doesn't look like a brand new car. Maybe it was sitting for a while and it's certainly not beautifully polished etc. Of course you can ask them to make it right and you'll take it but let's say that's not an option.
Do you:
1. Take delivery and just have the car detailed yourself OR
2. Decline delivery and wait for another car

I'd definitely take delivery. Would anyone here decline ?

Well, its true that the car still has radar, but that does not mean it is using it. I have not tried setting AP speed above 75, but following distance with AP on is not currently adjustable from the thumbwheel. I had AP on for most of the aforementioned 100 mile drive and it worked well--no weirdness, phontom braking, snuggling up to semis or anything (my frame of reference is AP 1 in my wife's X).

I kinda wish it would throw up a dialog on the screen say something "I am planning to brake for that stopped vehicle ahead, even though it might not seem like it right now"

but following distance with AP on is not currently adjustable from the thumbwheel.
Honestly, the controls from the "old" steering wheel scroll wheels is something I am going to miss initially. Temperature, calls, etc. I have to imagine it is coming eventually. But then again, maybe not. The reformatted UI and screen should make it "easier".