Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've worked my whole life to be able to afford a car like this, I don't think I'm personally overthinking it. I want a quality product after being treated like a peasant for the last 8 months and counting.

I did not communicate my thoughts correctly on this one then. I feel the same as you and those points are very critical but, at least for me, I will over think it to the point it interferes with my ability to enjoy it. What ever needs "adjusted" will be taken care of by Tesla. I am not going to worry about it. That was my point.

Anyone know if all cars are coming via truck to east coast? I heard they are skipping the train to get the S's out faster. Hard to know what to believe 🤦🏻‍♂️
below is a breakdown how they ship it usually. EOQ push they do like to ship everything via truck.

• Tesla ships by rail from Fremont to the East coast. It seems like they use either or both Union Pacific (UP) and BNSF.
  • My SA told me my vehicle will be shipped by rail to Chicago, then truck to MA.
  • For those in southeastern U.S., I've read others being told their cars is shipped via rail to Birmingham, AL, then truck to their SC.
The "output" / results based on this info:
  • The rail yard in Milpitas, CA is operated by Union Pacific
  • BNSF has a rail yard in Richmond, CA (see PDF for their rail routes for shipping vehicles in the US and Mexico)
  • List of automotive loading/unloading rail locations in the U.S. You'll find "Tesla" listed on here as well as the Milpitas, CA location.

Just curious did people get a text or email about their VIN or did they log in and see it first? Just curious if refreshing and checking is pointless if text and email are near immediate
I was checking regularly. I didn't get an email/text until a few hours after the VIN showed up.

I actually told myself I would stop checking when it went blank after being June for so long (super disheartening, for sure) but I had it on good authority that a Plaid was coming to my pickup location (direct from the guy that picked up the first Plaid in CO). I'm almost positive his asking made my SC assign it to me - cause that's how it works, right?

I was lucky enough to get a VIN yesterday on MS Plaid White, Wood, FSD, 21s and got a pickup date of July 4-July 7, does completing payment speed it up? I'm wondering if I should wait till it's the date is closer for me to complete final payment. Thanks!
I’d feel uncomfortable paying 10+ days in advance; maybe 2 days max. It’s Tesla, anything can happen 🤷‍♂️

I've worked my whole life to be able to afford a car like this, I don't think I'm personally overthinking it. I want a quality product after being treated like a peasant for the last 8 months and counting.
I hear you. Until my car arrives, I will be driving a 2004 Toyota Tundra that doesn't even have an aux port or blue tooth for my music. It's going to be REAL hard for me to not be overwhelmingly impressed with my Tesla, even if it is missing the windshield.

If anyone gets info on SiriusXM please let me know. Future update? Some other was to get it?
If you have the SiriusXM app on your phone try

"Echo Auto- Hands-free Alexa in your car with your phone​

Brand: Amazon" (they were $15 for prime day and go on sale all the time)
works well for me and the sound quality is very good.

I sent a text to customer care stressing that my EDD was June and then blank and I have to travel for pickup, said it's a long shot I know but do they have any info for me? Will let you all know what they say, my expectations are low.
I'll be sure to ask what CO overall is looking like on Saturday. I think I noticed you're picking up at CO Springs, right?

Can someone link that spreadsheet again? Also, what’s with all the cream interior orders? What am I missing?