Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks under-estimate how crazy EoQ is--one of the reasons they do home delivery is because they run out of space at the delivery center--both for staged cars and to physically move people through.

Yeah, stopping by Westchase today which is in Downtown Houston, the lot was packed with cars still in wrap. Many (at least a dozen) had their flashers on. Is that from transport mode? Also, about 6 of them were plugged into the superchargers. Booo. Good thing it's a pretty big setup and all V3. All their 240V wall chargers were also occupied.

You could literally smell the new car smell walking around outside in 95 degree heat, that's how many new cars there were.

Folks under-estimate how crazy EoQ is--one of the reasons they do home delivery is because they run out of space at the delivery center--both for staged cars and to physically move people through.
Yeah, I'm kind of glad to be avoiding a late-June delivery. I know a lot of you have been waiting a long time, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise if you get delivery in July or August. Less opportunity for screw-ups on Tesla's behalf, when their employees aren't rushed and make mistakes.

That being said, I'm hoping the delay in CF or 19" wheels or [insert Tesla delay here] will not push me to a late-September delivery :eek:
At which point I would just delay delivery to November and hope for a 2022 VIN.

I'm not sure if I like the ebony wood. I ordered it so it is what it is but I might have it wrapped or stained darker. I wish it looked like the dark ash wood in the prior S.
YES! Thank you. The white with dark ash wood was my previous LR S. And loved it. Holding out that I like the walnut, but keep going back and forth.

Westchase today which is in Downtown Houston,
Can confirm - Westchase is not Downtown Houston. It is more like South Memorial / Memorial City. The pin is Westchase, the tower icon is Downtown.
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 1.41.34 PM.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The delivery experience, however, was not exactly stellar.

When I bought the 2014 S: I was lifted into the delivery area on a sedan chair, fanned with palm fronds, fed grapes, gliding through clouds of sweet-smelling, illuminated fog. A harp played in the distance, accompanied by a trio of classically trained vocalists. Some advisors wept openly and freely, as though seeing color for the first time after a lifetime spent in the dark.

-HF
LOL and I really did!!!! 🤣 🤣

Reactions: EndlessPlaid