Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This forum is full of like minded people, love it! I need help - can’t decide between saving $50K for LR, maybe even $60K if I wait until Jan and they bring back the $10K fed tax credit or going all out with Plaid. I have a M3 Performance now and can’t launch it as much as I like so how much use would I get out of Plaid realistically? But, when I do launch it, I always LMAO. Also, I have a 230 mile round trip commute so range, ride quality, and efficiency are important. Such first world problems… anyone have sound advice?
Do you love cars? I took a M3P into the mountains and fell in love with it. Then, I took a MS 100D for a long trip and fell even more in love with that. I love cars, road trips, and I like to peacock 🦚, so the Plaid was perfect.

If your interest is commuting in a nice car, but otherwise it’s mostly a tool. Then the LR is more practical and the better choice. Otherwise, you’d need the Plaid and would go for it unless price was limiting you from it.

I think that only automatic signal is with NoA and FSD city beta which is very limited.

You can half depress the turn signal when in AS on local roads to auto lane change and will cancel the signal after 3 or 4 clicks.

I think the new yoke haptic press is yet another thing to get used to but also does a half signal AS auto lane change. Outside of those use cases, it doesn't automatically signal.
What he said

I think FSD is key on the LR orders. I have seen some very early pre-refresh orders get LR cars without FSD, but it seems like February and later LR orders are only getting VIN’s with FSD with limited exceptions.

How many here have February or later LR orders without FSD with VINS?
I have a 2/4 order 1144 with FSD and I agreee it should help get my vin earlier but I think 19" vs. 21" is the key. Nobody has seen a vin or delivery with 19" at least I don't think. We only see what's being delivered to TMC orders.

I submitted a quote for 10 to get the ball rolling, but am not super hopeful after talking to one of my metal working buddies.

He said it’s just too complicated of a badge, so he can’t do it unless it’s simplified. maybe others can, I don’t know, but the original badge is 4x1” and plastic from what Omar has shared. So, it seems plastic modeling and painting is the way to do it.

Will keep y’all in the loop on if I ever find a way to 🦚 with it.
Bought o e on Etsy for $25
1624719270030.jpeg

This forum is full of like minded people, love it! I need help - can’t decide between saving $50K for LR, maybe even $60K if I wait until Jan and they bring back the $10K fed tax credit or going all out with Plaid. I have a M3 Performance now and can’t launch it as much as I like so how much use would I get out of Plaid realistically? But, when I do launch it, I always LMAO. Also, I have a 230 mile round trip commute so range, ride quality, and efficiency are important. Such first world problems… anyone have sound advice?
I originally ordered the Plaid+ for the range, not the performance (though the performance was a nice bonus!).

When they reached out to change to a Plaid, I almost turned them down. The LR is practical and honestly a fantastic value. My practical side said it was the perfect car for me, and I know I would have been very happy to own one.

But then my completely impractical side said: "Hey pal, you have the chance to own the fastest production car in the world for a moment in time, and it won't cost you millions of dollars."

The impractical side won.

In my mind it comes down to whether or not you have F’ you $ or just a good chunk of $.

If money is no object then get whatever. If you think you’ll have the car for a very long time, get what you want. Personally, I could see myself upgrading to the roadster a few years down the road, for speed and range. Couldn’t justify the $50k now.
Seeing as that I traded in my RWD M3 for Performance only 2 years in, and now looking to upgrade again just a year and a half later, I agree with you - probably will want the Roadster in a couple years too. I could put that $50K in TSLA instead.

I submitted a quote for 10 to get the ball rolling, but am not super hopeful after talking to one of my metal working buddies.

He said it’s just too complicated of a badge, so he can’t do it unless it’s simplified. maybe others can, I don’t know, but the original badge is 4x1” and plastic from what Omar has shared. So, it seems plastic modeling and painting is the way to do it.

Will keep y’all in the loop on if I ever find a way to 🦚 with it.
Bought o e on Etsy for $25
Do you have a link? I’ve searched Etsy and haven’t found it.
It says sold out but you can probably message them and see if they have or will make more. It’s not perfect but pretty close.

1624719859930.png

As someone that's done a fair amount of 3D printing... that's definitely 3D printed, you can see the nozzle tracks. Some black or gray Testors on the dark bits would probably help.
As someone who also does a bunch of 3D printing... I'll add that you should look for someone to do an SLA (instead of FDM) print of this. You can get almost perfect surfaces with SLA, and with some skill probably paint it to be nearly identical to the official version.

I originally ordered the Plaid+ for the range, not the performance (though the performance was a nice bonus!).

When they reached out to change to a Plaid, I almost turned them down. The LR is practical and honestly a fantastic value. My practical side said it was the perfect car for me, and I know I would have been very happy to own one.

But then my completely impractical side said: "Hey pal, you have the chance to own the fastest production car in the world for a moment in time, and it won't cost you millions of dollars."

The impractical side won.
Ugh, this is exactly why I’m on the fence too. Multiple nights in a row now I keep messing around with the online config - angel on one shoulder telling me to save money and go for more range, and the devil on the other shoulder telling me I need to be able to smoke literally every single other car in existence at a stop light even if I never actually do.

Ugh, this is exactly why I’m on the fence too. Multiple nights in a row now I keep messing around with the online config - angel on one shoulder telling me to save money and go for more range, and the devil on the other shoulder telling me I need to be able to smoke literally every single other car in existence at a stop light even if I never actually do.
Yeah, I tend to hold back much of the time, but the opportunity to make people regret spending a ton of money on a gas car sometimes gets the better of me.

I especially enjoy making Dodge (Demon, Redeye, Hellcat, SRT) owners sad. As a bonus, you can yell "Buy American!" when they angrily cut you off after losing. (Dodge makes all of their muscle-y cars in Canada)

If folks are serious about a replica Plaid delivery event badge, the guys at Billet Badges Inc. would knock it out of the park I'm sure. I worked with them on badges for a car project of mine and they did an incredible job. They make custom CNC badges for all sorts of high end and OEM one-off builds. Maybe a future group buy possibility?
I know it’s not perfect, but I bought this dope tracksuit to wear and the Plaid badge for my Subaru. I cannot wait for it to arrive! I may not need the Model S. I’ll save $140K!
img_original-DAL0100OU-0903261291.jpg