Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually got a call from Tesla. Called to check in and to let me know they are matching VIN's as quick as possible. Not a whole lot of info I could get. "Could be as early as this week, could be next month or August". Also told my RN and current status are on par with others. Skirted around inventory delays and possibly switching from CF to wood, but decided I can wait. At least I have a contact and point person going forward. Little things!

With LR priced at $80k, it makes sense. Of course the performance folks might feel the plaid is the best bang

As a Tesla brother, this is difficult to say.... Not feeling that CF.. It looked better in stock form.. No biggie though
No problem at all, I like hearing opinions. I am not sold on it either but it was $15 and a few hours of work. Best part it’s easier to remove than plastidip Supercharging is great for gathering info, have several likes and a ‘meh’. No one got physically ill so that is better than some of my projects.

Man, I was thinking about contacting, or at least attempting and switching from CF to wood. Not now. The CF is sick. I'll wait it out. @Alexjrs thanks for sharing!
I was able to get the CF. I also got to see the wood on a couple. Both black interiors like mine. Personally I like CF better. My wife’s car has wood and there is a lot of it. Looks great. I liked the wood and there is not a lot of it.
in the end I would have taken either.

I was able to get the CF. I also got to see the wood on a couple. Both black interiors like mine. Personally I like CF better. My wife’s car has wood and there is a lot of it. Looks great. I liked the wood and there is not a lot of it.
in the end I would have taken either.
the CF is def awesome looking on the new models.

In case you can’t wait any longer you can buy this one it has carbon 🤦‍♂️😂

Attachments

• CA81E779-850C-404A-850A-9AA23CE231B3.png
    CA81E779-850C-404A-850A-9AA23CE231B3.png
    875.5 KB · Views: 79
I’m on Day 15 of having a blank date on my Plaid/Red/Cream/CF/21. Not a peep from Tesla in over a month.

I’ve accepted the fact that I’m not getting the car until Sept/Oct at the earliest, though I still look every morning as part of my morning coffee ritual. Must say today was the first day I waivered a little. Saw a delivery post with someone’s Red Plaid and briefly thought, maybe I should switch to wood interior trim if it means getting the car sooner.

Must resist.
You can do it! Like others have said, best to wait for the configuration you really want at this price point. Although the wood does look good, the CF looks great! That red plaid that got picked up yesterday could have been mine since that was my same pickup location and I received a phone call last week asking if I wanted to take delivery sooner if I switched to a wood trim. I did think about it, but I knew the CF trim would be lingering in my head. I've been told August, then July, but I'm still blank.

I’m on Day 15 of having a blank date on my Plaid/Red/Cream/CF/21. Not a peep from Tesla in over a month.

I’ve accepted the fact that I’m not getting the car until Sept/Oct at the earliest, though I still look every morning as part of my morning coffee ritual. Must say today was the first day I waivered a little. Saw a delivery post with someone’s Red Plaid and briefly thought, maybe I should switch to wood interior trim if it means getting the car sooner.

Must resist.
Blank as well. Watching all the recent Plaid/refresh videos are certainly helping me cope.

You can do it! Like others have said, best to wait for the configuration you really want at this price point. Although the wood does look good, the CF looks great! That red plaid that got picked up yesterday could have been mine since that was my same pickup location and I received a phone call last week asking if I wanted to take delivery sooner if I switched to a wood trim. I did think about it, but I knew the CF trim would be lingering in my head. I've been told August, then July, but I'm still blank.

I resisted and waited for CF.

Actually got a call from Tesla. Called to check in and to let me know they are matching VIN's as quick as possible. Not a whole lot of info I could get. "Could be as early as this week, could be next month or August". Also told my RN and current status are on par with others. Skirted around inventory delays and possibly switching from CF to wood, but decided I can wait. At least I have a contact and point person going forward. Little things!
If I could get CF on my LR, I would! Stick with it. So many seem to have changed to wood that yours will be a unicorn.

My account still states July for Delivery Plaid + reservation holder from battery day.

Converted it to PLAID S about 2 weeks ago.

Config - RED paint - 19 inch wheel - White int - Walnut Decor with FSD.
Good info, thanks for sharing. My reservation is almost identical, same original order date and conversion back to Plaid.

Only difference besides white interior is you switched to wood, whereas I stuck with CF trim and my July disappeared last week. So it seems that’s now the long pole.

Curious, @127.0.0.0 : when did you ask to switch your trim to wood?

I resisted and waited for C

Oh, I’ll resist. Especially after seeing the pic of the Cream/CF interior posted a few pages ago. It looks so good. I can wait. I just hope I don’t have to wait until the end of the year.

We should start a Carbon Fiber Waiting support group to talk ourselves out of those moments of weakness where we consider switching. :)

You don't need to get the top of the line to get the bigger battery. Cybertruck is still vaporware. Tesla over-promises / under delivers on range, historically. This <F150 Lightning> truck will sell like hotcakes

Since Ford and Tesla are both building the factories to produce the vehicles, and none are for sale from either currently both are so called vapor eh?
Re: range, I have reservations on both, and it is very clear from everything Ford+Tesla had posted that the Lightning will be far off the top range of the Tesla truck.

Real life range matters, our 2013 Model S can achieve 90%+ EPA range today on that cycle, 8.5 years later, with degradation, that kind of excellent engineering is what I expect of Tesla.

Ford Mach-e is very inefficient, and therefore I expect the Lightning to be similarly poor, but that just means the Lightning will need a massive battery pack to get either 230 or 300 miles range. Therefore, the Lightning will do well in relative terms on towing tests because the kWh matters for towing more than any other metric. Air resistance will reduce the range as a function of kWh, independent of how efficient the tow vehicle is without a trailer.

So, in an irony, Ford may do "better" on how much range is lost due to towing, but only because it is so poorly optimized compared to a Cybertruck which has aero advantages (vault cover, shape, Tesla motor and battery tech, etc).

It will not be possible for Ford to make back a deficit in kWh to the top end Cybertruck WRT towing range. If the tri motor trim has more kWh than the 300 mile Lightning, it is crystal clear which truck will tow the furthest on a charge.

When it comes to charging on the road, Ford loses, about 1/2 the effective speed in kWh added per time based on Mach-e vs Tesla charging videos posted online.

Oh, I’ll resist. Especially after seeing the pic of the Cream/CF interior posted a few pages ago. It looks so good. I can wait. I just hope I don’t have to wait until the end of the year.

We should start a Carbon Fiber Waiting support group to talk ourselves out of those moments of weakness where we consider switching. :)

Hello, my name is TorqueMonster. I am a Plaid Model S CF addict.

They are obviously making them. My LR with white interior rolled off the line on June 23rd. They still seem to be in limited supply, but I can confirm that they are now producing them.
How do you know your MS LR "rolled off the line on 6/23/21?" Does the VIN and all up-to-date status updates show up in your Tesla app and/or in your Tesla account? OR did you get that information from your SA or someone else at Tesla?

Reactions: Drew-MS