Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered the new ones specific for the refresh MS on the Tesla.com Shop. They're there now (with the correct rear all-weather mates for the backseats). Question is how do I return the old ones I ordered and received (thinking my MS Plaid was coming a while ago)?
There is a way to do it from your orders in your account page. They allow returns up to a certain time frame but if that option disappeared when you click on that order, it might be too late. There might be a restocking fee if it has been used. I was able to return a charger that I ordered for free and get a full refund.

I'm sure craigslist or ebay would let you recoup most of your cost there in any event...

How many here are Plaid+ to Plaid based on Tesla's outreach to convert for a June delivery? How many have received their car? Who has not?

I ask because I believe my car will not be delivered today and I would like to reach out to Tesla management.
Nope. No interaction, and I'm willing to make changes to pretty much anything except the red exterior, haha.

I think red on the calipers may be played out as well. I think that's why Tesla stopped it. However, I agree with @sflgator in that you can't see the black. I was thinking about having mine painted a different color. Was considering the acid green like the Porsche 918 Spyder or light blue. I think I'm off the red though.

Why not....Plaid? :p

Hey guys. Have had my model s Plaid since Friday. And WOW couple questions wondering if any one knows answers
1) I can’t get my messages to show up from my iPhone. I enabled (in Bluetooth settings) just like in wife’s Y and nothing. Anyone have a fix?
2) calendars very busy shows ALL my calendars on my iPhone just want it to show one? Anyone know workaround
For 2, you used to be able to adjust which calendar shows in the calendar app. There is a checkmark icon. No car to determine if it is still there. But check out the calendar app specifically to adjust which calendars show.
With people having some of these erratic dates like September, October, and stuff, makes me question why there are still people with blank dates. How does that system work or make sense? I don’t think a single person with a straight up blank date has gotten a car yet, only the people with the dates all over the place.
Someone in the LR thread did get a VIN straight from a blank date.

@EVonly It's the first 100 miles or 24 hours, whichever comes first is how my SA explained it. Might want to double check on that. He told me NOT to click on accept if I was on vacation until I was back. He said you obviously cannot enter the car until you accept, but if you are not there, it would not matter. Let me know what you find out.
Thanks for this information. The Tesla representative that called me yesterday conveniently omitted the 24 hour aspect. They did tell me I had to accept delivery today since it was EOQ. My sister can look the car over for me before I accept delivery, but I’m not sure anyone would look at it with the same critical eye as I would. Hopefully, I will be able to document any critical issues.

More feedback like this please! I would love to hear more about corner handling, less about straight-line acceleration. Thank you, and congrats!!

I think I posted this before, somewhere.

A friend of mine, @dortor4ev, is a multiple Tesla owner, now a Taycan Turbo owner. He has raced Porsche GT3 Cup cars in the past. The owner of the shop that prepared his race car, who has a ton of track experience and also has modified many Teslas (being in the SF Bay area) got his hands on a Plaid the weekend after the launch event.

Again, the shop owner makes his living prepping race cars, is a former race driver, and no EV novice. He's also not a huge Tesla fan due to build quality, mainly. Having said that, here were his thoughts:

very knowledgable Performance shop owner today reported on his personal experience with Plaid - track driver - champsionship racer - his shop services/tracks every make/model of car you can imagine, and they have deep experience with most brands (including Tesla) - and he is not a Tesla fan even though he’s in silly-con valley - but sees the writing on the wall with EV
  1. fastest car he’s ever driven - mind blowing (his words) - he’s driven everything (including dragster, La Ferarri, Tesla Model S, Taycan, Cup Cars…)
  2. plaid changes things no doubt based on his 45 min test drive - this is a benchmark vehicle for the entire industry
  3. acceleration is unlike any car on the market
  4. steering/suspension ALL new - all better - really really good in his opinion
    1. steering feel excellent (Porsche quality - his words)
    2. suspension - tight, but compliant - excellent ride quality with great balance for stiffness for performance
    3. handling as good as it gets for a car this big - equal to Taycan if not better
    4. because of the dual motors and software in the rear end acceleration through corners is best on the market right now - grip, feel, and split of power given the dual independent motors on the rear end allow this vehicle to handle like nothing else on the market, both at low speeds and high speed cornering - it’s an infinitely variable limited slip differential virtualized in software - this car can do things no other vehicle can do for handling at any speed.
  5. handling light years better than anything on the market (including Taycan which he’s personally a lot of seat time)
  6. software - order of magnitude fast/better/more control and easy to use than previous Tesla software - will once again set a benchmark for the industry to attempt to catch
  7. did I tell you it was quick - mind blowing quick
  8. he spent an hour going over the car exterior and interior - build quality dramtically improved vs. the 100’s of Model 3 and S’s he has inspected/upgraded/experience over the years
  9. brakes - utter crap - and not up the task of a vehicle that can easily accomplish more than 180 mph - OMG they are sooooo bad
    1. he said if they fix the brakes they wil have the BEST 4 door lux sports sedan on the market
    2. you can soo easily drive this car too fast for the brakes to meet you expectations - he predicts people will die because of this - the car is sooooo fast, but you can’t stop it.
  10. Still not a track car, but able to hang with _ANY_ sports sedan on the market and embarass it greatly
  11. The plaid inspected on a mechanical lift shows a complete redesigned suspension and other components…
His Bottom Line: Best 4 door sports sedan on the market - if they fix the brakes there is nothing to complete with it.

I
With people having some of these erratic dates like September, October, and stuff, makes me question why there are still people with blank dates. How does
I did!
I believe several of us received VIN’s with blank EDD’s
Same… Blank Sat AM, VIN Saturday PM, delivery date and time set after call with the SA to arrange pick up.

Who are these people that are not taking delivery of their cars because they are out of town? After waiting 6 months to a year for a vehicle, I would certainly not let someone else take delivery of my car. I’m currently out of town, but Tesla will be delivering my car to my driveway today (allegedly)

Tesla made the process incredibly easy. All I needed to do was sign the lending agreement online, transfer payment and promise to click I accept delivery after they drop the car off at my house. Tesla told me I had until the fist 100 driving miles to report any issues that need to be addressed. The process is as simple as can be.
“Normal” people don’t know enough about how Tesla operates. My neighbor has an MY on order and expecting delivery any day, I told him he may get his car by 30th because of the EOQ push, he was like “what’s EOQ?”

his first Tesla, so understandable. Also said Tesla recommended electrician gave him a quote of $4500 for wall charger install 😀