Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been so impressed how a plaid was able to get a 1:30 at Laguna. Considering it is 2-3 seconds faster than a GT3RS, Turbo S, etc.. The plaid took the 1st corner at 47mph, which was quicker than all other production cars I’ve seen. Bizarre
Also true, but I wonder why Elon never mentioned that it why we haven’t seen anything else about that. Must have been the Plaid + variant or upcoming Plaid “performance/track” package…

What a temp tag number to have received on my all-black Demon killing car.

Attachments

• 57C86638-5257-4282-853D-C2ACAC73D23C.jpeg
    57C86638-5257-4282-853D-C2ACAC73D23C.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 72
Depends on what vehicles they're coming from. 98% of cars do not have 650+ HP/TQ and do not accelerate form 0-60 in < 3.5 sec. BUT, again, the differences between the MS Plaid and the MS LR are enormous in terms of performance; the Plaid appears to be a whole new animal. Whether or not you think it's worth the extra $40k-$50k depends on a lot of factors and depends on what you think is "fast" and "high performance."

Having test-driven a 2020 MS Performance just one time, I quickly understood what all the fuss was about with Tesla (especially after driving a Jag I-Pace with just 400HP/512 ft/lb TQ for just over 2 years). In the 2020 MSP, I felt like I was in my GT-R but it was silent of course and 100x smoother, silky, awesome tech, and heavy feeling like a tank vs. the GT-R...but the acceleration was similar to the GT-R. I probably could've been quite happy with a new 2021 MS LR with all that power, but I know myself, and as long as I could afford the Plaid, I was going for the top-dog, the one with 1,020HP/1,050 ft/lb TQ...the one that's currently the "quickest production vehicle in the world." 😎
🍺!!

Hey guys. Have had my model s Plaid since Friday. And WOW couple questions wondering if any one knows answers
1) I can’t get my messages to show up from my iPhone. I enabled (in Bluetooth settings) just like in wife’s Y and nothing. Anyone have a fix?
2) calendars very busy shows ALL my calendars on my iPhone just want it to show one? Anyone know workaround
On your phone, did you also go to Settings > Bluetooth > Tesla Model S > i and then turn on "show notifications"?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
[...]

Meanwhile, I cannot figure out how to look at sentry video. The interface is so different from what I had in my MX. Does anyone here know?
Just re-upping on the last question .. I can't find a sentry cam viewer anywhere in the current refresh UI, so I assume it just isn't there yet. I even went to best buy to purchase an ssd to put in the car because I assumed that's why it didn't show up. When I went to install it, I found that Tesla includes a USB stick by default now, heh.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Those Rivian trucks are starting to look REAL good right now!!!....
Good luck with that. Rivian is way behind. Apparently they will release trucks based more on how close to a service center you are than when you ordered. The inital service centers opening will be few and far between and only a handful will be open soon, all near large cities in big states.
I put a deposit down in Nov 2018 and based on what I've read, I may be a year to two years away from actually receiving my RT1 rather than the expectation we would be getting them this summer.

You’re taking about just brakes then? I was thinking about upgrading the brakes to some larger brembos if they don’t come with brembo already. I just hope they’re adequate for this kind of power and weight. I read somewhere that Porsche designs their brakes so it can stop 5 times the amount of the cars weight. Not sure if that’s true, but it sure did feel it!
I guess I was mixing the overall car experience with the braking experience. To be clearer...the braking on the Tesla seems 100% fine. Certainly for street use they are. Track, I have no way of knowing yet.

As far as the driving dynamics of the S vs. a 911, that's actually what I meant in regard to being completely different, as expected of course. Both perform their own mission with aplomb. Both are fantastic cars. Just so happens for my current life situation the Tesla fits me much better. And I really love everything about the S so far...it's an entire new level of tech and power that I'm really surprised is even being produced.

Yea that sux... i specifically re-ordered in late May with black/wood hoping for June. Wasn’t aware of the 19” nonsense.. To say this process has been beyond frustrating is an understatement. But happy to wait.
My only other complaint is receiving a 2021 in the 3rd quarter of 2021.
Thinking you’ll be getting a 2021 in March of ‘21 seemed like a better deal. Just venting a little