Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not even sure what’s worse, the false promises of random months or just a straight up 24/7 blank
well, they say "it is better to have loved and lost, then never loved at all" - so I'm guessing promises made and taken away are better?
In seriousness, when there's some wonkiness, I THINK "something" is happening behind the scenes.
Maybe for the EOQ push, they just got whatever cars they could into whatever hands they could (makes no sense to me then why they'd ship cross country versus just California and then outward) -
maybe, if logistics can catch up, they can then advise the VIN when the car is being built, but right now I would question if they're building off of orders, or making spec builds - "we have enough of this color paint for 20 more, then we'll clean, and switch to next color" - ditto interiors, panels, etc. - once demand slows, then maybe they'll build to order and assign VINs.
I ordered a BMW years ago, and I had to wait until the factory was building with my special order wood trim - that slowed it down a couple of weeks I believe.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Someone on YouTube posted something about Brakes. Dont think I have came across anything in the past about plaid brakes anyone here ?

Kind of difficult to tell what’s going on there. Death wobble and smoked brakes? Doesn't sound like they’ve done it before so only one run up to 160 and this happened? But what even happened? No context whatsoever…until it’s clearer it’s FUD to me.

Lots of clueless people regarding the importance of making sure all 4 are the correct tire pressure. It affects range, performance, safety etc... super important
Totally agreed! I do think the last part of the video, sounded quite exaggerated to me. Plus the video's rather lackluster grammar description didn't help either.

If I’m so lucky to get a call like that. Even if I’m told they have a car but there’s dog poop all over it .. No worries, on my way.
Yeah, I think I was more or less in shock when they called while I was on a zoom call and it didn't hit me till after my meeting. They called at 11am and I left right after the call and was there at 12:30...lol

On a side note, I know I haven't necessary waited as much as others but I too was frustrated with no dates, then date, then blank but as other mentioned, once you take delivery and drive the car, it makes everything worth it. This is my second Tesla (other was in 2015 delivery) so I have some feel for how Tesla operates but still feels disheartening to not know anything. As mentioned, once you drive it, the force that is placed on you when accelerating is nothing I have experienced before. The only other car that I drove consistently as a reference point was my GTR (mostly stock) but this acceleration is so much faster than that, just my 2cents.

Totally agreed! I do think the last part of the video, sounded quite exaggerated to me. Plus the video's rather lackluster grammar description didn't help either.
And it’s not set it and forget it. When the temperatures outside rise and fall, so does tire pressure.. In the NE, cold tires at 40psi in September will drop 10-20% by Dec. Driving around at 32psi is horrible if supposed to be at 40psi.