Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
79D0D0E4-46F1-47C1-A699-4CFB6F0DAAF1.jpeg

I got a call “Sam, what is this?” after receiving the package from Etsy.

Picked up my plaid yesterday, rained all day. Not once have I been able to keep the tires on the ground. They break loose at 80MPH when you stomp on it in the rain. Absolute unit of a car. The service center said they are getting a truck load every single day of Plaids and LR, and they cannot keep up with the deliveries. South Florida. So chances are, all your cars are sitting at the service center just waiting for be processed. VIN's are assigned when the car is at your delivery center.
This is promising.. When you say s. Fl... Where particularly?

I ordered based on what the company stated was the delivery time. I am coming from owning AMG's and I have never had them treat me like this. I am not saying I don't like the car, or I am upset that they are late. I am more upset that I am paying interest on a car that is not in my possession. I also sold my car thinking this would come in time.

Not sure what the work comment was about?? They put the delivery time in the middle of my work day and wouldn't budge. Considering if I don't work I don't make money, this was a substantial hit. It was about 1000-1200$ in lost revenue. I will also have to do it again when they reschedule. I have never had to try harder to give a company 140k for a product in my life. Try buying an AMG....they will deliver it to the moon if you want.
I’ve never had a worse car buying experience. Not saying the car sucks or will suck but the customer service is outright horse sugar.

If you can’t deliver something, then don’t say you can. How incompetent do you have to be that your multimillion dollar company’s website still says estimated delivery in June when it’s already July? Are you going to get into your DeLorean and hit 88mph towing my car to bring it to me in June?

You’re 100% right, it’s never been this hard to give someone so much money for their product. As the time is going by I’m strongly reconsidering even bothering with EV, this is a disgusting taste left in my mouth by customer service that is making me question the quality of customer service I will get if god forbid something is wrong with the car 99% of the shops can’t work on.

It’s easier for fanboiz to deal with because they’ve already either experienced it and it’s not so bad or they just settled with it and now accept it as normal. Either way, as a first time buyer I have nothing but speculations and assumptions, and the company is doing nothing but dragging their feet to make me doubt them more and more. At this point I don’t even have an approximate month to plan my life accordingly with selling current car, finances, etc. This is outright unacceptable to just string people along and inconvenience their personal lives because you just don’t give a sugar about anything but your profit reports for EOQ fluffing the numbers so your investors don’t see that your customer service is outright trash.

@Tigers, you need to give him some slack. I mean he has been waiting for almost a ... ??? Less than a month !!! He is going to be suffering for a long time. I am in the middle of the wait list and know that my new S isn't being delivered until sometime September. He might not have patience now but he will learn or go insane believing every update to his estimated delivery date.

A shout out to my fellow TMCers that have been waiting longer than me. At least we know that Tesla is delivering cars. Better than March and April. This would be so much easier if Tesla did not make the best cars. Then we could just cancel our orders. But everyone who has received a delivery says it worth the wait. So I am patiently waiting. Come on September. 🏈

Haha, for sure. I'm good with waiting until August or September at this point. Mostly because I think more and more things will be found/adjusted and I'm still hoping for ANC to be actually "active" (as the name stipulates) before picking up the car.

Seeing the cars in person yesterday did make me yearn, but I'm ok with waiting, it's all good.

My first attempt at a 0-60 run in my 2 day old LR with 21” wheels. Didn’t engage launch mode, battery at 85%, not a great bit of road (understatement), slight uphill gradient. I have little doubt this car has more to give than what this rookie got this morning ….looking forward to seeing some 3.0’s, 2.8’s with roll out I reckon…View attachment 680028
Thank you! Yay

Been a lurker here for a few month now but wanted to provide another data point :
Order complete on Feb 1 - RN114450950 Plaid Midnight silver metallic, 21", Black/White, CF, Full self drive
Didn't get a date shown until may, showed June1-June30, then June15-30, then disappeared.

Got a surprising call from SA yesterday... SD Carlsbad location, they had a identical car except with Cream interior and ask if I wanted to take it. Short answer, went to see it, switched my order and took delivery yesterday. They told me they got 6 plaid yesterday (one was the one I got, another was was black (also cream with CF), another one that was white (don't know interior), red (don't know interior) and 2 others. This was supposedly the second shipment, one of the managers there got the first shipment a couple days ago.
That cream interior is really nice - nicer than it looked in the renderings online. If they called me and told me they had a match for mine, but with cream instead of black, I'd probably take it as well!

View attachment 680055

I got a call “Sam, what is this?” after receiving the package from Etsy.
Nice! I'm curious what you paid - I figure if I 3d printed it it would run me probably 80 cents in filament, the print would probably take an hour, and it looks like possibly 6 filament changes (if you have a multi material loader could all be done at once) - also you could probably fit up to 10 or so on a build plate, so then you're looking at my estimated 10 hours, and all those filament swaps. Looks great - not anything I'd want to do, and not sure if PLA how well it will survive the sun, but considering the time frame between the June 10 launch and today, that is amazing, and looks spot on from the photos I've seen!
if you're going to put it on the car, you MAY want to consider hitting it with some sort of rustoleum clear (satin or gloss) for some UV and elements protection. Also if PLA, could warp in heat/sunlight. still, looks great and enjoy!

FWIW today my September date is back - it was September-October on the site when I ordered May 4, then nothing in the order, then September June 22, then went blank a few days later, and today back. Whether because today is the next quarter, or I added FSD yesterday I don't know. I don't want the 21" wheels for several reasons, but really tempted to add them to get the car sooner - I haven't seen a single recipient get their car and seem unhappy with it (minor glitches, but just about everyone seems like a giddy kid - and gosh darn it, I want to join the cool kids' club!
Interesting thing to me - from June 10 until roughly the 23, I only saw the 2 OG deliveries, and then a few future dates, etc. - now the spreadsheet is starting to fill more, still a bit of a trickle, but I can see by maybe December, barring shortages of components, there could be S's in the showrooms.
The flood gates haven't opened yet, but getting close.
I also predict in another few weeks/months:
1) most or all software bugs gone - including (maybe) XM, rear screen working as expected, headphone pairing, etc.
2) HVAC firmware update is imminent - whether that allows ANC or that's part of the equation, I expect that sooner than later
3) possibly more reliable Phone as Key - seems most folks are having success, so could be isolated, could be isolated to certain phones, user error, or an upgrade needed for certain configurations
4) more responsive key?
5) FSD 9 is about to pop -
and all sorts of other goodies. I dont' know if they'll unlock more speed, I know we're supposed to see Plaid max speed increases (when just what, 163 isn't enough?) and hopefully better door alignment/panel alignment goodies.
Who knows, by December maybe other manufacturers are going to come out with their variants of the presently maligned, but possibly soon to be embraced yoke.
I also envision after market yoke tops, and by then I may come out with something rudimentary with my crappy CAD skills. then again, it may be an answer to a question that by then nobody is asking. Who knows?
Okay, end of morning musings!

Been a lurker here for a few month now but wanted to provide another data point :
Order complete on Feb 1 - RN114450950 Plaid Midnight silver metallic, 21", Black/White, CF, Full self drive
Didn't get a date shown until may, showed June1-June30, then June15-30, then disappeared.

Got a surprising call from SA yesterday... SD Carlsbad location, they had a identical car except with Cream interior and ask if I wanted to take it. Short answer, went to see it, switched my order and took delivery yesterday. They told me they got 6 plaid yesterday (one was the one I got, another was was black (also cream with CF), another one that was white (don't know interior), red (don't know interior) and 2 others. This was supposedly the second shipment, one of the managers there got the first shipment a couple days ago.
If I’m so lucky to get a call like that. Even if I’m told they have a car but there’s dog poop all over it .. No worries, on my way.

Hey yall, VIN twice removed here. Just got another! Delivery estimate July 14th. I can finally rest.

No way they'll take a VIN from me a third time right? RIGHT?😭
Where in VA and what was your order date/config... I am picking up from Glen Allen SC, ordered 3/6, have a "clean" order (MSM, Black Interior, Arachnid).... Still blank, have been for over a week now

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
A bit sad and pathetic but I will admit to you all that I named my car, after much thought I choose Speedbird 1, a tip of the hat to the call sign of the British Airways Concorde flight between my original hometown (london) and my new one nyc) … sorry, there you go, I admitted it…haters don’t hate ! Anybody care to share theirs or am I the only sad one here?
I like it. my last model S was named “Jumping Jack Flash” .. needs no gas….

Picked up my plaid yesterday, rained all day. Not once have I been able to keep the tires on the ground. They break loose at 80MPH when you stomp on it in the rain. Absolute unit of a car. The service center said they are getting a truck load every single day of Plaids and LR, and they cannot keep up with the deliveries. South Florida. So chances are, all your cars are sitting at the service center just waiting for be processed. VIN's are assigned when the car is at your delivery center.
Congrats man.. just might wanna hold off stomping at 80 in the rain. Just a thought

I’m sitting here in Boston at 2:00 am waiting to electronically accept delivery of my LR MS in San Diego. I was just told that my car will be delivered in the next 5 minutes. Talk about an odd car purchase and delivery situation. Only Tesla would attempt something this unusual.

Edit: First picture of my new baby through the spider web covering my Nest camera.
View attachment 679988
Everyone loves new baby photos! Cigars?Congratulations ! 🍾🎉🎈