Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My red P85D was “the flash”, my red M3P is “flashback” (because the flash is back), and my Plaid will be “flashblack” (because the black trim) ;)
Black and red has a few inspirations to draw from. I was thinking of naming mine Red Mist, from the Kickass movies. The color combination combined with my personality definitely matches for calling it Deadpool. Then there is the Lightning McQueen reference from Cars, or my favorite so far, Thriller, for the thrill of driving and Michael Jackson's jacket from the Thriller video.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I see an asterisk explanation twice, but I don't see the use of an asterisk anywhere. And you can't have every option. Maybe you could say "with most expensive options" but then they say paint cost is not included. Plus they missed the spoiler, cross stitching, plaid launch animations etc. I'm gonna go ahead and assume this list is not accurate. At the very least, this is a terribly thought out list.
Its comically close to the check mark and yes a lot unconfirmed but the site does have some valuable comparison of other features from across Tesla's vehicle lines. I'm guessing potential future feature based on software update. Some things not activated yet...

Here are some photos I took last night after taking my LR out for a drive. Sorry it is a bit dark - I will try to get a few more photos today!View attachment 680131View attachment 680132View attachment 680133
Congrats! Yeah, after seeing your pictures, no way I'm changing anything on my Plaid order...looks AMAZING in white on white! Only things that will make it look better for you, imho, would be to tint your windows and a chrome delete/blacked out front & rear Tesla logo badges. 👍😎

Another thing for you & others to chime in on (for both the LR and Plaid)...anyone know if the dead pedal/foot rest is the exact same size as the previous Model S dead pedal/foot rest? I'm feeling that it should be sport aluminum to match the accelerator & brake.

Another thing for you & others to chime in on (for both the LR and Plaid)...anyone know if the dead pedal/foot rest is the exact same size as the previous Model S dead pedal/foot rest? I'm feeling that it should be sport aluminum to match the accelerator & brake.
Going to have to cut the drivers side mat as it goes up the dead pedal. Saw that in some photos yesterday. Agreed, it should have stayed plastic or aluminum.

Edit: size wise, not sure

Congrats! Yeah, after seeing your pictures, no way I'm changing anything on my Plaid order...looks AMAZING in white on white! Only things that will make it look better for you, imho, would be to tint your windows and a chrome delete/blacked out front & rear Tesla logo badges. 👍😎

I definitely want to get my windows tinted! And a chrome delete for the logos sound great but I am going to think more about that to see if I like the current style or if I want to get it blacked out. Thanks for the suggestions!

Maybe because his was white/white?
You're probably right. I don't understand Tesla's logic here lol. The webpage says white interior is the reason for delay and showing sept. for delivery yet they are delivering other colors with white interior. Why is it that white on white is somehow difficult to get? Is it because it's the best color combination after red on white ;)

I just got the first pictures of my car. Everything looks pretty good except the front portion of the drivers side rear door. Paint looks dull and not shiny. I can’t tell if it is residue, or actual damage to the paint. Bad touch up maybe? The area of concern is the last picture below. What do you guys think this is? Car is going for tint and PPF later. I will find out more after detail shop looks at it.

The other obvious issue is the interior door panel alignment. Same problem we have seen with all of the other cars. The one issue that keeps @Tigers up at night is proudly showing its face once again.

View attachment 680233View attachment 680234View attachment 680235View attachment 680237View attachment 680238View attachment 680239View attachment 680240View attachment 680241View attachment 680242View attachment 680245
How does that area on the door feel? If it is tacky or greasy, it should be fine. If if feels rough, might be some paint damage and have a chat with Tesla before anyone else touches the car.

Posted this earlier on the LR forum… adding for those that are not reading both forums:

Finally!!! Ordered December 11 and this morning had a VIN. My estimated delivery date has already changed 3 times today (all within a few days of each other). Below is a screen shot of the latest.

MS LR White/Black + arachnids (arachnids were in my original order submission).

354EC8B4-EE21-42AD-9D5B-20B5252B715B.jpeg

I decided to call them out directly and ask for more detail if this is a safety concern as opposed to a stunt to pressure a settlement.

fwiw I’m not a blind defender and truly want to know immediately if there is a safety issue here. The way they’re providing information is sketchy, but I’ll listen if they give more detail.

So I’m pondering switching my order from Plaid to LR… I’m very on the fence but overall it seems the LR is an incredible value. Any thoughts? How do I do the switch if I do it?
I ordered a plaid the day after the reveal. Much guilt ensued about spending 50K for speed I didn't really need. However I would get the car by end of June! Ultimately decided to change to LR and now I have to wait until October.